Roleplay timer extension

Dillan

For once this Isn't a silly joke, but actually a suggestion to extend some aspects of role play on GG. The idea present would be built on the concept of raid timers, and how they operate. Raids can be hosted every 10 minutes, and can be called by anyone

that is 0-1 plus, and must a DB before its called. That's the how raids generally work. There can be alternations of how they can happen, for example, V+A RAIDS US. This means that two factions, not the entirety of the nation is currently raiding.

Separate factions can raid, giving a sense of role play in separate factions to some extent. Such as a sub faction sneaking in alone stealthy attempting to get a feed without being hindered by unskillful tier 3 players. People generally enjoy raids, they are

fun fast pace, and lets you kill outside of war or sim. Especially since you get to kill the other side. 

What if we extend the ideas involved with this with other forms of role-play that includes getting kills or other forms of aggression? Some of what we have are Raids and Kidnaps. These both have timers. Well what else can we

add that have timers? I'll list some of the ideas I've been having, -1 or +1 partial just put the number that the one your voting on next to it for me. 

1. A timer for assassinations: Assassinations take place in military organizations on the opposing side all through history. The concept is pretty simple, one person is selected on the opposing side, and is targeted. Hopefully he gets

killed. However there would need to be restrictions involved with the idea to prevent abuse being connected to it. Lets get the simple ones out of the way. An 0-1 is not high enough to be able to call something like this, someone a

little higher should have the authority however. Such as an 0-3+. However that's only to order the killing, and not actually commit it. The next restriction would be only a tier 2+ faction would be allowed to follow this action. An

example would be an Army CPT would give the go ahead, and GB would have orders to handle a known threat on the RU side, such as maybe a Vega member or an officer. Next there would be a 20 minute timer on assassinations,

something such as this should only be allowed a max of 3 times between wars. A DB would need to be called for this SOC group. I feel as though as this would be role-play friendly to an extent. 

2. Bringing back Silent Raids: A silent raid is something defined by entering a base without permission from an opposing faction. However the idea behind this would be to only allow a single faction on both US and RU side the rights

to this power. I personally feel as though DEVGRU should have this right on US. On RU, I would have to go with GRU. While a tier 1 faction might have more of a right, it would also promote the sub faction if that's something they

would like to experience. The timer would be the same as normal raids, which would be 10 minutes, but detached from that timer. Also something that they could do while they are activly SR, would be capture individuals, under current kidnap rules (0-1 calls, 3 on 1). 

These are all I have for idea's currently, I feel as though the easiest to to implement would be the 2nd one, however that's just my opinion. This would add more for individuals to do, besides the current roster of options. 

• Like 2
Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

This doesn't look like the proper format mister.ResidentSleeper

All that aside though, I do support the assassination idea, in fact I had been wanting for a while to make a Bounty Board in Factions and Regiments and manage a sort of under ground operation on the forums of bounties to which people would be rewarded if they killed or got information on a requested bounty/current bounty. So +1 to that, thats pretty fucking cool.

Also @br0ken- it was I who mentioned it, and I suggested it on highland because it was fucking massive. Basically the idea for it was: Said SOC group adverts something along the lines; "Spetsgruppa V is mobilizing as an active assault party of 3." entailing how many members are moving out and who it entails so that said side can use advert within RP to understand that there is a assault force of 3 people. There would have to be rules around it to regulate it and make it more fluid but that was the idea I mentioned in TS.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Personally the only thing i disagree with is the fact that only certain factions can do the "silent raids".  if we were to do that though GRU would not be the right option. If you know the very basics of GRU you understand that it is a sniper faction... not an assault one. I believe that a faction like SSO or Frogmen could do this thing because it fits their real life selves.

• Like 1

+1 to suggestion 1 - Remember doing something similar to this while as FM while doing raids where we would raid to kill a specific person then get out and trying to get out alive. Were some of the funnest raids I've been apart of because it had a real RP purpose rather than just slaughter every soldier in the base until you die or a timer is up. As well maybe have approval from a staff member (probably admin+) that would oversee the assassination. If I remember correctly this is how raids used to be?

indifferent to suggestion 2 - Don't really have a thought out opinion on the matter because I can't imagine how this would play out nor have actually experience of how this would play out.

• Like 1

+1 This would be awesome. It could change the game and give players a lot more things to do. HOWEVER : I'd be interested to see how much of a pain this would be for staff to manage. Only trying it would help us find out IG.

+1 to assassinations, a reverse kidnap, has some interesting interactions, only one kill, so wouldn't effect too much, but this could be used as a unique way to kidnap. An example: You have intel that a specific person or group often hangs around our base, or is actively doing so right now, in a pair of two. You could use this to assassinate one with a sniper, which could be organized some way, and then a group of three will kidnap the remaining soldier. There are probably some other interesting ideas for this too, I think it's a nice idea.

-1 to silent raids.

With the current way the map is laid out, and the current atmosphere of the server, I don't think silent raids would be all that beneficial, and limiting it to only one faction would be real strange in my opinion. Instead, I was thinking that we should wait on this one till the new map comes out. I think my base layout suggestion would be perfect for allowing this to fit in easier as the cliff faces would be very defined and easy to see lines that you can't jump back and forth over essentially. As well as the field in my suggestion being able to be silent raided, but the inner base you cannot, and instead have to advert. Hope you don't mind me slapping my suggestion in here, but this is one of the ideas of RP I was thinking about when making my suggestion, so I thought it fit to put it here.

• Like 3