Removal of PTL

Cameron

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] 

I am suggesting this to mainly the GA and FADM on both sides. As of late ive been noticing PVT's bored out of there mind and when they ask to leave there is grown ass men powertripping over a WO rank and denying it just because "explore" isnt a good enough reason to want leave. So you guys have two options,

1. Tell your WO's and Officers that PTL is basically just so they know a PVT is out and to grant or..

2. Have the complete removal of the PTL system and actually have your trainers train more than 5 minutes and let PVT's know about server rules

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

More PVT's would stay because they dont have powertripping weirdos making new players want to leave 

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

none

I would say a good solution is to use PTL for what it is supposed to be as I have done my best to in SSO, to inform the new PVTs that don't know all of the rules about the ROE and its application outside of base (because almost everyone low ranking enlisted that gets PTL from a bind-happy Officer not actually policing the PTL who gets shot on a claim attempts to shoot back thinking the ROE applies at all times). Removing it would just cause more issues with Enlisted not knowing what they're doing leaving the base and getting into trouble. Now this wouldn't be an issue if the bases were more interesting giving less reason to need to leave, like I have in my map suggestion.

As long as the PVTs know what to do when shot at outside of base (which if you want to be quick, tell them to /report it, or you can try to explain claims and such to them), then the reason they want to leave to explore or patrol around should be fine. But why have PTL at all if you just grant it as soon as it pops up in chat saying "PTL to explore"?

TL;DR: So I agree with the two choices being remove PTL or educate the Officers more on PTL, but that second option should have why PTL exists to it also (which is to inform PVTs about claimed locations to avoid RDM mainly as that is easily confused). I think keeping PTL and using it properly is the better choice. Of course those PVTs that are aware of the rules because they have held ranks higher than E-5 before can just say that, and be granted.

• Like 1

I don't think it's the WOs fault. They most likely don't care about PTLs / pay attention to them. Most of the time PVTs get in the way for SOC. They will follow people around out of base or sit at the other FOBs front gate. This can create a problem for raids for two reasons. One because they will walk up to SOC and give about positions / the fact that there will be a raid. And Two they stand at front gate and can make it hard to get feeds w/o rdming. I don't see a positive out of this in any way. I mean yeah PVTs won't be bored at first, but when they realize that nothing happens out there they will even be bored then. If this happens I think it could also lead to an increase of RDMs knowing that PVTs are trigger happy, and when they see US or RU outside they try to kill them.

• 300 IQ 1
  • 1 month later...