DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Map Change / Revert

Oatlife

21 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Well well well, if it isn't players asking to go back to another map that at some point in time they also complained about not liking noxWhat

I don’t personally think that this map is bad or nothing. It’s just that in comparison to the Taiga maps and Charikar, this one sucks a grapefruit dick. The sight-lines, objectives and terrain were supposedly much better then the current ones. I just feel like if so many people want this, there is no harm in trying to create a plug-in that will change the map with a simple command (SAs only)

• 300 IQ 3

Garnet did say this was going to happen which is why I spent a very long time talking to the then current community leaders and high level faction players constructing a map that they all said would be the big final map for garnet. I set out to please all the players of the server, building everything very carefully in a way that was meant to be for every play style and also play to the once again then unspoken future features of garnet. Also with this I wanted a lot of stuff to do outside of war to minimize the amount of time spent afk and to allow players to work with each other during other times besides war, that was the entire concept for ATTC. It seems like a lot of the dislikes are from stuff that was asked for specifically, for example the flat terrain was probably the most requested thing to keep the gameplay more similar to csc rather then go completely off axis and make a mountain map with paths. I could pretty easily adjust the terrain to make it more enjoyable and modify parts of the objectives and remove unnecessary things and improve the important parts of the map.

I guess what I'm trying to get out of this post is what would you have liked to see done differently from what was done?  And what changes to the current map could be made to possibly remedy this to keep the server moving forwards rather then back?

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 2
  • Winner 1
4 minutes ago, Diomonder said:

Garnet did say this was going to happen which is why I spent a very long time talking to the then current community leaders and high level faction players constructing a map that they all said would be the big final map for garnet. I set out to please all the players of the server, building everything very carefully in a way that was meant to be for every play style and also play to the once again then unspoken future features of garnet. Also with this I wanted a lot of stuff to do outside of war to minimize the amount of time spent afk and to allow players to work with each other during other times besides war, that was the entire concept for ATTC. It seems like a lot of the dislikes are from stuff that was asked for specifically, for example the flat terrain was probably the most requested thing to keep the gameplay more similar to csc rather then go completely off axis and make a mountain map with paths. I could pretty easily adjust the terrain to make it more enjoyable and modify parts of the objectives and remove unnecessary things and improve the important parts of the map.

I guess what I'm trying to get out of this post is what would you have liked to see done differently from what was done?  And what changes to the current map could be made to possibly remedy this to keep the server moving forwards rather then back?

Personally I feel like there are some open spaces on the map that can be replaced with mountains blocking the path. What i mean is that the person trying to get to a certain place has a split road in how to get there. (Just like the mountains leading to comms/factory in Taiga forest) I think that was called Spetsnaz mountain, but i could be mistaken. 

• Winner 1
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Diomonder said:

Honestly, there's really no remedying this, because back when we had Taiga, people would complain of the fact it is infact too mountainous, and requested to change back to CSCdesert. On a different note, just based off of that rat called GreatGuyHugh's post and the amount of positive reactions he got by dissing me for absolutely no reason, I think i'll stick to university and come back another week to deal with this crap haha. Really didn't miss the toxicity.

• Spicy 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Sad 3
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 3

Basecamping and lack of cqc has been a complaint about every map. It's not a map issue at all. If players want to play the game a certain way, they're going to make that happen regardless. Unless you want a map to be some maze runner type shit. I've been around for a few maps, and I can directly recall a post on every single one of them asking for either a new map, or a revert back to the previous one. I disagree'd with @Ethan mentality about it, but if you guys are really going to bitch about not being able to CQC and how you're getting base camped all the time, talk to eachother about actually playing the objectives. It's strange that I'm noticing a lot of the people mentioning the problems with getting basecamped and not being able to CQC are the first ones to base camp, and the first ones to sit out in front of the objective with an orsis. TLDR; It doesnt matter what map you're playing on if you guys continue to play in the same cheeky ways. It'd be close to impossible to accommodate the server with a map to prevent the way everyone on the server plays. Atleast in  a way that's feasible 

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • 300 IQ 1

From my experience, all maps I've played have been pretty much the same, It's always been sniper heavy with nice CQC inside the objectives. I personally love Embassy, The CQC inside it is fun and it's overall a nice building that looks aesthically pleasing. Silo isn't as fun just cause I don't really enjoy Sniper gameplay anymore. Buildings like ATTC are genius because it allows new people to do shit during peace time. The problem is just that people get bored of the same thing after some time. It's not the map that is boring, it's the players. Instead of typing this out ima just quote Gotham since he explained it perfectly. 

20 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

Basecamping and lack of cqc has been a complaint about every map. It's not a map issue at all. If players want to play the game a certain way, they're going to make that happen regardless. Unless you want a map to be some maze runner type shit. I've been around for a few maps, and I can directly recall a post on every single one of them asking for either a new map, or a revert back to the previous one. I disagree'd with @Ethan mentality about it, but if you guys are really going to bitch about not being able to CQC and how you're getting base camped all the time, talk to eachother about actually playing the objectives. It's strange that I'm noticing a lot of the people mentioning the problems with getting basecamped and not being able to CQC are the first ones to base camp, and the first ones to sit out in front of the objective with an orsis. TLDR; It doesnt matter what map you're playing on if you guys continue to play in the same cheeky ways. It'd be close to impossible to accommodate the server with a map to prevent the way everyone on the server plays. Atleast in  a way that's feasible 

Since I started playing actively in October last year, it's been the same shit. CQC inside the objective during start of war, and then It's just a sniper contest. Everyone gets ''bored'' of waiting out the objective and waiting for the enemies so they push up to get kills.  And I know it's hypocritical coming from me, someone who used to push up aswell. But it's just the ''meta''. If everyone would stay put inside the objective and wait out the enemies, I would too. But sitting inside a objective for 30 minutes while everyone is outside the others base killing them is just plain boring. 

Edited by DannKeb
  • Winner 1
10 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

It's almost like Special Forces encouraging their soldiers to not "play in the same cheeky ways" was attempted before. I am glad you were the one US force that attempted to join that attempt, but you're right. The people that complained about it, keep it going as well. Only replied here because I was @'d lmao. Interesting thread, good luck, but just know @Garnet, you can never please everyone with one solution. If I were being honest, that would be the best reason to have a monthly map rotation. Some different styles of play represented on different maps.

• Friendly 1
  • Winner 1
  • The Garnut
Just now, Ethan said:

just know @Garnet, you can never please everyone with one solution. If I were being honest, that would be the best reason to have a monthly map rotation. Some different styles of play represented on different maps.

Of course you cannot please everybody and that is a fact of life, and the reason why we have had countless iterations of maps. Requesting a rotation is one thing, but being blatantly rude/disrespectful is another.

• Like 5
  • 300 IQ 1
Just now, Garnet said:

Of course you cannot please everybody and that is a fact of life, and the reason why we have had countless iterations of maps. Requesting a rotation is one thing, but being blatantly rude/disrespectful is another.

To be honest, only one guy in this thread was disrespectful. People just like to see drama sometimes, so they reacted to his post lmao. Don't take it as the entire community dislikes you. Just some people take your absence as ignoring them instead of realizing that this gaming community isn't your main focus in life like it is in theirs. Most people in this thread seem to be pretty chill, pointing out that people just want something new to play on after a month or a couple months.

• 300 IQ 2