DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP Map] Base Layout Suggestion

I agree with prisonNightmare, this will probably take a long time to do but other than that I’m definitely gonna +1 this. It’d add a lot of new and good things for people to do and experience the only thing is that some people will try and find a way to abuse some of these ideas like the arenas and no mans land. But even then I think it’s a really good idea.

Edited by deathadder2222

-1 The idea of a constant pvp zone is very interesting but the scale of importance that the zone is supposed to take up seems like too much. Because the bases from the image you drew have a fuck ton of assets in them. This makes it seem like the zone will take a up a large portion of the area outside the bases and limiting to the war OBJs. Also it's a weird concept of we are not at war with these people but if you see their patrol shoot on sight. Maybe over simplified but that also another issue to me because of the complex nature of the suggestion. Having people have to defend sims/tryouts if you want to use an area out side of the base seems like it would be really annoying. Just feels like a huge limitation to tryouts and practicing for war. Maybe I'm getting the wrong image in my head but from what you described and drew that's what I thought.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Normal Hooman said:

-1 The idea of a constant pvp zone is very interesting but the scale of importance that the zone is supposed to take up seems like too much. Because the bases from the image you drew have a fuck ton of assets in them. This makes it seem like the zone will take a up a large portion of the area outside the bases and limiting to the war OBJs. Also it's a weird concept of we are not at war with these people but if you see their patrol shoot on sight. Maybe over simplified but that also another issue to me because of the complex nature of the suggestion. Having people have to defend sims/tryouts if you want to use an area out side of the base seems like it would be really annoying. Just feels like a huge limitation to tryouts and practicing for war. Maybe I'm getting the wrong image in my head but from what you described and drew that's what I thought.

So I already covered the sims/tryouts issue in the post, but I can quickly describe it here again. Due to the center of the map being No Man's Land, limiting what you can do there, the bases are larger and included Simulation Rooms to be used in sims/tryouts, and extra Arenas for people to just practice in with a new Fight system to separate it from sims. I explain it in better detail in the post if you go to the paragraphs that start with "The Arenas", and "Sims/Tryouts in the map".

I assume the first few sentences that you mean the bases take up a large space, so the objectives don't have as much room, but the idea isn't to be exactly 1:1 with my map, just the concept that the spawn tents/barracks will be around the area the current bases in CSCDesert are, with the cliff around it separating the territory from No Man's Land. Further described in more detail above if you want to reread the post. These are things some others have brought up in my discussions in TS before I posted this, but if this explanation still doesn't make sense, message me in TS (I will be AFK in Lobby, checking on it every now and then to see), and I can probably explain it better over voice with you.

• 300 IQ 1
12 minutes ago, Ethan said:

So I already covered the sims/tryouts issue in the post, but I can quickly describe it here again. Due to the center of the map being No Man's Land, limiting what you can do there, the bases are larger and included Simulation Rooms to be used in sims/tryouts, and extra Arenas for people to just practice in with a new Fight system to separate it from sims. I explain it in better detail in the post if you go to the paragraphs that start with "The Arenas", and "Sims/Tryouts in the map".

You know I like to be a devils advocate. 😉  But on a more serious note I should have made this more clear in my original post is I'm just worried about the complexity, the amount of focus the zone takes, and what will it limit. I'll message you on TS to try and pick your mind apart in more detail because I feel like the image I get is different from yours.

Edited by Normal Hooman
  • 300 IQ 1

After talking with Hooman, he understood the suggestion a lot more, and we ended up with an extra suggestion to add. This would be called calling a "Cease Fire" which would disable the KOS between nations in No Man's Land. The only issue this might cause is confusion about the KOS being active or not, but that could easily be solved by asking the higher ups about the status (similar to how wars in the past on the original CSCDesert could have nation's team up, so people asked the leaders who they were allies with). Any confusion in the KOS could lead to the Cease Fire being called off, like if a PVT gets PTL, and kills a Russian during the Cease Fire, and another Russian saw it, they could cancel the Cease Fire with authorization from the highest ranking that's active. This would allow for some non-war times to be normal peace time like it is currently when leaders discuss this, but the default would be KOS in No Man's Land due to the nation's being enemies by default. The Cease Fires are only temporary for that peace time, and do not continue into the next one after the timed war, so leaders would have to discuss a Cease Fire again if they wished to continue it.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1

Heh I kinda want to see where garnet goes on the RP route, a map like this would work if it was serious RP and the war timer disappeared but I don’t think that’s going to happen -1 with how Garnet wants to run the server it’s going to be more like a Battlefield-eske kinda server where one large mass fights the other large mass so a map like CS Desert fits the server play style better with more smaller concentrated points of interest 

If garnet does ever change his mind though I’ll be more then happy to +1

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Cameron said:

Heh I kinda want to see where garnet goes on the RP route, a map like this would work if it was serious RP and the war timer disappeared but I don’t think that’s going to happen -1 with how Garnet wants to run the server it’s going to be more like a Battlefield-eske kinda server where one large mass fights the other large mass so a map like CS Desert fits the server play style better with more smaller concentrated points of interest 

If garnet does ever change his mind though I’ll be more then happy to +1

I am confused why this wouldn't work with the war timer. It would work just fine in my head, from what I understand, but if you're willing, we could talk about this more in TS. The serious RP part I kind of understand, but the simple RP we have already is enough to do the small RP tasks that this map's system would offer. This map could be CSC Desert, just with a reshaping of the bases. The idea was brought up to me further because of people's enjoyment of the objectives being closer to their spawn, which this map also brings on. For example, the current bases would be the spawn locations, and the empty space behind both of the current bases would be used for the bases in my suggestion. I can show you this further in-game as part of the small talk in TS, again if you want. Just message me when you're available if you want on TS.

I have read through all of that (god help me) and im just stuck on a couple of facts that could be problematic  one of the points i would like to add would be about the cease fire i think it would actually be good if you flipped it around where if because im honestly not sure with my short attention spam if there is still a war timer after a war it would be peace time to still be able to explore the map and do such as you would like but at certain times higher officers could call of the cease fire and have there soldiers return to base within a certain time this would be helpful for a couple of reason where in that certain time frame you could get the message out and everyone could understand that the cease fire is off and it is KOS outside of the bases but also along with these i feel like this is a good idea just for things like sims where you have something that can TP you back to the area after you have died it would make sims and try outs go a lot quicker and smoother this subject is honestly just going back and forth for me because i do not believe i fully understand it.

So for right now i just need clarification on the subject if you got the time wouldn't mind hearing about it on TS.

• Friendly 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Dempsey said:

I have read through all of that (god help me) and im just stuck on a couple of facts that could be problematic  one of the points i would like to add would be about the cease fire i think it would actually be good if you flipped it around where if because im honestly not sure with my short attention spam if there is still a war timer after a war it would be peace time to still be able to explore the map and do such as you would like but at certain times higher officers could call of the cease fire and have there soldiers return to base within a certain time this would be helpful for a couple of reason where in that certain time frame you could get the message out and everyone could understand that the cease fire is off and it is KOS outside of the bases but also along with these i feel like this is a good idea just for things like sims where you have something that can TP you back to the area after you have died it would make sims and try outs go a lot quicker and smoother this subject is honestly just going back and forth for me because i do not believe i fully understand it.

So for right now i just need clarification on the subject if you got the time wouldn't mind hearing about it on TS.

We discussed this in TS, just want to put what we talked about here:

If we had the Cease Fire and KOS reversed, then the KOS would rarely occur meaning when it did, it would pretty much be a TDM war. The concept of the KOS in No Man's Land is more relying on the fact that it won't be used by mass forces or the entire server all day, only the Special Forces units that go out there, organized groups of base factions, or individual soldiers with PTL, which makes that experience more interesting when less people are involved in the KOS imo (of course for the first few non-war times, there will probably be plenty of people in the map killing each other while exploring).

We also discussed the RP kidnaps, they would just involve slight more coordination, but it would honestly open up more opportunities to kill targets, then chase the remaining soldier down, or sneak up on a group, and kidnap the last alive quickly, etc.

Hope this changed your mind, Dempsey! Glad you brought these things up!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Ethan said:

If we had the Cease Fire and KOS reversed, then the KOS would rarely occur meaning when it did, it would pretty much be a TDM war. The concept of the KOS in No Man's Land is more relying on the fact that it won't be used by mass forces or the entire server all day, only the Special Forces units that go out there, organized groups of base factions, or individual soldiers with PTL, which makes that experience more interesting when less people are involved in the KOS imo (of course for the first few non-war times, there will probably be plenty of people in the map killing each other while exploring).

We also discussed the RP kidnaps, they would just involve slight more coordination, but it would honestly open up more opportunities to kill targets, then chase the remaining soldier down, or sneak up on a group, and kidnap the last alive quickly, etc.

Yup after i had talked with you in TS i feel like this is a good idea the changes would be able to benefit a lot to the current way everything is going on MRP so im definitely +1 this idea.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ethan said:

With that in mind +1. I saw a pretty big issue at first with people being able to camp these borders, but if we are at a constant cease fire and call kos, that would solve @Fier's issue with his extend db kos. It allows people to call kos at 10 minutes and have SOC patrol and handle potential raids.