[MRP] Map Change / Revert

Oatlife

I do agree with some of the points brought up in the original suggestion but Ima have to agree with Jackal. I think the better suggestion or way to suggest a map change at this point is to suggest a map rotation. Garnet and Dio have made plenty playable enjoyable maps and the biggest issue every map runs into is it being boring and stale eventually. Every month or a week or two a map change between versions of Taiga, Taiga Forest, and Chaharikar could really benefit the server. It would bring more refreshing and fun gameplay for all current players and draw old players back in. With constantly changing maps eventually certain maps would get stale again and could be taken out or replaced by other maps.

This cycle of Garnet making a map or reverting back to a map because players get old of the current map isn’t gonna fucking last forever. And I really don’t have a problem with Delta itself, I had fun playing on it, sometimes I still have fun at certain objectives. But just like any other map it’s getting a little stale. I don’t really think it has to do with the structure of the map, cause no matter how good the map is combat wise or aesthetically, it’s gonna get stale if you keep playing it. The same exact thing could be said about reverting to just Taiga v3. And It would just be like the same thing that happened with CSDesert, no matter how good you think the map is switching back to just Taiga will eventually get stale. 

+1 for map change, but i’d prefer setting up a map rotation. If it couldn’t be set to automatically rotate SA’s could always be given perms to change the map. 

Edited by Fupert1
  • Like 4
  • Cringe 1
  • 300 IQ 1

+1 The current map is nice, but is shit for gameplay, with it regarding the "CQC and no basecamp map" its the complete opposite. I personally think that one of the Chaharikar maps or Old taiga maps (not Forest or Siberia) Coming back would be fucking sick. Cs desert honestly had better PVP than this current map.

• Like 1
Guest Gildarts

I still suggest Garnet adds a command that allows me or phantom to swap to another map i.e !csdesert, !charikar, !shittytiaga, !tiaganight, !sibera, !shittycastlemap

It's no question that for a majority of the time that this server has been up, that this server has had a heavy sniper-based warfare type, whether that was the intention of the map or not. I think the point Oatlife made about the map being more tight and "chokepionty" might be a little off though. I believe that this map offers situations for all types of combat between CQC and sniper based gameplay. I think the problem is less about the objectives themselves.

I think the objectives are well thought out and are well made, but the problem is the travel to the objectives. Other maps in the past still had different points of elevation so there aren't as big of sight lines for snipers, but had a problem with headglitching with snipers every now and then. I think if the terrain of the map between the objectives was updated a little more, then we could have one of the best maps that this community has ever seen. The main point with this is that I am trying to say that the travel between bases and objectives is pretty much an open field for snipers to have a wide open range to kill, therefore instituting a sniper-heavy meta and making a core part of wars revolve around them.  

However, should this not be a solution that gets put in place, I think the idea that there could be a map rotation every now and then would be a great idea. Either it is an automated system, or we could grant the SAs the power to switch maps when they think it would be beneficial for the server. The only issue that people may argue with the map rotation idea is that tryouts can constantly change between maps, and that faction leaders will have to re-create tryouts every time the map switches, but that really isn't that big of a deal either. If you are a faction leader, all you would have to do is make the tryout one time on every map. After that, your faction is pretty much set until a completely new map is released. So I really don't see a problem with the map rotation idea at all, and would probably be a better solution considering that it is the option that would take the least amount of work, and should be fairly easy to implement. All that would have to be done is to give SAs power to either create map change votes, or just have them make the executive decision to change the map themselves.

On the other hand though, maybe the people who are just running out into the open in the same direction every time you die should just try taking a different route or flanking (unless you're being basecamped then you're pretty much fucked lmao).

Edited by Bendak
  • Like 2