DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Tundra vs Grass Map

Tundra VS Woodland  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Tundra
    • Woodland

Howdy

I would like to get everyone who plays MRP's opinion on what they prefer: a map with tundra (snow) terrain or grass/woodland terrain. I'll be posting a poll, but I would also like to see your reasoning as a reply to this post.

Also, no, there will not be playermodel changes.

Thanks

• The Garnut
5 minutes ago, Gildarts | GarnetGaming said:

Snow/tundra, to make the player models standout like a sore thumb.

Told phantom to explicitly let people know, no playermodel changes with Tundra.

I prefer the woodland terrain map as it allows for a lot more shrubbery and brush to be around the terrain as cover (not saying this can't be done in a Tundra map, just saying it can be and has been done better on woodland terrain. There may be more reasons, but this is the main one I thought of when I voted.

Tundra would be a major no IMO. In plain white, bullets are hard to track, and everything blends in BESIDES the play models. Depth perception is altered and thus sniping becomes harder. In general, Tundra looks so boring and yet destroys the combat. Plus, snow makes no sence because IRL guns would need defrost, people would be slower and slopes would be extremely slippery.

Woodland in every game works. Different shades of green and rock allow for more diverse terrain, and bushes to use tactical advantages. There is a reason shooter games only have 1 or 2 snow maps, because they are plain and hard to play on.