DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

How have you guys been?

It's been a while, I usually come on the forums to lurk every once and a while to check up on how things are doing, and tonight I just wanted to make a post and see how everyone was doing. I don't play GMOD anymore (or play any games in general for that matter) but this community was a big part of my life growing up as a teenager. The server and this community in general got me through some lonely times in my life, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm glad to see that it's still doing well and that it's still kicking, and it's always nice to see familiar names I remember when I played pop up on here.

I remember being 14 and working my way up to being the second "General of the Army", and feeling so accomplished. I honestly think that this server really shaped me into the person I am today, it sounds dumb but I really do think it helped me learn a lot of life skills in terms of leadership and building connections with people when I didn't really have anywhere else to turn to learn those things. Also met a lot of cool people because of this community, I haven't really kept in contact with a lot of them but I still think about them a lot from time to time.

I guess as a little mini update on myself for those who care, I've been focusing on myself and working on improving myself both physically and mentally. I've been devoting myself to weightlifting & bodybuilding in general, and I've pretty much fallen in love with the gym.

Guess I just wanted to make an appreciation post more than anything, was feeling nostalgic and just wanted to say thank you @Nutter

How have you guys been?

• Like 5
12 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

this community was a big part of my life growing up as a teenager. The server and this community in general got me through some lonely times in my life, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

On that same boat with you brother. I think this server actually toughened me up a lot while also offering an alternative to some of the hardships I faced. I think that’s why I’ve stayed as long as I have, because the community has had such a big influence on me growing up it would be impossible to let it go at this point. I’m glad your doing well and I still remember the days back on cs_desert when us Taliban would aim our guns at the roof and fire in celebration of a won war.

And I think I can attribute some of my skills in and out of school such as note-taking or educating due to the environment of the server with the days on end training recruits and being able to tolerate their behavior or coming back every week to tryout for my favorite faction. It is pretty neat how the server has made an impact on every players life new or old. I thank garnet for the ability to play and find such a great community.

Edited by Horse
  • Like 1

I vaguely remember you when I was around in 2021 and 2022. Its jaren the big memer. Don't know if you remember me but I remember you at least by name. Hope your doing alright and life's going good for you and everything.

• Like 1

Eyy it's Prison

Hope you've been well. I know we never talked much because you always seemed to be on US when I was RU, but I always take note when I see you around. 

I've been working on my motorcycle license, trying to get a new job either as a welder or a draftsman at a big corporation near where I live, and just saving up for adult stuff lately. (About to be 21 this year, which is scary and exciting I suppose). And lastly I am planning a trip up to Halifax, Nova Scotia. 

Hope you've been well buddy, glad to see you still stop in and check on us. Hopefully when MRP comes back you join up for a bit for old times sake. ❤️ 

• Like 1