MilitaryRP Update [5/X/2019]

49 minutes ago, br0ken- said:

ZULUL

tru u right lmao

29 minutes ago, Ting said:

Dang. So if this was finished in about two weeks from the last update then we on track to have this map within this week. But idk how long it takes to optimize. 

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to optimize as you're building the map, well certain ways to optimize really. It depends if Dio is using hide/skip textures as well as areaportals and func_detail stuff. typically you do that stuff as you're building and what not because it saves time to do from what I know.

• The Garnut
5 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to optimize as you're building the map, well certain ways to optimize really. It depends if Dio is using hide/skip textures as well as areaportals and func_detail stuff. typically you do that stuff as you're building and what not because it saves time to do from what I know.

Diomonder does not optimize the map, the way that works for us is he makes everything look nice, and then he hands me the map over, where I may rebuild some buildings in such a way as to allow more FPS, as well as introducing hint/skip and areaportal brushes - hence why there is no ETA.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Diomonder does not optimize the map, the way that works for us is he makes everything look nice, and then he hands me the map over, where I may rebuild some buildings in such a way as to allow more FPS, as well as introducing hint/skip and areaportal brushes - hence why there is no ETA.

Ah. Thanks for the heads up. I’m excited to see the new map at its final product. Already looks good and with your imagination I bet it’ll look even better. FeelsGoodMan

• The Garnut
Just now, Ting said:

Already looks good and with your imagination I bet it’ll look even better. FeelsGoodMan

I'm not changing anything in it structurally, that's Diomonder's imagination lol

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Yeah makes sense, optimization is such a pain in the ass lol. Good luck when you need to do that, I'd hate to imagine doing it on a larger map like that.

3 hours ago, Kos1 said:

idk how vehicles affect server lag and fps though

The suggestion that has been thrown out a lot is to have possibly 2-3 vehicles per base faction and 1 per Spets/SOC
another suggestion was to only let officer classes spawn the vehicles and possibly have a time limit on how often you can spawn them.

Besides that, the map looks amazing @Diomonder great work! @Garnet Good luck with the optimization! HYPERS

Edited by Homeless

Hyped for the new map! I've been playing on the same map for the considerably short time that I've been playing on this server and I can barely wait for the final product. Amazing job from the looks of it Diomonder!

• Like 1
  • Community Director
2 hours ago, {GG}otham said:

Since we upgraded and are now running on better hardware, Garnet said it is indeed a possibility.

That he did - as Phantom agreed it’s another way to bypass some metas, especially if it’s regulated.