Breaking the Sniper Fire Rate

{GG}otham

4 minutes ago, Normal Hooman said:

I agree with you on this and is why I think it is an issue that comes down to Garnet to fix if he thinks it is that game breaking. Like the comparison I made to the CSGO jump bug. 

If majority of the community thinks this is a problem then it will be brought up to Garnet. I don’t believe he is aware of this bug, if he is then he decision or declaration of how he feels will result on this suggestion being accepted or denied.

1 minute ago, .lua said:

If majority of the community thinks this is a problem then it will be brought up to Garnet. I don’t believe he is aware of this bug, if he is then he decision or declaration of how he feels will result on this suggestion being accepted or denied.

Yeah but the suggestion is about giving out warns for the issue rather than having it become impossible to break the fire rate. I have a bigger issue with this now if that you can be warned for this due to something that is completely out of your control.

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

I remember Pencil telling me of a bug that rendered sniper shots twice in Nailgunners somehow.

10 hours ago, .br0ken said:

sometimes the damage logs duplicate or be written in the form of 2 logs which can result in a false warning

41 minutes ago, Normal Hooman said:

Yeah but the suggestion is about giving out warns for the issue rather than having it become impossible to break the fire rate. I have a bigger issue with this now if that you can be warned for this due to something that is completely out of your control.

I was assuming the bug was with an external plugin, meaning it can't be fixed. However, to say it is out of your control is naive. You have to be trying to do it to do it consistantly. It's not like the firerate just isnt there. You have to be intentionally seeking to exploit the movement.

And I'm not sure how accurate the whole "damage logs can't be trusted thing is. Seems suspiciously convenient . If a higher staff member could say something on that, it may improve it's validity.

27 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

You have to be trying to do it to do it consistantly. It's not like the firerate just isnt there. You have to be intentionally seeking to exploit the movement.

Of course I have because there is no rule against it I don't think it is an issue there isn't.

1 minute ago, Normal Hooman said:

Of course I have because there is no rule against it I don't think it is an issue there isn't.

1 hour ago, Normal Hooman said:

I have a bigger issue with this now if that you can be warned for this due to something that is completely out of your control.

So then we agree that it's not out of your control?

So you're not worried about getting false warned, you're just defending the way you play. Noted

1 minute ago, {GG}otham said:

So then we agree that it's not out of your control?

So you're not worried about getting false warned, you're just defending the way you play. Noted

Ok, you have obviously missed my points entirely. I will break it down for you. 1) I think if it is in the game and there is no rule against it it should be able to be used. 2) Obviously it doesn't belong in the sever and should just be removed entirely so that I or no other people can use it.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

What @Ethan mentioned is true. I play Riot pretty damn extensively. There have been maybe 20 counts of me dying to one shot since I’ve became staff and started checking logs.

The logs will show two bullets connected even though the player only shot once (I’ve confirmed this over 10 times via pm’s). I assume this because the bullet went through me and then underwent the retarded bounce mechanic that’s on the server. On Tuesday, I was a Nailgunner and died to a single orsis shot (headshot + ricochet damage).

The fact that this mechanic exists on the server makes this rule 100% bogus. Any player can claim that they only shot once. Any hope of this being enforced relies on the accuser having video proof with clear audio AND visual of the person who uses the “bug”

• Like 3
Just now, Normal Hooman said:

Ok, you have obviously missed my points entirely. I will break it down for you. 1) I think if it is in the game and there is no rule against it it should be able to be used. 2) Obviously it doesn't belong in the sever and should just be removed entirely so that I or no other people can use it.

You do realize that common sense is in effect, which means that even if it does not specifically says that in the rules, doesn't mean you should exploit it for your benefit or giving you an advantage. I do believe that using bugs or exploit on the server that gives you an advantage against your enemies is a  wannabe offense, or I think that is what @Gildarts | GarnetGaming said one time.

Just now, Jasmin | Garnetgaming.net said:

You do realize that common sense is in effect, which means that even if it does not specifically says that in the rules, doesn't mean you should exploit it for your benefit or giving you an advantage. I do believe that using bugs or exploit on the server that gives you an advantage against your enemies is a  wannabe offense, or I think that is what @Gildarts | GarnetGaming said one time.

Well I think the question for the Super Administrators/ Managers is that is this an exploit or just a bug?

4 minutes ago, Normal Hooman said:

Haven't missed your point at all, you're points arent adding up to the same consensus. You're saying you do it because it's there and there aren't rules against it. Now that I'm trying to make it a rule you claim that doing it is "out of your control". It comes down to this, just because something is possible, doesnt mean you should do it. I'll tell a story

A few years ago an MMORPG came out named Neverwinter. It was still early release, so there was a lot of bugs. There was no rules regarding the auction house. With that being said the smart 13 year old I was, I wondered what happend if i put an item on the auction house for -10000000 gold then bought it. Let's just say I was 10000000 gold richer by the end of the fiasco. Then I was banned for exploiting. See, there's a common understanding of what makes sense. Snipers firing at the rate of an SMG? Doesnt make sense. Garnet advertises it's self as a semi-serious RP. I know that term is loose fitting, but surely we can keep snipers realistic.

Well I think the question for the Super Administrators/ Managers is that is this an exploit or just a bug?

I think you're missing the point here Hooman. If there is a mechanic or bug in the game you found and it is not supposed to be there and you are using it to YOUR advantage, then it doesn't matter if it a bug or exploits, it should be a verbal or wannabe offense. I don't know why you are not understanding this.

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The logs will show two bullets connected even though the player only shot once (I’ve confirmed this over 10 times via pm’s). I assume this because the bullet went through me and then underwent the retarded bounce mechanic that’s on the server. On Tuesday, I was a Nailgunner and died to a single orsis shot (headshot + ricochet damage).

Me saying "out of your control" wasn't referring to breaking the fire rate. It refers to this 

Just now, Jasmin | Garnetgaming.net said:

I think you're missing the point here Hooman. If there is a mechanic or bug in the game you found and it is not supposed to be there and you are using it to YOUR advantage, then it doesn't matter if it a bug or exploits, it should be a verbal or wannabe offense. I don't know why you are not understanding this.

Ok I get what you are saying and didn't realize that any use of bugs should be a warn able offense on the server. That is a fault of my ignorance.

@Jasmin | Garnetgaming.net Is there anywhere official for what you said was true? Because I looked through to see if I was being stupid and should have knew this existed but it doesn't seem to under MRP rules page or under the MRP administration menu. And the only place I saw it set in stone is the DRP sever rules page. 

Edited by Normal Hooman
more research
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Honestly I’m indifferent on whether or not this goes through. I mentioned why I think this would be difficult to police.

Not only that, this ruling will open an entire can of worms regarding exploits/bugs/etc. It’ll be up to the Managers + Garnet if they choose to do so.