DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Remove the rule on Hobos not having rifles/bigger guns

+1

This rule is odd and is very hard to enforce / rarely ever is enforced.

From what I've seen a huge part of the player base owns perm awps or other rifles bigger than a pistol and will use them even when they are hobo. For me personally (and I assume other people as well)  its never worth the effort of clipping it, uploading it, creating a ticket, waiting for a staff member, and then sitting through a 10 minute admin sit just for the person to get a verbal warning and nothing to happen.

If this is really such an issue that needs to be fixed, I'm sure we'll see more support, but to me this just seems like such a non-issue. 

I can't comprehend why real life statistics matter, or why everyone has to have the means to defend themselves equal to each other. 

Maybe we shouldn't allow hitmen to target blind guys, they can't really defend themselves. Hell, why can't a bank robber mug people? They probably would in real life. 

I don't think it's much of an immersion issue to be honest, hobos can roll with glock fades and it doesn't both me. But I think having a sort of hierarchal system for jobs in which they can out combat other players is good for roleplay. I don't find myself using my bought knives unless I'm playing as a hobo that often, its nice to see gun variety even among people who own several permanent weapons.

I think if defense really is the problem here, Harus is right, weapons wouldn't fix the issue. Unless you're buying perks every time you spawn as a hobo, most hitmen/assassins are going to be armed well enough to 100-0 you before you can feasible react. 

And to touch on toxicity, I don't really know who you are man, you've made quite a few suggestions, I've agreed with some, I've disagreed with others, no reaction I've given was meant to fuck with your reputation, they're just reactions.

• Winner 1
  • Agree 2

Sorry man, but as a near life long hobo stan, I don't see this as an issue that needs to be addressed. Can a hobo theoretically obtain a rifle or shotgun? Sure, but that also means that every other class that has weapon restrictions also can. Hobo's aren't supposed to be the type of class to defend or attack with heavy weapons like snipers, it doesn't fit the meta of the class. 

As far as the enforcement goes on Hobos using weapons larger than a pistol, that's mostly up to the staff to know the rules to be able to enforce it, and players who know the rules to catch when reporting. Many people as hobos have used shotguns or whatever, and I think most forget about it during a report. 

Classes that can't use weapons larger than a pistol:

- Hobo

- Hobo Lord

- Medic

- Parkourist

- Prostitute

- Covid Spreader

- Deliveryman

- DJ (Some of you forgot or didn't know, didn't you?)

• Agree 1

I don’t find this necessary IMO it should stay the same, you’re the first person I’ve ever seen that is salty over that rule. Hobos were never meant to use big artillery.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Vortex said:

you’re the first person I’ve ever seen that is salty over that rule.

Quite an odd choice of words to describe how I feel about the rule. I just think as the server evolves over times, some things can change even if the OG's think it wouldn't be beneficial or have any lasting effect. I wouldn't say I'm "salty" over the rule, but I feel it to not really have anything that does good for the server. Other then realism, which isn't really a thing on this server I mean for gods sake we have Venom and Spiderman. To each their own I suppose.

On 4/25/2024 at 8:51 PM, 1998Corolla said:

Sure, but that also means that every other class that has weapon restrictions also can

Yea but a lot of those weapon restrictions were most likely implemented to serve as a "meta" which in my opinion doesn't really do much for the server considering those same classes can't participate in the same stuff as raiding classes and other classes. for the most part

On 4/24/2024 at 5:06 PM, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

-1 Less RP

I don't get what your saying. How would this remove any role-play from the server? If anything it opens the door for more role-play, just different then what the status quo would have you with.

On 4/24/2024 at 3:04 PM, devilsbrother said:

This rule is odd and is very hard to enforce / rarely ever is enforced.

Most of the times its enforced is when someone who's played the server long enough to know all the rules big or small, and its when that person just wants to get someone further in trouble because they don't like the person or some other reason. Nobody really reports it outside of that.

On 4/24/2024 at 9:07 PM, ADVDUPE said:

Maybe we shouldn't allow hitmen to target blind guys, they can't really defend themselves. Hell, why can't a bank robber mug people? They probably would in real life. 

Now your just nitpicking my philosophy as if its all or none. You have to look at it from an open-minded perspective and not a narrow minded traditionalist perspective.

Edited by HtmlRoot
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Cringe 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

Denied

Hobos, by definition, are not intended to be on an equal playing field to normal civilians, hence the weapon restriction being added in the first place. A hobo is not intended to be a standard member of society, which means they should not have access to higher-end weapons; You could even go as far as saying that hobo is just a troll/fun job, whose purpose is to give the server a bit of lighthearted fun amidst the other roleplay classes we have. Giving hobos access to other weapons essentially violates the rolepaly logic of them being at the bottom of the food chain. I don't feel as though this is an issue that we should address at this moment in time.

Thank you for the time & effort you put into your suggestion!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1