DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Yoda's Staff Application

Yoda

In-game Name: 11B DS SFC Yoda

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:243410141 or [U:1:486820282]

Warns: One warning - I killed a body blocker on North DB ladder.

Timezone: EST (UTC-5)

Playtime:  11B DS SFC Yoda has played for 136:05:52.

I know my playtime is low. I just felt the need to apply and at least get feedback!

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a Microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): none

Past experiences as staff: 

I have a vast experience of staffing on Garry's Mod throughout multiple game modes including, but not limited to, Military RP, Dark RP, American Revolutionary War RP, and Vietnam RP. I have also staffed on a few CS:GO TTT servers and held moderating positions in Discord's, TeamSpeak's and Forums.

Nomad Networks: Division A Director, TeamSpeak Admin, Forum Moderator

Division A director was tasked with managing Military RP, Dark RP, and Vietnam RP servers and reporting needs/wants/concerns to the owners.

Venomous Gaming: Military RP Admin, Forum Moderator

I also ran my own server for a few months. I created my own category which was "American Revolutionary War RP". This server had a very thriving player base but unfortunately did not receive enough donations and I could not afford to keep funding the server hoster out of pocket, let alone buy new scripts or addons.

If you do not recognize some of the communities listed above they range back from three years ago to present.

How do you plan on benefiting our server?:

I can benefit the server through my dedication, previous experience and personality. While I am in high school, I have very good time management and can dedicate hours to the server, Teamspeak, and forums daily. Throughout life and my video game addiction I have learned that you must have perseverance. When something gets tough, you have to get tougher. I never give up, but I also acknowledge my weaknesses and reach out for help when I need it.

I have over a thousand hours on Garry’s Mod (previous steam account got hacked) which has been split between playing and moderating. I know the settings menu like the back of my hand. I am also decently fluent with console commands. I am able to diagnose and assist with technical problems efficiently. With my experience comes knowledge of commands as well as general know-how of staffing, warn systems, logs, etc. I also understand that things may be run or done differently around here and am willing to change what I do in order to be the best staff that I possibly can.

I am very approachable and squared away person. I never let my emotions or personal life interfere with the task at hand. Due to my childhood I am not biased and I cannot stand seeing people be treated unfairly or people not following the rules (obviously to a reasonable extent). This would be beneficial to the server because I would not turn a blind eye based off of rank,

On a more personal note, when I first started playing Garry’s Mod I was only 14 years old. I had many encounters with staff, both good and bad. In particular I remember being falsely banned from my favorite server. One staff in particular, who I befriended when I joined the community was the only one that listened to me when I said “I didn’t do it!”, despite what the others said. He was not biased and did his research and found out that the IP address of the MassRDM'r was not the same as mine. He determined that I was being impersonated by someone I got banned. Ever since that I have strived to be like him, helping those who need it.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? I have never been banned or punished on any Garnet Gaming server.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 

Within the school year, Monday through Thursday, I can staff from around 5:00 PM EST to 11:00PM EST. However, I will have homework to do within that time period as well. On the weekends, Friday through Saturday, I can staff anytime I’m needed but will mostly be active from 3:00PM till 1:30AM. Sunday is a very inconsistent day due to church and family obligations. 

If I get accepted we can go into more detail if needed!

Edited by Yoda
  • Like 1

I have had a few conversations with you before and you're a nice guy. But as you said you are still very new to the server, and I would like you to spend a little bit more time playing and getting use to it. It's going to be a -1 from me just due to how new you are but with time I have no doubt you will be a good choice for staff. Just get some reputation and come back in a little bit. As I said nothing against you but just need some time to know the server well. 

• Like 1

Like Gamma said, you're a nice guy. But you said it yourself:

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

I know my playtime is low.

I would recommend getting more playtime for experiences (learning the rules), meeting people (on both sides), etc.  

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Yoda said:

at least get feedback!

Applications shouldn't particularly just be for feedback, that should be conducted on your own accord to ask members of the community how they feel about you. Staff applications are meant for you to actually apply in an attempt to get staff. As many others already stated though, you're playtime and overall impact and involvement in the community hasn't been that large and I do think once you have amassed more of a reputation and personality within the community you would be a better fit for staff.
Regarding the actual application however, it is very excellently written. You not only give past experience that would make you fit but demonstrate how it would benefit and make you better as a staff member. You define yourself well in the application and don't just say; "I'll do the staff duties if I get staff because that is what staff does".

Overall it was a great application and frankly I can't personally decide upon a final judgement of how I feel of you considering how you're entrance into the community was. Though if you seem to succeed and mold a better image for yourself into our community, I think you would be a great addition to the staff team.

• Like 2

Honestly I am very torn on weather to -1 or +1 this application. I have seen you on a lot and you seem to be very mature and seem to have valid feedback on a variety of different topics. Although to counter that, you have only been active on the forums for about 3-5 days. I feel like you need more experience to become staff. Therefore I will keep my verdict neutral. although I do feel like you have potential there are just to many reasons to support or resent you.  

PS: I assure you if you were to apply in another 2 weeks you would 100% be accepted. 

• Like 1

I won’t +1/-1 because overall you are a good guy and have had great interactions with you but I don’t think you are very known throughout the server so I say if you get better know on both RU and US then I’ll happily +1 buy right now I’ll be neutral

• Like 1

Being one of the first people you had interaction with on the server, (you came to my tryouts with ~10 hours,) I can tell you're a pretty cool guy. You seem mature and obviously can learn and adapt to rules fast, but the one thing you lack is experience in the community. Make more friends in the community, try to get into a SOC faction, and make a name for yourself. It's hard giving someone a [[[+1]]] for staff when you don't know them very well, and that's just the nature of it. For now I'm neutral, but I would love to see more of you in the server.

just toggle off bro

• Like 1

Denied

You just recently joined the community and had barely enough hours to apply. An application should be used to actually apply, not to be used as just feedback.  To be fair, your staff app was wonderfully written. I've met you in-game and you do have the potential to become a good staff member. Continue being active as you are now and interacting more with both sides. 

Wait at least three weeks before you reapply this time.

@Phantom

Edited by draggydx
  • Like 1