DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP Update [7/9/2019]

• The Garnut

logo.png

Weapon Balancing Update 2.0

Assault Rifles

All ARs now have 20% more recoil

Magnum Ammo

Magnum Ammo now provides a 5% damage buff (previously 15%)

Magnum Ammo now raises recoil by 33% (previously 25%)

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

Are you gonna keep these weapons forever? While I like that everyone has the same weapons and no one can really complain about one or the other, its made joining socs kinda pointless cause you can get the same guns in base factions, excluding the sniper of course.

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Informative 1
9 hours ago, Oatlife said:

Are you gonna keep these weapons forever? While I like that everyone has the same weapons and no one can really complain about one or the other, its made joining socs kinda pointless cause you can get the same guns in base factions, excluding the sniper of course.

This is what Garnet said in the update prior. How I interpreted it was that he's building the new gun meta from the ground up instead of trying to do it all at once.

The reason behind this is that by streamlining weapons across the board, we will be able to get criticism faster and fine tune them to perfection before I dig any deeper into creating new variants with different models. So for the time being, please bare with me while we ARE going through testing, and in the next upcoming days we will have a solid weapon base to work with!"

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
17 minutes ago, br0ken- said:

LMGs on the US side are way too slow, I think a little firerate buff can be helpful 

I think this should also be applied to the LMG Russian Commando : Tactical has as it is very lack luster and slow, aswell I think some of it's customization should be removed like the sights, magnum rounds and grip to match the US counterpart.

4 hours ago, Garnet said:

Seems like guns are good to go for now? - no reported issues.

Vega Group : Operator , from what I have seen still has nades, which Russian SSO : SMG is missing. (small error but I'm still going to point out in-case you forget ) 

In my opinion - the "balanced" snipers should have their firerates set to an area between 38-40 as it allows for the animation on most bolt snipers to be finished and aligned with when you can fire again. Currently due to the slow firerate on the US "balanced sniper" the animation finishes a bit short before you can fire again, which can lead to it being misleading and rather ugly to the eye. The Russian sniper however doesn't have an animation and doesn't suffer to this issue, but again for balance it should have it's firerate brought up with the removal of the attachment that increases it's firerate. I think it's called "Wood Stock" though I'm not 100% certain as I set myself to the class once to check the stats.

I agree with AR's having increased aimspread.

I think that the SMG's should receive a slight tinker to their recoil, after all most of them shoot 9.mm or slightly larger or smaller and it doesn't really make sense for them to kick like a horse in comparison to the large 5.56mm rounds from the AR's. I highly agree with keeping the aimspread of SMG's how they are currently as it eliminates them from being used at any long range opportunity.

Edited by Pencil
'once'
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, br0ken- said:

Most guns are fine, Only issues are with ARs and the LMGs on US side, ARs get a grenade launcher and 60 rounds with the attachments that can be added to it, The recoil nerf helped a bit but I suggest nerfing aimspread since all you have to do right now is pull your mouse down and you can still laser people, LMGs on the US side are way too slow, I think a little firerate buff can be helpful 

Yeah, the US AR is pretty much a "mini LMG" by itself with having 60 rounds a mag in it and holds 360 rounds in reserve lmao. I definitely agree that the aim spread on the US AR be nerfed a bit so they can't just laser/mow people down.

The US M4 and RU AK are still lasers. Aimspread needs to be upped a bit as well as the recoil as theres hardly any to them. Also what attachments did you remove from the guns because the m4 and ak still has all of its attachments and so do the other guns from what I can tell. M60 Firerate needs to be tweaked and some of the elite classes dont have their primary weapons and nades still. Vega Group operator has grenades instead of Russian SSO : SMG.

• Like 1