DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Mayor's way to cash

Tripppy

There's been many threads like this, however I think they are asking for too much so here's how I think Mayors should get cold hard cash.

Bails - I think that whenever someone bails another person out, the mayor should be able to get 10% of the bail. So it's not that much and balanced.

Docter NPC - Similar to the previous point, the doctor NPC is basically an NPC you feed money into where it disappears into nothing. I think the Mayor should be able to get 10% or more for every purchase.

Arrests - There should be a system, where every arrest an officer makes the Mayor gets 250 dollars, which is half of what the officers get for each arrest.

That's all the reasonable ways I think Mayors should earn money. I don't think we necessarily need all 3 of them, but some would be nice.

Please reply with your thoughts and opinions on the matter!

I 100% agree with adding at least one of these. My personal opinion for the addition should be the mayor getting a percentage of the Bail NPC. Bail is $10,000, therefore the mayor would get $1000 per bail. This is great, because it directly reflects how purposeful your laws are, and it reflects how many meaningful arrests your police make. It would take an obsurd amount of bails for the Mayor to have a substantial amount of money for older players, but for newer players, that money can easily set them up for success! 

I simply couldn't +1 this enough,

• The Garnut

Sorry, for about the 50th time. I don't intend on adding more of an incentive to become the mayor, you are essentially there to set up laws and hide away from humanity so you don't get assassinated. I do NOT wish for it to become a job where you make a substantial amount of cash.

1 minute ago, Garnet said:

Sorry, for about the 50th time. I don't intend on adding more of an incentive to become the mayor, you are essentially there to set up laws and hide away from humanity so you don't get assassinated. I do NOT wish for it to become a job where you make a substantial amount of cash.

But isn't that like the hobos? I mean, I've seen people give thousands to hobos, hundreds of thousands, and even in my case, I've given millions to hobos. There's really no incentive to be the Mayor because you don't gain much from it and everyone just kills/tries to kill you even when you first become Mayor.

• The Garnut
44 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

But isn't that like the hobos? I mean, I've seen people give thousands to hobos, hundreds of thousands, and even in my case, I've given millions to hobos. There's really no incentive to be the Mayor because you don't gain much from it and everyone just kills/tries to kill you even when you first become Mayor.

Easy solution, don't become the mayor.

No, writing laws that dictate gameplay isn't "like the hobos"

• 1 year later...