DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

GRU Tryout Certification to Attend

GRU Tryout Application - In order to be able to attend GRU tryouts from now on you need to fill this out beforehand.

Name IG:

Steam ID:

Rank (POS Required):

Playtime (100 is Required):

Why do you want to join GRU?:

What will you add to GRU?:

Get Recommended by a GRU (ANY GRU) to Apply. You are allowed to ask! 

Please List Who Recommended You:

If your application is accepted you will be allowed to try out in the game for GRU. This allowance to tryout can be revoked if need be. If denied you need to wait 2 weeks before reapplying to be able to try out for GRU.  If you do pass tryouts, you will have to undergo the GRU mentorship program, this consists of a GRU POS or higher taking you under their wing and helping you grow as a player and faction member. You will still be under 2GA MOS and Whitelist you will not have an official GRU rank and your mentor will get to decide if you fit into the faction. The padawans will still come with GRU in all other aspects.

Only People that should be replying to this thread are me, Panini, isis, and applicants.

Edited by Savitr
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, Crin {GG} said:

Why.

3 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

ooooh yeah, now we gotta be super elite and make sure all of our operators are super hardcore operators and RPers B)

Can yall just like not give a fuck about what other factions do? He's leading it so don't fucking worry about it and don't fill up their application thread with useless bullshit like this,

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Can yall just like not give a fuck about what other factions do? He's leading it so don't fucking worry about it and don't fill up their application thread with useless bullshit like this,

I'm apart of that faction lmao. I'm curious whats happening in my fac and reason to it, is that to much to ask? Can you not be so aggressive towards me lmao.

1 minute ago, Crin {GG} said:

I'm apart of that faction lmao. I'm curious whats happening in my fac and reason to it, is that to much to ask? Can you not be so aggressive towards me lmao.

Sorry, the aggression was more towards the other dude, but you still shouldn't do it in the application thread. 

1 hour ago, Savitr said:

Only People that should be replying to this thread are me, Panini, isis, and applicants.

I broke the rule too, but I've seen this with other people when they try to do this and it's pissing me off to the point of where I have to say something.

12 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Actually they should give a fuck about what other factions are doing. In fact, him and everyone else caring is probably the only thing keeping GRU alive right now. Lemme ask you something, do you think the random 2GA that want to join a SOC faction are interested in SSO or GRU at this point? SSO forces you to change your profile picture on steam, lurk in their TS channel 24/7, and have a codename. Now I know at least 60% of the 2GA probably don’t even have a forums account. They’re lazy and not gonna take the time to wait for their application to be accepted. They’re gonna walk into tryouts, get denied entry, and just leave. Nobody cares enough to bother with an application faction.

If you ask me, VEGA is the only SOC faction on RU left that isn’t killing itself. See, I pop in here every so often to observe what new and exciting things happen on the forums. We /just/ had an incident where Delta Force attempting something similar to this. How’d it turn out? It didn’t. It went down along with the COL and that’s where GRU is headed next. 

So instead of freaking the fuck out, maybe take this criticism even if it’s worded poorly. I guarantee you get only about 3-4 applications before this thread dies. Actually, I’m probably wrong because you’ll have the group of kids who got begged to make an application by GRU salesman. I strongly suggest you take down the applications, because it’s ruining what Bendak built. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, {GG} Bishopil said:

Actually they should give a fuck about what other factions are doing. In fact, him and everyone else caring is probably the only thing keeping GRU alive right now. Lemme ask you something, do you think the random 2GA that want to join a SOC faction are interested in SSO or GRU at this point? SSO forces you to change your profile picture on steam, lurk in their TS channel 24/7, and have a codename. Now I know at least 60% of the 2GA probably don’t even have a forums account. They’re lazy and not gonna take the time to wait for their application to be accepted. They’re gonna walk into tryouts, get denied entry, and just leave. Nobody cares enough to bother with an application faction.

If you ask me, VEGA is the only SOC faction on RU left that isn’t killing itself. See, I pop in here every so often to observe what new and exciting things happen on the forums. We /just/ had an incident where Delta Force attempting something similar to this. How’d it turn out? It didn’t. It went down along with the COL and that’s where GRU is headed next. 

So instead of freaking the fuck out, maybe take this criticism even if it’s worded poorly. I guarantee you get only about 3-4 applications before this thread dies. Actually, I’m probably wrong because you’ll have the group of kids who got begged to make an application by GRU salesman. I strongly suggest you take down the applications, because it’s ruining what Bendak built. 

Dodgy?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, {GG} Bishopil said:

Actually they should give a fuck about what other factions are doing. In fact, him and everyone else caring is probably the only thing keeping GRU alive right now. Lemme ask you something, do you think the random 2GA that want to join a SOC faction are interested in SSO or GRU at this point? SSO forces you to change your profile picture on steam, lurk in their TS channel 24/7, and have a codename. Now I know at least 60% of the 2GA probably don’t even have a forums account. They’re lazy and not gonna take the time to wait for their application to be accepted. 

Last time I checked SSO and GRU numbers were doing just fine, but then again I haven't been active on the server much so maybe not. Honestly I think this idea is better than just doing tryouts, because you weed out the people who aren't going to be dedicated to said SOC faction. A SOC faction is supposed to be an elite force compared to its based faction counter parts correct? So it makes more sense that you would try to do this to get more "dedicated" members than just some dude that tryouts and passes just to never get back on the server or the faction again.

I see where you are coming from bishop, and you're right that people should be concerned about the faction, I agree with that now. but this really isn't the thread to do it in, why don't you contact Savitr in DM's if you have concerns instead of people doing it in public like this where it's spamming up the thread? I feel like people need to give this way of bringing people into the faction again. Also, the only reason why VEGA isn't "dead" (Although not many are on at the same time from what I know) is because they were for the most part hand picked dedicated players by Garnet and Phantom themselves, kind of like what GRU is trying to accomplish here. Vega at a time did applications for bringing people into the faction so why can't GRU?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Last time I checked SSO and GRU numbers were doing just fine, but then again I haven't been active on the server much so maybe not. Honestly I think this idea is better than just doing tryouts, because you weed out the people who aren't going to be dedicated to said SOC faction. A SOC faction is supposed to be an elite force compared to its based faction counter parts correct? So it makes more sense that you would try to do this to get more "dedicated" members than just some dude that tryouts and passes just to never get back on the server or the faction again.

I see where you are coming from bishop, and you're right that people should be concerned about the faction, I agree with that now. but this really isn't the thread to do it in, why don't you contact Savitr in DM's if you have concerns instead of people doing it in public like this where it's spamming up the thread? I feel like people need to give this way of bringing people into the faction again. Also, the only reason why VEGA isn't "dead" (Although not many are on at the same time from what I know) is because they were for the most part hand picked dedicated players by Garnet and Phantom themselves, kind of like what GRU is trying to accomplish here. Vega at a time did applications for bringing people into the faction so why can't GRU?

I read this and was kinda happy you were seeing my side, then what you said at the end just flushed that down the toilet. 

Why can’t GRU do the same as VEGA? Because they’re not VEGA. VEGA and DF have a server agreed upon superiority in how difficult and more intense they’re tryouts are made and how much more serious they should be. 

If you want dedicated members, applications are not the way to do them. Dedicated members will attend the tryouts and be the most likely to pass. If they pass and aren’t dedicated enough to stay, let them leave. Don’t bank all your hopes in one person’s will to main your faction till the end. If they leave, they leave, but eventually you’ll hook onto the dedicated ones who rank up to officer. My opinion still stands, applications for anything but tier one factions are a meme. Even tier one factions shouldn’t do them unless they’re building from the ground up. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
1 minute ago, {GG} Bishopil said:

I read this and was kinda happy you were seeing my side, then what you said at the end just flushed that down the toilet. 

Why can’t GRU do the same as VEGA? Because they’re not VEGA. VEGA and DF have a server agreed upon superiority in how difficult and more intense they’re tryouts are made and how much more serious they should be. 

If you want dedicated members, applications are not the way to do them. Dedicated members will attend the tryouts and be the most likely to pass. If they pass and aren’t dedicated enough to leave, let them go. Don’t put all your hopes in one person’s will to main your faction till the end. If they leave, they leave, but eventually you’ll hook onto the dedicated ones who rank up to officer. My opinion still stands, applications for anything but tier one factions are a meme. Even tier one factions shouldn’t do them unless they’re building from the ground up. 

I see where you're coming from and I agree with some things on what you are saying now. I don't want to spam up this thread too much so thank you for actually having a debate/conversation with me instead of just throwing insults, I appreciate that.

• Like 1

When did we ever want to do the same as Vega, this is basically to stop people who wouldn't fit in the faction and or belong it from getting in. It is a way for us to get quality over quantity which was an issue for GRU, also I am pretty sure I said only me, Panini, and ISIS, as well as applicants should be the only people responding here. If you have a problem with it message me on the forums or in game but stop bickering on the forum post meant for people who would want to tryout. @Phantom can you please lock this since this thread got side tracked from its original purpose.

Edited by Savitr