Rule Rework

National

Racism Suggestion Rework

Current Rule: Do not disrespect or use racism to other members of the community when out-of-character (OOC) this includes the forums, OOC chat, and Administrator sits. Racism and disrespect via Adverts, text screens and broadcasts are also prohibited.

New Rule: Do not disrespect or use racism to other members of the community when out-of-character (OOC) this includes forums, OOC, chat, and Administrator sits. Racism and disrespect via Adverts, text screens, player names and broadcasts are also prohibited.

Reason: Players are using racist names so it'll show the racist words in the OOC chat, without actually having to type it, bending the rules. Having it in the job should be allowed due to it not showing in OOC.

Staff Suggestion (for higher ranks): We should have a staff meeting regarding how to handle sits and encourage newer staff members to be more active, and also encourage them to be more active in Teamspeak because it's hard to communicate with those not in Teamspeak. Numerous times I see multiple reports that should be handled and personally have to ask for help. Example, other day Buddha and I was taking sits and we had about 20 awaiting to be taken. Buddha had to personally ask for all available staff to help. I understand some may not available, however, we as a team should be working together whenever we're busy. [EDIT: We had the staff meeting.]

Edited by National1
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, Bread God said:

+1 to both the suggestion and a staff meeting. I have a lot of issues to bring up that would be easier over voice than a suggestion. Also, would this extend to racist job names?

No, this would only be the names since it shows in OOC, jobs don't.

• Like 2

+1 for both, and I totally agree for lower ranking staff being unavailable on ts, theres like two of the mods that actually go on ts throughout the day, the rest I have even told them that going on ts and meeting the higher ups and all would be a good idea..never see them in there tho.

1 hour ago, Bread God said:

Just to let all DRP staff know:

Tomorrow on Monday Jarold and I will be holding a staff meeting at 9 PM est, or 6 PM pst. I hope to see you all there will plenty of suggestions!

I have a few things at the meeting I'd like to discuss if possible, I will give you more about that after work. Really busy right now otherwise I'd msg you. 

• Like 1
On 2/16/2019 at 9:26 PM, National said:

New Rule: Do not disrespect or use racism to other members of the community when out-of-character (OOC) this includes forums, OOC, chat, and Administrator sits. Racism and disrespect via Adverts, text screens, player names and broadcasts are also prohibited.

+1

12 hours ago, Witchings said:

I think broadcasts and textscreens shouldn't be touched mainly cause its ic and really doesn't affect anyone.

The broadcast part is already in the rule, the only thing being added is you cannot have racism in your name due to it showing in OOC.

5 hours ago, PsyKick said:

I agree with the player names not having racism, however isn't this whole thing technically loopholing to get around the rules?

yep, but people play the bullshit game "it only says on advert, textscreen, and ooc, not my name"

Edited by National1