DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

AEK buff

Hashem

Description : In the new weapons update, several weapons have been either nerfed or buffed. So that moves me to the description of this problem, the AEK, as the state is in now, is very weak and can be outclassed by almost any weapon that has a shred of hip fire accuracy. It is very difficult to hit someone that is in front of you due to this hip fire accuracy, its happened to me several times in Silo and Embassy. However, this nerf in CQC combat would make you think that the AEK is a more medium-long range engagement weapon, but that is also false. The AEK's accuracy in general had a severe nerf and it is difficult to hit anything in medium-long range. It took me an entire magazine to kill someone that was about 20-40 meters away from me(like the distance between the tank and main hallway back stairway at embassy, sorry for my bad measurements). The damage output doesn't make up for it either because you can't really kill someone if you can't hit them. The current state of the AEK is a weapon that doesn't show any strengths, only weaknesses, I was more successful using semi auto in closer ranges.

Reasoning : The new weapon buffs have created several very strong weapons, like the M14 and even the MP5a5, the fact is this, the AEK has been nerfed for server balancing(I'm guessing), but more crazy strong weapons have been created after this, this leaves no room for the AEK to have a chance on the battlefield, I have used the AK-103 instead and it does much better at close ranges. It takes a very long time to put someone down due to its accuracy, many people donated for this weapon because it was known as a good weapon, the first nerf(after magnum and match was nerfed) made sense(although I disagree with it), but taking it down to this point doesn't. The infantry weapons from 2GA and other base factions are more effective(I'm sad to say this)

Additional Information : An AEK close-medium range spray test : 

• Dumb/Shitpost 4

The Aek is not at all weak. A three shot to the body is pretty nuts, 2 if you hit headshots. Right now its honestly more balanced then it has been before. If your not able to use it then I hate to say it, but it might not be the guns problem.

Edited by Oatlife
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1

If you compare the new AEK to how it previously was, it has actually seen an improvement (Old AEK I mean a couple of months back). Also, I'd recommend not using a suppressor, the recoil difference is barely noticeable and the damage increase is a plus.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Friendly 1
5 minutes ago, Krimzin said:

If you compare the new AEK to how it previously was, it has actually seen an improvement (Old AEK I mean a couple of months back). Also, I'd recommend not using a suppressor, the recoil difference is barely noticeable and the damage increase is a plus.

Ill try that, thanks

• Like 1

I would like to counter act Krimzins statement but try it if you would like but I would suggest using match, suppressor, forgrip, and the second scope don’t know the name and try to hip Fire mostly don’t use if for anything over short range use a sniper for that if you do use it for far range you can get the easy headshots with the sight and the match 

On 8/26/2019 at 9:15 AM, Jngley said:

I would like to counter act Krimzins statement but try it if you would like but I would suggest using match, suppressor, forgrip, and the second scope don’t know the name and try to hip Fire mostly don’t use if for anything over short range use a sniper for that if you do use it for far range you can get the easy headshots with the sight and the match 

The AEK has +40% spread per shot now, I would advise against hip firing with that thing at all if you're going for consistent results of the enemy being dead. Just use the AEK, and ADS. All ARs should have bad hip spread, but do more damage/fire slower than SMGs, and the reverse for SMGs. Gives each their own purpose instead of being interchangeable, since the only difference before was damage and firing speed. The hip spread now gives each a unique style you can mess around with. Don't ADS with SMGs to move faster while firing, and ADS with ARs for accuracy at medium range.

• Informative 1