MRP Suggestion thread

gambler01dyer

Change back the main spawn for when you join the sever to civilians-

Most can see RU has had a good boost in players and this in no way bad (mostly in 2GA and a little in GRU) but this also drops USs base factions so it seems to restrict new players as they don't really get encouraged to join US by RU and this has caused some short comings to USs recruitment.  

(An easier solution i see would be just to add a 3D2D textscreen in RU/US RR that detail how to join the other side to not discourage the players from joining both factions)

Change the cap time for objectives in war to 2/3 mins again-

Alot of the fun both attacking and defending an objective is somewhat lost due to it taking 5 mins (or more) to cap an objective so its come down to a "Who can get there first" type of match without much effort later on in the war. Players in base factions seem to (after knowing this) stop trying after either the obj is capped or 5 mins left has passed in war and putting it back to 2/3 mins would up the fighting for an obj by alot, not only that but it would encourage both players and commanders to fight tooth and nail for the obj knowing it wouldn't take much for an enemy to take it away adding more fun and adrenaline rush to the wars. This will also give a chance to RU and US to cap the obj near the end of a war so it could really turn the tide of war.

Edited by gambler01dyer
  • Like 1

+1 Now this is something that I have seen since i’ve been back and it’s slowly turning to RU sided wars (Just like it was US sided before the switch).  If you are on during high-pop (and even low-pop) 3/4 of the US are level 15+ and most of the RU are 1-10, this is just showing how RU is constantly getting new people however US gets only around 1/4-1/5 of the actual new recruits.  I feel like either switching the recruits to spawn as US and switch it back once more once US matches RU in numbers, or (which this is what i prefer) result back to setting them to spawn as Citizen.  During the recent wars, RU has dominated US due to numbers (This is also the fault of US as they sometimes forget to change their jobs to AFK). Meaning, RU Staff don’t realize how uneven the war is until it’s to late to switch.  To sum this all up, switch the thing you spawn as to either US recruit, or Citizen

Edited by Vaccc
Redacted
  • 300 IQ 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
3 hours ago, Vac_ said:

Meaning, RU Staff don’t realize how uneven the war is until it’s to late to switch.

Numbers definitely aren’t everything. I’ve seen a handful of wars where RU will have a much larger amount of players on but still get shit on. Like you mentioned in your post, a great deal of US mains are experienced and should be able to handle 2-3 lower enlisted 2GA.

As far as the OP goes, +1.

I’m open to seeing a neutral spawn as a civilian. However there would be an issue as to where they would spawn as it’s currently in a sit room. Having a text screen in the RU RR on how to switch to US would be silly IMO.

Increasing the cap rate would help make those lower populated wars, 30-50 people, more interesting. In that player count range, the first side to cap the 1 obj wins 90% of the time because it takes so long to cap points. Teams will often cap with 16-10 minutes left to war, at which point it becomes TDM because both sides recognize the minimal chance of a retake.

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • 3 months later...