DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

- Dbabs - Moderator application

dbabs

In-game name: Dbabs  is a pretty cool guy
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:91254491
Warns: 1 or 2 genuine mistakes though
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: | dbabs is a pretty cool guy has played for 109:15:46.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES]
    Referral(s): [Reverend]
    Past experiences as staff: [none]
    Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I should be picked over other applicants because I will work hard to improve the server as a whole. Although, I am relatively new, I am a fast learner. I was able to attain four million in the short amount of time I’ve played, without VIP or proficient guidance. I am able to dissolve situations efficiently and fairly with both sides in mind, so I’ll be an excellent mediator while keeping the server satisfied. Already I am looking to improve the server, and I will continually do my best to make improvements. I’ve noticed from seeing other admins that they take too much time during a sit in when they already have the information they need. In addition, admins will talk to a toxic player for a long time and try to troll him or argue with him and it just doesn't make sense.  Along with these reasons I believe I am an effective communicator and am perfectly okay with dealing with criticisms. I would like to help make sure this server keeps running, and not get shut down or overrun with toxic players. I want to be a go to guy maybe help train new members. I’m going to start being very active on the forums and try to give to the community more than just playing RP when I feel like it. I have made mistakes in this game admit idly but Its because I rushed in without reading the rules all the way through when I started, which isn't the right thing I know but I didn't see me playing on this server or dark RP in general for very long until recently. Since then I have studied the rules plenty, and I inform new or ignorant players that I see when I am able.
              I would also like to add that I have become friends with many people on the server already excluding maybe a couple, - it is dark rp am I right? 😉 - But I try really hard to not break the rules I am quite the try hard. I have already reported dozens of players on this server during my short amount of time here. I have OBS and record my game play every time I am on so I will always have video evidence of my game play and admin sits if necessary. I feel like I am a very unbiased individual which is the perfect trait for a mod. Everyone is different and reacts to situations differently and its up to a moderator to use critical thinking with understanding to properly resolve a report. A biased individual would have problems seeing someones point at times and maybe wrongly convicting a player.  While I do participate in schemes trying make money lucratively (while not committing fail RP) I also help out new players and give them advice or money for things if they waisted there 5k starting cash or something of that nature. I enjoy being on Dark RP in general so helping people is not a chore in the slightest and I enjoy it. I was raiding some dude and his base was so embarrassingly bad I came in there and built a base for him and stayed afk so he could use it he was pretty cool IGN: faze trump. 

Let me know if I should add or change anything else 🙂 

But seriously talk to me or interview me in teamspeak or in discord. I think a lot about how i should better my self every day and how I may further my understanding when it comes to decision making and dealing with others. 

Thank you, my real name

Dylan Babcock

]
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details 

no

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:

no

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

few hours a day average give or take

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

skateboarding, guitar, other games

Did you read the staff rules?: Dbabs

Edited by dbabs
Wanted to make application longer

+1 You took my suggestions into account, I hear a few bad things about you hear and there. But prove them wrong, prove to everyone you can and are better than what they say you are. Don't let me down!

Edited by eXg IPL4YG4MES
Fixed his Stuff
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

My only experience with you was when your gun shop was being raided, you returned within moments to try to kill the raider, who killed you.

True, I remember that time, i was confused for a moment and instantly said i was sorry, I dont think i realized I was being raided. 

I understand the vote tho man

Edited by dbabs
dont wanna be rude
3 hours ago, eXg IPL4YG4MES said:

-1 for now, I might change it if you take my recommendations into account. Add more, you barely have a paragraph if you were to squeeze the lines together. Don't talk so much about how you want to be staff because they're aren't other staff online, that's not really pertaining to why we should choose you OVER other applicants. Saying you have good intentions and you're to keep the toxic players at bay doesn't tell us how your uniqueness either. Also your story about your friend and his server is irrelevant. Thanks, but I don't really need your name(this small line, doesn't affect my decision). 

No disrespect to you or the server but I put my name so you can know it, I know you dont need it. You mentioning that seems off-putting.

- but i will beef up my paragraphs and squeeze the lines together, I did that so it was easy to ready not to fool anyone.

I hope my comment doesn't upset you like i said I have good intentions.

Edited by dbabs
dont wanna be rude
57 minutes ago, dbabs said:

No disrespect to you or the server but I put my name so you can know it, I know you dont need it. You mentioning that seems off-putting and rude.

- but i will beef up my paragraphs and squeeze the lines together, I did that so it was easy to ready not to fool anyone.

I hope my comment doesn't upset you like i said I have good intentions.

No offense taken, none created to even take. Exactly why I said it doesn't affect my decision. But all the luck to you.

11 hours ago, El_Nino_Loco said:

My only experience with you was when your gun shop was being raided, you returned within moments to try to kill the raider, who killed you.

I saw that too. -1 for me for now. Mostly same reasons as others.

Understand the votes guys. Just want to add that Garnet gaming is the first dark rp server ive seshed on. So the mistakes you guys have seen are the mistakes of a genuine new player learning the game. Admit idly the scenario that you guys are mentioning was fairly recent but my base is at the most toxic point of town I see ppl raid me every 10 min without adverting raid. If I remember correctly I thought this was a similar scenario and I was so worried ab losing my printers that I came back without noticing they did in fact advert raid.