DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Map Change / Revert

Oatlife

+1 I agree completely. I have a lot of hours into this map alone and have realized that this map is very long range combat and rarely ever do I get a chance to be in a cqc fight. cqc fights are much more exciting and rewarding however rarely happen after the first fight on a obj due to how this map is built. I really hope a change is made soon!

+1 I've only ever played on Taiga V3 and the current, but I can say that Taiga V3 was much better than the current, be it objective layout, cover, flanking routes, or even spawns. Taiga was very fun as you would never know were the enemy was coming from, as well as it being filled with cover, which allowed for all weapons to be viable in almost any situation. The current map is about 70% open area, with a rare rock or small box placed for cover. The constant trees, bushes, and walls/barriers made it very fun to push a position in Taiga V3. So i would suggest a map revert back to Taiga V3 until these problems can be fixed on the current, or until a new map is completed.

• Like 2

I don’t know of this is true. But when ever there has been a good map. There have been trees. I’m not talking about palm trees, but trees to block lines of sight and to block sniper shots. Adding a map that has these properties would add for some great CQC fights. 

Edited by Ting
  • Like 2
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

I feel bad because I know Diomonder spent a stupid amount of time and dedication making the current map, but I'm gonna have to +1 this suggestion. This map isn't bad by any means what so ever, and it's the best map by far aesthetics wise, but gameplay-wise it's lacking compared to maps like Taiga.

Some downsides I see is that faction leaders are going to once again have to change all of their tryout docs, etc. But even still I think it will be worth it.

I'm +1ing for the return of Taiga. 

• Like 1

I know how much work Diomonder put into the current map, but I don't think it reflect's the community the way that people had expected when it got announced. There are plenty of things wrong with the current map ranging from the major lack of routes from a base to objective, random and unnecessary additions like the temple, most if not all of the rocks on the map have many clipping issues like their geometry extending past the visual model or constantly sliding off rocks and glitching out your ADS (even with rocks that you shouldn't be able to slide on/off of when up against). There are plenty of spots that promote headglitching and 'basecamping' by offering plenty of cover for attackers. Even utilizing the towers, both gates, and the tunnels, are not enough to let you leave base because often times there are multiple snipers in different locations covering an exit. Although the map is rather large it isn't exactly built for vehicles either, so often times vehicles flip over or get stuck and the current rules on vehicles means that flipping a vehicle makes it out of play, which is important because it is super easy to flip your vehicle. There are some balance issues with vehicles involving their speed, health, ability to damage the driver, and so on that need fixed, but that isn't relevant to this suggestion.

I've basically compiled a general list of what I feel is wrong with the current map. Whether or not Garnet and/or Diomonder want to address these issues and edit the current map, who knows, or revert to a previous map (preferably one in the Taiga series, specifically Taiga V3 or Taiga Forest) is hard to say. Everything I've put up is stuff that I've heard more than a few times and I don't know if Garnet is aware of these problems and how much they affect gameplay or not.

TLDR +1

• 300 IQ 1

I only played on Taiga for almost 2 weeks or so, but it was a pretty even break between areas that were slightly open and dense forest, since it wasn't until Siberia that it was dense forest throughout the whole map. Honestly I'd love to see a revision of Taigav3 with revamped bases(No TP debrief, get rid of the HL2 prop in the RU base and replace it , I think it was HL2, I'm not 100% I just remember something that stretched up the wall, might not be HL2 HYPERS)

I understand Garnet had lost some of the previous map files, mainly I think Taigav3,v2 and siberia. Personally I know the Charharikar and Taigav1 files are out there and many players have them (me included), so I really hope Garnet would be up for doing a revision using the same general layout of those maps and just giving them a bit more of an update. Same OBJ's of Town, Factory and Company (the Taigav3 town, not Town Centre or the Charharikar town that was massive).

If we were to use TaigaForest as a base, I'd say remove the basecamp spots, i.e the hill directly outside the Russian base that allows for viewpoints of both exits of the Russian base, and removing the basecamp potential of the mountain right outside of the US base and the old Radar Hill(the one on Siberia that had the ball on it like Silo has). Only OBJ I'd like to see have a revision on this map would be a different obj than Construction, construction felt sort of chasey since there was so many floors and so many areas where you could hide since it was dark as fuck in some spots on the OBJ. I'd suggest and OBJ a bit more like Silo maybe, a lower area and then a central tower that can see enemies coming over the mountains, giving a defense point for enemies coming from long range, and then a cqc-medium haven below that. Town, I'd say give it a more 'wooden feel' like the US Outpost's wooden houses/buildings, just gives the town a more homey feel I guess instead of base concrete that looks like the other OBJ's, just something to spice it up. And adding stairs back to the area of Company that has rubble all over it(the blocked off area upstairs that has the hole in the gound where stairs are supposed to be)

+1

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2

I agree; I think a map reversion would be adequate to fix a few issues with the objectives.
The current map doesn't to have a pathing balance; for instance, let's say RU has Embassy, and US need to get to Silo.  This scenario isn't quite fair to US, because the vantage point that Embassy has and the few paths to Silo.  However, if US wanted to go to Killhouse, they have many options, including River and Ravine. This is a major example of the unbalanced pathings on this current map.

Tiaga V3 would be an excellent pick, because of it's volatile terrain and good objectives.  Like Oatlife said, Company was a gold star objective.  It really had many entry points and strategies to be employed.  
Town is similar, but with closer engagements, and with a more open design, it truly fit the bill for the title of "middle objective". 
Factory has plenty of options of entry, which makes it a strategic hold. 
Another good thing about Tiaga V3, is that, the terrain allowed far paths to become reinforced as you can travel on the outskirts of the map and have the terrain protect you.  
Not to mention BasePushing aka BaseCamping aka spawn camping will be greatly reduced by the map change, so I think that would make many players happy.

+1

Edited by Timid
Typo