DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Nerfing the MP5A5

Bendak

11 hours ago, gg.x [Cody Drax] said:

The MP5A5, in the hands of a skilled player, is a dangerous weapon, such as every other powerful donator weapon that you can buy. It's 'dangerous' levels drop severely with those who can't control it properly.

Now, when you say control it properly, what do you mean? Because like, its has zero to non recoil, the spread when burst firing from medium range is barely noticable and it shoots like a micro uzi. So, what part of that do you need to control?

Edited by Upland
typos

So let's compare it to the other weapons in the game.

SMGs. It outclasses every SMG in the game in all categories except for ammo capacity Which the P90 beats but is no longer being used.

ARs. Less damage, but significantly higher fire rate, with similar range means faster kill time for MP5 which can kill someone in less than a second even without headshots.

Shotguns. Shotguns will outdamage it at close range, but in all other scenarios it gets outclassed.

Sniper Rifles/DMRs. The MP5 will do what all snipers do and so much more. The only time a sniper is a better choice of weapon is when it comes to extreme distances, which with the current movement speed is negligible.

Summary. The MP5 has no downsides except for the fact that it can eat through ammo extremely quickly. It has faster kill times than ARs while maintaining an AR ammo capacity and a snipers range. Couple the high fire rate with little to no recoil or aim spread, and gameplay with the weapon is the same that can be accomplished on the desk top. Point and click, wait for the person to die. Repeat until all are dead.

+1

@gg.x [Cody Drax]

The same can be said about any weapon, however, this is not CSGO or R6 Siege where the gun has recoil, aim spread, or some other mechanic that must be mastered for the gun to be good. The weapon has negligible recoil and aim spread, so you are not punished for spraying and praying. If you give someone who first joins the server an MP5, they will be able to use it with no issues what so ever, unlike other weapons on the server which can punish you for misusing them.

Edited by Nomad
Just now, Upland said:

Now, when you say control it properly, what do you mean? Because like, its has zero to non recoil, the spread when burst firing from medium range is barely noticable and it shoot like a micro uzi. So, what part of that do you need to control?

I've watched in war that some people aren't very good with its precision, so they don't know how to lead their shots and follow through when a target is moving. Very rarely will you catch someone standing still during war. I've noticed that people tend to rely on a weapons aim spread when approaching a target because their usual attack method is to spray and pray, rather then relying on a weapons precision.

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Shotguns. Shotguns will outdamage it at close range, but in all other scenarios it gets outclassed.

I disagree to a point. Comparing the MP5 with other weapons defeats the purpose of your argument because every weapon is manufactured for a specific purpose. Obviously the MP5 will beat a shotgun at long-mid range. Any real life SMG can, considering a shotgun is MEANT for CQC. What dumbass is sniping with a shotgun on the server?

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

SMGs. It outclasses every SMG in the game in all categories except for ammo capacity Which the P90 beats but is no longer being used.

Well, its a donator weapon. I understand that its considerably better then other donator weapons, but historically, donator weapons are meant to be better. That's why people are paying $$$ for it, to be frank.

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

ARs. Less damage, but significantly higher fire rate, with similar range means faster kill time for MP5 which can kill someone in less than a second even without headshots.

SMG's are universally manufactured to have a faster fire rate than AR's. I realize the MP5A5 IN-GAME has a significant fire rate, but so does the SSO SMG, which has a high fire rate and damage (Not saying its better then the MP5A5, btw). 

15 minutes ago, Nomad said:

with similar range means faster kill time for MP5 which can kill someone in less than a second even without headshots.

When the server tickrate is good,  well placed FMG shot can also do the same thing btw

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Sniper Rifles/DMRs. The MP5 will do what all snipers do and so much more. The only time a sniper is a better choice of weapon is when it comes to extreme distances, which with the current movement speed is negligible.

This may be the only part i can agree with. The MP5 can do some wild things from a great distance, so maybe some bullet drop-off is required. But a sniper/DMR in-game, at the distance its meant to be shot from, will typically do more damage regardless, such is the nature of the weapon.

11 hours ago, gg.x [Cody Drax] said:

I've watched in war that some people aren't very good with its precision, so they don't know how to lead their shots and follow through when a target is moving. Very rarely will you catch someone standing still during war. I've noticed that people tend to rely on a weapons aim spread when approaching a target because their usual attack method is to spray and pray, rather then relying on a weapons precision.

I mean imo tracking aint something only skillfull people know, seen as it is pretty much a requirement for getting anything done.

8 minutes ago, Upland said:

I mean imo tracking aint something only skillfull people know, seen as it is pretty much a requirement for getting anything done.

Obviously. If you have a mouse you can track people with decent hand-eye coordination, but there's a difference between tracking while walking or running around, and tracking someone to get a kill. Both can be severely disproportionate in difference.

• Community Director

"MP5A5 OP, REMOVE PLS"

Why bother suggesting this?

1. You already know people are gonna find a better weapon that is slightly better to use, then that's going to become the new meta:
  2. People paid for this weapon
  3. We didn't remove the Orsis which was a power meta, for THE LONGEST TIME. (And most likely will be the next meta if this gets nerfed)
  4. I used base entry guns for MONTHS, I always contested anyone. - Get Gud.
  5. Wars are fair, sometimes RU wins, sometimes US wins, often times it's pretty close. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gg.x [Cody Drax] said:

I disagree to a point. Comparing the MP5 with other weapons defeats the purpose of your argument because every weapon is manufactured for a specific purpose. Obviously the MP5 will beat a shotgun at long-mid range. Any real life SMG can, considering a shotgun is MEANT for CQC. What dumbass is sniping with a shotgun on the server?

Yes but for a weapon to be balanced it has to be compared to all weapons in a sandbox, and currently the MP5 does too much too well, if you read what I said about the weapon. However, I will explicitly state why it is over powered here.

The MP5 does too much too well, it has no downside to using it VS other weapons in the sand box.

3 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

"MP5A5 OP, REMOVE PLS"

Why bother suggesting this?

1. You already know people are gonna find a better weapon that is slightly better to use, then that's going to become the new meta:
  2. People paid for this weapon
  3. We didn't remove the Orsis which was a power meta, for THE LONGEST TIME. (And most likely will be the next meta if this gets nerfed)
  4. I used base entry guns for MONTHS, I always contested anyone. - Get Gud.
  5. Wars are fair, sometimes RU wins, sometimes US wins, often times it's pretty close. 

I'm not asking for a removal I'm asking for a state Nerf. This post is serious so don't meme in it. When an SMG can outdo a sniper before it can even scope I'm at a sniping range then there is a problem

• Community Director
Just now, Acid Drop said:

I'm not asking for a removal I'm asking for a state Nerf. This post is serious so don't meme in it. When an SMG can outdo a sniper before it can even scope I'm at a sniping range then there is a problem

You can't add bulletdrop to GMOD, its GMOD. If you think in a long range battle MP5A5 can out beat @Jackal l GarnetGaming.net's sniping... you're wrong. 

11 hours ago, Alex Conway said:

You already know people are gonna find a better weapon that is slightly better to use, then that's going to become the new meta:

I mean yea there will always be meta guns, but a smg that can be used as a sniper is a bit much imo

People paid for this weapon

So? Doesnt mean that a weapon should be left untouched though.

We didn't remove the Orsis which was a power meta, for THE LONGEST TIME. (And most likely will be the next meta if this gets nerfed)

The thing is, orsis has a downside, short range. MP5 doesn't have any downside, because its good in every range

I used base entry guns for MONTHS, I always contested anyone. - Get Gud.

Blanket statement, like you can literally say that on any weapon suggestion with the same effect. 

Also your 5th point is irrelavent when regards to the nerfing of mp5

If you think in a long range battle MP5A5 can out beat @Jackal l GarnetGaming.net's sniping... you're wrong. 

then add bullet spread to it, since thats one way to fix the gun.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

You can't add bulletdrop to GMOD, its GMOD. If you think in a long range battle MP5A5 can out beat @Jackal l GarnetGaming.net's sniping... you're wrong. 

I never mentioned bullet drop. If you looked at the original post it said aim spread. And I've heard him complain about the MP5 when he is on every now and then so it can. It's also not good to assume certain players are gods at the game when I can here him and half of the TS channel that still plays the server rage about the MP5A5 being a retarded weapon.

• Community Director
2 minutes ago, Acid Drop said:

I never mentioned bullet drop. If you looked at the original post it said aim spread. And I've heard him complain about the MP5 when he is on every now and then so it can. It's also not good to assume certain players are gods at the game when I can here him and half of the TS channel that still plays the server rage about the MP5A5 being a retarded weapon.

8 minutes ago, Upland said:

I mean yea there will always be meta guns, but a smg that can be used as a sniper is a bit much imo

So? Doesnt mean that a weapon should be left untouched though.

The thing is, orsis has a downside, short range. MP5 doesn't have any downside, because its good in every range

Blanket statement, like you can literally say that on any weapon suggestion with the same effect. 

Also your 5th point is irrelavent when regards to the nerfing of mp5

then add bullet spread to it, since thats one way to fix the gun.

"UNREALISTIC!!!!!" Oh really Eh?