DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

No more Radio micspam as DJ

Description: DJ's should not be allowed to play ear rape/micspam content on radios or over the mic. It is annoying when I am trying to play actual music and some minge is using DJ to play a loud kid eating his microphone and moaning.

There is a loophole that allows people to ear rape via radio due to rules not including radios under the micspam umbrella.

Reasoning: It should be this way because DJ should be a fun role to play music and chill, not micspam.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

Edited by HtmlRoot
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Merk said:

ahhhh DJ rule #1..?

spacer.png

Well the thing is, it specifically says mic. And somebody tried using radios to earrape today and got away with it. Paere could not moderate them.

Also, allow staff to reserve the right to despawn/destroy radios or set job to citizen for minge DJ's using the radio wrongly.

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
26 minutes ago, HtmlRoot said:

Well the thing is, it specifically says mic. And somebody tried using radios to earrape today and got away with it. Paere could not moderate them.

Also, allow staff to reserve the right to despawn/destroy radios or set job to citizen for minge DJ's using the radio wrongly.

I wouldn't be too scared to report someone for ear-raping with the radio. Despite the wording I don't see a reason to kowtow to a minge because he wants to be a rules lawyer. If it's unacceptable on mic it would be baffling to not also regulate the radios.

As for your second suggestion, I do like the idea but I just hope someone wouldn't abuse that. So sick of minge DJs at this point.

+1

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Of course the rule would include the worst of audios such as moaning, any sort of distorted sounds, mouth noises that have no musical substance other then to annoy and tingle the ears. Loud audio in general obviously. However things that aren't just designed to annoy such as someone making a speech, or something that has an intellectual taste (or anything that ISN'T just designed to annoy or would only) wouldn't be included in the rule.

Edited by HtmlRoot
  • Like 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

I've always considered it automatically implied that the radio was included in this rule, but as with many things on darkrp, people seem to need everything specified.. So that can be done then. Additionally, as far as mods "blowing up the radios" to solve the problem, I think we can drop the job-ban command down to Admin or Trial Admin and use that to combat these issues.

TL;DR - Accepted? Kinda?

• Like 1
  • Winner 1