Multiple Minor Suggestions Thread

AlexConway

• Community Director

So I've briefly talked about these minor changes with various members of staff/community and feedback on them has been positive - these suggestions aren't game changing or anything major, however I've played the server since it came out (off and on of course). Before any meme replies come out like "Code it for me..." none of this in mind changing and has been done before so it shouldn't be too complicated to change, and I would happily code it for you. 

While removing 3rd person would be nice, I'm not going to make another suggestion about it - see this suggestion made by Gotham: 

1. Constant State of War
    1. I've spoken to Phantom about this and this suggestion has been made before, however I think it would be of benefit to the server. Constant war - objectives reset every 2-3 hours. 
    2. What does the change entail? 
      1. Changing the duration of war and peacetime has been done before - so with the "versatility of gLua" - it would be a matter of changing config values, additionally changing rules to reflect. 
      2. This would open the server up more - the missions system could be changed and upgraded, and RU and US can do "Full On Wars" as events or something similar., 
  2. Adding Vehicles
    1. Even adding a simple quad would eliminate a lot of frustration - allow strategy and cut back on some meta's - even if it was 3-4 vehicles per side or something
      1. What does the change entail? 
        1. Adding VCMod and adding workshop content - then adding it to server FastDL.
  3. Change the Orsis back to a DMR
    1. Some players may remember that the Orsis used to be a DMR - I think reverting this would severely cut down on Meta's - This isn't by any means "Remove snipers", if you love snipers, support the server and buy Ghillie.
      1. Changing a simple value in Prometheus Donation Portal and hitting submit - change will apply after a server restart. 
        1. https://prnt.sc/nihz20
    3. A good DMR is just as good as a sniper - and a headshot is still a headshot. It forces people to play the objectives rather than play around them. 

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 1
  • 300 IQ 1

1: Constant State Of War

Only problem I see is the adjustment, though it can be made, I also see that promotions (mostly in base factions) will be drastically changed due to this.

2: Adding Vehicles

Though it does heavily favor donors/more experienced players, I do believe that it is a good addition, as one may easily become an Indian train (lots of people can sit on it). I don't know, however, the overall reaction of everyone as there are lots of people that have mixed feeling for this.

3: Change the Orsis back to a DMR

This would fix some big problems; Breaking fire rate, hitreg, to name a few; the only problem I see with this is the sheer amount of people that use this weapon would be lots of work to switch weaponry for every single person, though it can be done 😉 

Very well made, very highly needed. Great input.

+1

• Like 1

Iffy on vehicles.

I know there was many reasons for the initial removal of them, but one good idea if they came back would be to just give 2 faction commanders on both sides the ability to spawn a vehicle (cap 1) that way transportation is there, but rare and used more for strategy purposes.

• Like 1
  • Community Director
14 minutes ago, kat. said:

This would fix some big problems; Breaking fire rate, hitreg, to name a few; the only problem I see with this is the sheer amount of people that use this weapon would be lots of work to switch weaponry for every single person, though it can be done 😉 

Very well made, very highly needed. Great input.

Actually all you need to do is edit the package on the portal and restart the server! See the prtscn

6 minutes ago, Tayler said:

Iffy on vehicles.

I know there was many reasons for the initial removal of them, but one good idea if they came back would be to just give 2 faction commanders on both sides the ability to spawn a vehicle (cap 1) that way transportation is there, but rare and used more for strategy purposes.

I definitely agree they need to be capped in some way - but they should be reintroduced in some capacity, I was just iffy on how. This is a really good way to do it

Edited by AlexConway
  • 300 IQ 1

1. I think that if my suggestion for the base layouts doesn't go through (which allows for easy implementation of a "No Man's Land", which means you can constantly fight, but not over objectives, just to add RP to the between wars for things like raids and kidnaps, which I further explain in the post), then this would be an alright substitute. I just don't like the idea of only doing an all out war every 2-3 hours, instead it should be every hour and thirty minutes. The objectives existing could be nice, and I feel a nice incentive to have those in place would be for money, maybe capping an objective gives all players who were on when it capped $500, and for every certain amount of time they spend on that point, they get another $50 or something. Just something I thought would be nice to add onto the objectives if this were to happen, but I hope my base layout suggestion is accepted on top of this as well, as the base layout I have suggested makes it much easier for staff and players to know what is and what isn't allowed. You can see my suggestion here, but sadly it's locked right now:

2. Yes, I like the idea of giving the commander/officer classes of each faction the ability to spawn a vehicle, maybe one per officer on the class?

3. At first I thought this was very strange to consider, but I feel if this were to happen, the mosin would have to have the same thing happen to it. The only one shot snipers should be on ghillie classes and the faction classes dedicated to sniping.

Overall, I think the ideas are pretty interesting.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Alex Conway said:

Constant State of War

1. I've spoken to Phantom about this and this suggestion has been made before, however I think it would be of benefit to the server. Constant war - objectives reset every 2-3 hours. 
    1. Changing the duration of war and peacetime has been done before - so with the "versatility of gLua" - it would be a matter of changing config values, additionally changing rules to reflect. 
    2. This would open the server up more - the missions system could be changed and upgraded, and RU and US can do "Full On Wars" as events or something similar., 

-1 The mass war that happens every hour is pretty fun and dont think GArnet will change it. It would probably be better if GG had one large scale war and the during wars you could raid smaller objs for a certain amount of time.

Adding Vehicles

1. Even adding a simple quad would eliminate a lot of frustration - allow strategy and cut back on some meta's - even if it was 3-4 vehicles per side or something

Im iffy maybe having like a driving class on the server with only like 2 slots. On a larger map I would say yes, but the hitreg is already is trash and im pretty sure cars would only worsen it.

1. Change the Orsis back to a DMR
    1. Some players may remember that the Orsis used to be a DMR - I think reverting this would severely cut down on Meta's - This isn't by any means "Remove snipers", if you love snipers, support the server and buy Ghillie.
      1. Changing a simple value in Prometheus Donation Portal and hitting submit - change will apply after a server restart. 
    3. A good DMR is just as good as a sniper - and a headshot is still a headshot. It forces people to play the objectives rather than play around them. 

Nah im ok

A orsis T-500 is not a DMR by any chance. I mean the only reason why the orsis is so strong on this map because its a head glitch haven. The only cover is hills. With previous maps the sniper meta wasnt so needed or as large, with the new map coming out soon I dont think we should be changing snipers until we see how that map feels.

Also with ghillie only being sniper then people would buy ghillie or the people who already bought it have to wait 5 months for garnet to look at there donation support.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Dude if these are minor suggestions, I can't wait to see your major ones.

Jokes aside,

11 hours ago, Alex Conway said:

Constant State of War

+1, if implumented correctly, this could possibly work out nicely. Though I think an area such as OC should stay as sort of "neutral ground" for obvios reasons.

Adding Vehicles

+1, if it is limited to officer useage only, since then they would not be so common, that it starts lagging the server.

1. Change the Orsis back to a DMR

This one I am a bit iffy about. While, I do believe Orsis being the best in slot for snipers (from at least the ones I have used/use) is big oof, this could end up making loads of people mad, just because of the fact that their sniper rifle is "taken away".

Also just saying that "oh you love snipers? Spend another 35 dollars to the server" is not the most solid reasoning out there, specially when said donation job can at worst take up to  a half a year of coming to you.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Cameron said:

-1 The mass war that happens every hour is pretty fun and dont think GArnet will change it. It would probably be better if GG had one large scale war and the during wars you could raid smaller objs for a certain amount of time.

Im iffy maybe having like a driving class on the server with only like 2 slots. On a larger map I would say yes, but the hitreg is already is trash and im pretty sure cars would only worsen it.

Nah im ok

A orsis T-500 is not a DMR by any chance. I mean the only reason why the orsis is so strong on this map because its a head glitch haven. The only cover is hills. With previous maps the sniper meta wasnt so needed or as large, with the new map coming out soon I dont think we should be changing snipers until we see how that map feels.

Also with ghillie only being sniper then people would buy ghillie or the people who already bought it have to wait 5 months for garnet to look at there donation support.

Cameron pretty much hit it right on the dot for me, I'm not a huge fan for any of these changes personally.

-1 for all

• Community Director
9 hours ago, Gólf said:

man these suck

Way to provide constructive criticism and really add something to the conversation. You woulda been better not posting anything.

13 hours ago, Ethan said:

1. I think that if my suggestion for the base layouts doesn't go through (which allows for easy implementation of a "No Man's Land", which means you can constantly fight, but not over objectives, just to add RP to the between wars for things like raids and kidnaps, which I further explain in the post), then this would be an alright substitute. I just don't like the idea of only doing an all out war every 2-3 hours, instead it should be every hour and thirty minutes. The objectives existing could be nice, and I feel a nice incentive to have those in place would be for money, maybe capping an objective gives all players who were on when it capped $500, and for every certain amount of time they spend on that point, they get another $50 or something. Just something I thought would be nice to add onto the objectives if this were to happen, but I hope my base layout suggestion is accepted on top of this as well, as the base layout I have suggested makes it much easier for staff and players to know what is and what isn't allowed. You can see my suggestion here, but sadly it's locked right now:

2. Yes, I like the idea of giving the commander/officer classes of each faction the ability to spawn a vehicle, maybe one per officer on the class?

3. At first I thought this was very strange to consider, but I feel if this were to happen, the mosin would have to have the same thing happen to it. The only one shot snipers should be on ghillie classes and the faction classes dedicated to sniping.

Overall, I think the ideas are pretty interesting.

No man's land would be better - the changes I suggested were designed to be easy - simple. Done in a matter of minutes, but still changing the game enough to make an impact.
I do agree one the vehicles - @Tayler made a great suggestion on how we could do them. 

And thanks ❤️

12 hours ago, Cameron said:

The orsis meta only slightly decreased on maps like Taiga and Charikar  and even Nuristan - they were still prominent but less like a complete meta as in cs_desert - An orsis isn't a DMR, but a good DMR can still headshot and can be a one shot.

12 hours ago, Cameron said:

Yea I would agree with this, It would certainly help with RP and Strategy - Hitreg is trash in gmod - it has nothing to do with VCMod or a car based addon. 

21 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

The orsis meta only slightly decreased on maps like Taiga and Charikar  and even Nuristan - they were still prominent but less like a complete meta as in cs_desert - An orsis isn't a DMR, but a good DMR can still headshot and can be a one shot.

I mean another server that is highly populated and I will not mention plays on the Highland map which is a beautiful map btw, but just how the layout of the terrain is and the objectives a sniper is a poor weapon, to cap the OBJs you need to get real close in a crowded OBJ. Again it’s all about map layout. Also a dmr with the capacity of 5 bullets and it’s super slow firerate would be the most ass DMR in the world, are you just suggesting to lower the DMG? And if that’s the case you should of suggested all snipers get a nerf instead of just the “Orsis” which is also a $20 donation btw. 

26 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

Yea I would agree with this, It would certainly help with RP and Strategy - Hitreg is trash in gmod - it has nothing to do with VCMod or a car based addon. 

Imma be honest the vehicle base doesn’t improve the tick rate or hit reg by any chance but hopefully if it’s only maybe 2 quads per side via a Driver class it could be better since the server wouldn’t have 15 cars on both sides flying at each other

Finally a “No mans land” is kind of redundant due to the fact it’s hard to border this on a map without text screens, ropes etc it just looks bad on the map and is kind of the opposite of RP

When it comes to the war mode on GG it should be a map wide gamemode. I like the idea of taking OBJS outside of war but the way you explained it is a terrible way to go about it. If anything keep the war timer because country v country wars is what makes GG. Then outside of war make up rules on what needs to be necessary for a faction to be able to raid a OBJ and make the obj a RP zone for a slotted amount of time. You’re just saying “Hey we should do this” without explanation on how it works, rules or guidelines. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Finally a “No mans land” is kind of redundant due to the fact it’s hard to border this on a map without text screens, ropes etc it just looks bad on the map and is kind of the opposite of RP

When it comes to the war mode on GG it should be a map wide gamemode. I like the idea of taking OBJS outside of war but the way you explained it is a terrible way to go about it. If anything keep the war timer because country v country wars is what makes GG. Then outside of war make up rules on what needs to be necessary for a faction to be able to raid a OBJ and make the obj a RP zone for a slotted amount of time. You’re just saying “Hey we should do this” without explanation on how it works, rules or guidelines. 

I think if you look into the "No Man's Land" idea further on my suggestion, you might understand it better, but my suggestion involves making terrain form cliffs like the opposite of trenches to make it obvious whether or not you're in the base zone or not as the inside slopes up to the cliff, but on the other side it's a drop off and can't be climbed making it a either you're in or out thing. There would, of course, be two entrances to the other side of the cliff to allow raids and re-entering to happen, but only those two places. I totally agree that timed wars shouldn't go away, that way EVERYONE on the server joins in on those, but in peace time (with my base layout suggestion, there would be no need to leave base to do sims/tryouts, only a want to do that), which would allow "No Man's Land" to not interfere with that too much.

6 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I think if you look into the "No Man's Land" idea further on my suggestion, you might understand it better, but my suggestion involves making terrain form cliffs like the opposite of trenches to make it obvious whether or not you're in the base zone or not as the inside slopes up to the cliff, but on the other side it's a drop off and can't be climbed making it a either you're in or out thing. There would, of course, be two entrances to the other side of the cliff to allow raids and re-entering to happen, but only those two places. I totally agree that timed wars shouldn't go away, that way EVERYONE on the server joins in on those, but in peace time (with my base layout suggestion, there would be no need to leave base to do sims/tryouts, only a want to do that), which would allow "No Man's Land" to not interfere with that too much.

Again I dont know if forming the map around a "No mans land" Is a good idea I would rather a warmode utilize the whole map. Just my opinion though, makes it look unnatural and would feel like a waste of space, when that space could of been utilized for something better.

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

Again I dont know if forming the map around a "No mans land" Is a good idea I would rather a warmode utilize the whole map. Just my opinion though, makes it look unnatural and would feel like a waste of space, when that space could of been utilized for something better.

This idea I have is just for the bases, which right now, if you imagine it overlaid on CSCDesert, would take up the empty space in the back sides of the map behind the bases, utilizing that space, and then you can do whatever you want with the terrain/objectives in the No Man's Land.

Just now, Ethan said:

This idea I have is just for the bases, which right now, if you imagine it overlaid on CSCDesert, would take up the empty space in the back sides of the map behind the bases, utilizing that space, and then you can do whatever you want with the terrain/objectives in the No Man's Land.

Yeah I would rather the new map not be on CSDesert, If anything id rather Garnet make a RP_Highland edit just due the size and beauty of that map. Again id rather have Garnet make and release the new map before we start suggesting ideas. I have a suggestion bank filled up im just waiting for the new map so I can tweak the suggestions around the map.

• Like 1