GG MRP Third-Person Fix Exploit

kat.

Description: A simple fix for the exploitation to the fix of Third-Person Scoping.

Reasoning: I doubt that this is intentional and it bypasses the fix, so here I am suggesting it.

Additional Information: 

Here, I show that while scoping you can use third-person, completely bypassing the fix.

Note: I do NOT Condone using this exploit, this is a simple showcase of it.

Another thing to add is that after it sets you back to third-person it takes 2 clicks to switch back to third-person.

• 300 IQ 1
39 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Yeah people have already been abusing this. Pretty upsetting but the most we can hope is for Garnet to fix it is all.

True, though it is an easy fix so I dont think a punishment really fits here.

It's still a third person nerf, because of the added effort that has to go into it. Its finicky, and required just enough effort to be worse in a fast pace gunfight. Along with making third person view more restricted, it might be enough of a hamper for players that used the movement religiously. 

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
44 minutes ago, Dillan said:

It's still a third person nerf, because of the added effort that has to go into it. Its finicky, and required just enough effort to be worse in a fast pace gunfight. Along with making third person view more restricted, it might be enough of a hamper for players that used the movement religiously. 

Yeah, I still view this as an overal improvement, unfortunately there’s no workaround for this.

• Winner 1

Update: I found out why this exists; It is due to the server switching you to third-person upon a right-click, and not simply when scoping/scoped. 

I wouldn't have any idea if that is possible to fix.

• 1 month later...

I will be adding a slight fix to a thread for Garnet. I will try to make it to where the view is locked directly behind you so that you can still see your model out of combat, but the view will not provide any advantage.