Breaking the Sniper Fire Rate

{GG}otham

I don't think a warn should be issued. As Ozzy said, sometimes a bullet does two counts of damage. This would be hard to distinguish between someone cancelling a reload animation and a simple richoche. This could potentially lead to many false warns, and everyone would need to record their entire war just to prevent one war. That's kind of bogus. The issue resides entirely within CW 2.0, and I'm not sure it can be stopped. I may be wrong, but this may not be preventable. And although this is a step in the right direction to stopping this "bug" from being exploited, it's not looking as if it will work. There are too many variables, like the hitreg, possible hitboxes, richoche, and even an accidental usage of the bug. 

A solution to this would possibly embracing it. Teach players without the knowledge of this bug how to use it. Again, don't get angry with me or call me retarded for suggesting this: it is simply an offer to look at. It's not perfect.

TL;DR - This is an issue only Garnet can fix, and even then it may not be fixable. The problem resides within CW 2.0, and may even be an intended feature for all I know. Warning people for this is not wise, as many issues can arise from the mutliple variables that are present. Thank you for taking the time to read this, hope it helps.

Just now, Ozzy said:

Honestly I’m indifferent on whether or not this goes through. I mentioned why I think this would be difficult to police.

Not only that, this ruling will open an entire can of worms regarding exploits/bugs/etc. It’ll be up to the Managers + Garnet if they choose to do so.

I agree will ozzy on the last sentence, we need to let the Managers+ to discuss this and think if it is warnable or not.

• 300 IQ 1

Accepted 

After talking with jackal we concluded that breaking your fire rate for sniper or shotgun you will receive a Verbal warning, continuous behavior will become a permanent ban for Exploiting.

Note, if it isn't attended to be in the game it is exploiting.

@Phantom lock 

Edited by ChrisBranch
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1