Extension to pre-war DB KOS

Lex_

Description: I very (and I mean very) recently ran into an issue where I killed someone who was in a sense loopholing the KOS to unauthorized rule that many people use during their pre-war briefings, was brought to a sit, and was very close to getting an RDM warn. This suggestion is meant to extend the "KOS to unauthorized" rule to unauthorized listeners on top of RU in base and RU in the briefing hall.

Reasoning: There is a sort of loophole at the moment where RU outside of US base can hear warplan and we have no right to kill them (same actually going for RU base assuming you can hear from outside the wall since its in the corner of Taliban Town). Roleplay-wise (and gameplay-wise) it would make sense that you can stop the spread of your warplan as RU are technically not authorized to listen to it. On the previous maps with the bases in the corners this wasn't much of a problem, but since you can use conversations you hear through walls in character and the wall is so close to the debrief a loophole has been created. Yes, there are other means to handle this in character but what if there were two RU? We can't kidnap and there is no cease and disperse yet that they can literally just continue to stand there and collect information while we have no means to stopping them.

If screenshots are necessary I'll edit this post to attach them. The suggestion is already honestly pretty clear and straight-forward but if I need to add some more detail then I'll edit tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 2

I understand you concern, but I like the rp with it. With the removal (kinda) of stealing radio It's a way of keeping that,  but I see why you would want to kill them. I'm not going to really give a + or - 1 because there is no current work around on stopping it , but this is what I think about it. 

1 hour ago, Shmolph said:

I understand you concern, but I like the rp with it. With the removal (kinda) of stealing radio It's a way of keeping that,  but I see why you would want to kill them.

It's making them able to be killed or dealt with, adding an actual challenge to steal war plans. Much more RP oriented than:

US member : Hey, fuck off, we're making our warplan

RU member : Omegalul, stop me then fgt

RU member : Yeah, stop us then fgt

US member : Well, fuck me then.

+1

Edited by {GG}otham
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

It's making them able to be killed or dealt with, adding an actual challenge to steal war plans. Much more RP oriented than:

US member : Hey, fuck off, we're making our warplan

RU member : Omegalul, stop me then fgt

RU member : Yeah, stop us then fgt

US member : Well, fuck me then.

+1

I mean I like the rp as I said, but yeah there should be a way to deal with it. I just miss stealing radio channels man.

1 hour ago, Apache said:

1+ 

I agree with this extension of KOS. I mean, it’s literaly cheating/exploiting for someone to do that. 

And it’s not something like headglitching where only the victim can see the issue, everyone can.

firm on my 1+

How is that exploiting? Literally, just go the other side of DB or hold it in the open or wait and think about the warplane and just say it at two minutes. It shouldn't take you more than two minutes to say the warplane. -1

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
15 minutes ago, Vibe said:

How is that exploiting? Literally, just go the other side of DB or hold it in the open or wait and think about the warplane and just say it at two minutes. It shouldn't take you more than two minutes to say the warplane. -1

? Not sure what you’re trying to say? 

Everyone in a dB should move because of one person?

ans what’s the issue of making it a rule if it never happens because of 2 min mark

19 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Make people guard, patroll 

What good would that do, other than notify US that there are RU outside. The patrol still can't do anything about the RU there, just notify US that they are there. +1, I feel like this should be a thing. 

3 minutes ago, Bread God said:

What good would that do, other than notify US that there are RU outside. The patrol still can't do anything about the RU there, just notify US that they are there. +1, I feel like this should be a thing. 

Extend it and make people watch it  but I think people should  watch it overall 

Edited by OpTic Gunner

I can see why you would wanna shoot them, but as others have said, wait til 2 minute mark and they will be precapping. You don't need 10 minutes to say "1MD/11B go TC, SOC go Comms, etc." 

Also

4 hours ago, Apache said:

it’s literaly cheating/exploiting for someone to do that

No it's not lol.

• Like 1