Gamma's Ban Appeal

Gamma

1 minute ago, br0ken- said:

After bendak killed him I assume he reported him and vac claimed the sit and verbally warned him about it, I have no proof to back this is up and it's pretty much just a guess on what happened

I was never brought into a sit. After Bendak killed me I returned to spetz and killed him without being brought to a sit or anything. I was neither brought to a sit or informed about the sit. This was kept from me until this post. 

28 minutes ago, Gamma said:

I was never brought into a sit. After Bendak killed me I returned to spetz and killed him without being brought to a sit or anything. I was neither brought to a sit or informed about the sit. This was kept from me until this post. 

Although a proper sit was never presented, "technically" you did get verbally warned. Since the correct staff procedure wasn't used theres a little problem here, it is unfair for you to be banned out of no where with no staff telling you first what you did. You should be banned for using this exploit in my opinion since I fucking hate exploiters and cheaters but staff handled it improperly.

Gonna stand -1 for this one

Edited by Coyotee
  • 300 IQ 1
26 minutes ago, br0ken- said:

Since I don't think vac has proof of a sit actually occurring, I would say an unban and a warn would be enough, However I think from now on any sort of breaking the fire rate should be an instant perma, No warns or anything, The rule has been around for a while and at this point everyone is aware of it

The only issue with making it an instant permanent ban would be that it's so easy to accidentally do because of the period of time you have to skip the delay. I snipe in first person and most of the time I'm facing another sniper so therefore I go to strafe-run after I take my shot. Often that ends up skipping the delay and I base the time to fire again on when the weapon can scope in again (as the delay blocks that too). When strafing to avoid getting shot there are points of time when I accidentally skip that delay but have no intention on breaking the firerate [which also means not firing until I believe it is actually safe].

I understand this is a very big issue and people could use the "oh, I did it on accident" excuse but the only way that this would be solved safely (meaning not banning innocent players) would be to just fix the exploit, however that would take some large amount of work because I think it has something to do with the base weapon pack (CW2) and not the specific weapons.

And you also have to think about newer players. We have no explanation of what "breaking firerate" is. In fact we have no mention outside of the forum posts regarding it becoming against the rules, which does make some sense considering it is an exploit. If a new player accidentally finds out that they can skip that delay assuming they snipe and strafe-run to avoid and they're not sure if its against the rules because it isn't explicitly defined as an exploit aside from the two to three posts it is somewhat defined in, an innocent player could potentially get banned without any warning or talk regarding the exploit. I believe the only people that are in risk of purposefully abusing the delay skip (breaking firerate) would be those who knew it existed beforehand. Accidents happen and seeing as this is less harmful than most of the other exploits and can happen in general gameplay means to me that it should come with some sort of warning rather than permanent ban.

To the topic of the thread:

-1. The evidence presented by the reporter shows you breaking the firerate. You know the rule exists and you know it falls under the category of exploiting, which is a permanent ban. I do agree that a warning should be in place but only situational.

Edited by Fier
Adding my response to ban appeal
  • Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
57 minutes ago, Coyotee said:

Although a proper sit was never presented, "technically" you did get verbally warned. Since the correct staff procedure wasn't used theres a little problem here, it is unfair for you to be banned out of no where with no staff telling you first what you did. You should be banned for using this exploit in my opinion since I fucking hate exploiters and cheaters but staff handled it improperly.

Gonna stand -1 for this one

So you point out that the correct staff procedure wasn't used, making the ban false, but you still want to keep him banned. This shit just doesn't add up, you guys are still ban hungry.

+1 if it's true that a sit never occurred.

Edited by Fupert1
  • Like 4
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

I'm confused, in my opinion that video shows he's not breaking the fire rate at all? Can anyone with an ounze of edit skills sync up the original gun fire and the person who did it as example. When I originally made the post to ban breaking the fire rate, it was for the bug where people would do the sprint reload interrupt thing where people could fire 3 shots in under 2ish seconds. 

Edited by {GG}otham
19 minutes ago, Fupert1 said:

So you point out that the correct staff procedure wasn't used, making the ban false, but you still want to keep him banned. This shit just doesn't add up, you guys are still ban hungry.

+1 if it's true that a sit never occurred.

So your fine now with people running around exploiting on purpose, I'm not the one enforcing these bans, idk what you mean by you guys are ban hungry, this response seems to rational to a situation to something that has nothing to do with this post. Just because the correct staff procedure wasn't used doesn't mean he didn't do it. If you wish to make dumb responses like this go ahead, you could instead pm me if your still mad about our past conflicts

3 minutes ago, Coyotee said:

So your fine now with people running around exploiting on purpose,

No, but I'm also not fine with people running around falsely banning.

4 minutes ago, Coyotee said:

I'm not the one enforcing these bans, idk what you mean by you guys are ban hungry

Your opinion to keep him banned when he was falsely banned shows that you are ban hungry. You want to keep him banned despite the procedure being false.

5 minutes ago, Coyotee said:

Just because the correct staff procedure wasn't used doesn't mean he didn't do it

Of fucking course not, in the video it shows his 2nd shot shooting faster than normal, meaning he exploited, but when that suggestion was accepted it was made clear that every person would get a verbal before they get a permanent ban. And Gamma apparently did not get one, making the ban f a l  s e.

8 minutes ago, Coyotee said:

f you wish to make dumb responses like this go ahead

That wasn't a dumb post, you wanting to keep him banned while it's fucking false is being ban hungry.

• Toxic 1
  • 300 IQ 3
  • Winner 1
5 minutes ago, Fupert1 said:

No, but I'm also not fine with people running around falsely banning.

Your opinion to keep him banned when he was falsely banned shows that you are ban hungry. You want to keep him banned despite the procedure being false.

Of fucking course not, in the video it shows his 2nd shot shooting faster than normal, meaning he exploited, but when that suggestion was accepted it was made clear that every person would get a verbal before they get a permanent ban. And Gamma apparently did not get one, making the ban f a l  s e.

That wasn't a dumb post, you wanting to keep him banned while it's fucking false is being ban hungry.

Your one salty cracker, your previous response contained 3 points, one of them being about the post and the other 2 were just to bash me, like I said pm me if your still mad about our precious conflicts

I'm gonna refrain from commenting since fuperts intentions are clearly not related to the post

Edited by Coyotee
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

Note: He was banned for the logs, not the video.  The video was from I believe 2 days ago, which is when Jackal agreed to not ban, but give him a verbal.  Br0ken pointed out, in 3 seconds, you shot and hit 3 times for 115 damage, that's not ricochet.  Also, why would I wait 2 days to ban him off that video yet get log proof of a different war assuming I already verbally warned him? Jackal can vouch for me, Gamma was verballed already. 

• 300 IQ 2
16 minutes ago, Vac_ said:

Note: He was banned for the logs, not the video.

Mb, read over the logs. Those logs are pretty disgusting. I recently was brought to a sit for "breaking the firerate" even though it was just ricochet, but even then it only comes up at 2 shots. Pretty sure that means 3 damage logs has to be a minimum of 2 shots. -1 for appeal

Edited by {GG}otham
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Jackal said:

Yeah I was in the ts channel when I told vac to give him a verbal for the vid. So it happened.

Just because you told him to verbal me never means he did. As I stated before I was never pulled into a sit, pm'd, or just simply confronted. I only knew about that video and the sits after I got banned. 

6 minutes ago, Gamma said:

Just because you told him to verbal me never means he did. As I stated before I was never pulled into a sit, pm'd, or just simply confronted. I only knew about that video and the sits after I got banned. 

The fact that not only were you in the sit with Bendak, I was in the TS with Jackal, I don’t understand how you don’t remember get verbally warned, it was no longer then 2 days ago. 

1 minute ago, Vac_ said:

The fact that not only were you in the sit with Bendak, I was in the TS with Jackal, I don’t understand how you don’t remember get verbally warned, it was no longer then 2 days ago. 

I was never pulled into a sit with Bendak. The last sit I remember about orsis glitching was with trip where my pkm was mistaken for an orsis. As well no one has hard proof I was in that sit. If the rule was a hard warn instead of a verbal this would be much easier as there would be hard proof for a warning. But since it's a verbal a SS or a recording is needed. But no I do not remember being brought to a sit what so ever about me exploiting.