Making a 30 day commitment

I love the community but the toxicity has driven a lot of people away or ruined a lot of the fun or interactions for people so if by chance we could get rid of some if not most of the toxicity then we probably might have a lot more of a nicer outlook from new people to the server and older players of the likes I’ve known many to leave because of how toxic things can get and it’s sad to see. But I’m glad to see you coming back and trying to help the community, hopefully I’ll be on soon.

Edited by Harris
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
50 minutes ago, Harris said:

I love the community but the toxicity has driven a lot of people away or ruined a lot of the fun or interactions for people so if by chance we could get rid of some of not most of the toxicity then we probably might have a lot more of a nicer outlook from new people to the server and older players of the likes I’ve known many to leave because of how toxic things can get and it’s sad to see. But I’m glad to see you coming back and trying to help the community, hopefully I’ll be on soon.

He's completely right, toxicity is a big key factor in the decline of population in any server and I believe we should do something about it.

Through my almost 7 years playing Garry’s mod and three of them basically playing militaryRP, be it on your server or another. I have seen servers/ communities fall apart over miscommunications between staff.

On this server I have seen it’s ups n downs. Amazingly I have not seen an owner admit his mistakes so good on you. From what you have stated above I believe you will be able to do this but please don’t fuck up cus we all love this server to pieces and wouldn’t like it to disappear anytime soon.  😉😂

- A nice but somewhat toxic player :)) 

• Like 2
  • Winner 1
On 9/15/2019 at 10:41 PM, Garnet said:

As pointed out nicely/and harshly by the likes of @Duel and @Pencil,

I read their posts but still didn't understand why they called you out like that. Seems like the situation went a little like:

>Server owner returns after an(as I understand it) prolonged absence with our favorite mapper boy

>Garnetgaming users screeching autistically 

Why?  Most of the points you made were true and It confused me to see Duel, one of the players on this server I hold true respect for being right most of the time, arguing a point that really doesn't make sense. 

I'm currently also doing a grad degree so I can somewhat understand what you were getting at in the post(can't imagine doing something as rigorous as an MD and running a server).  Glad to hear you're trying to be more in tune with the server and challenging yourself to work harder for it. However, Stress snowballs really quickly(personal experience), especially when you gotta juggle stuff so try to not burn yourself out. Cause you make Garnetgaming what it is.

Went ahead and considered the following list(based off the posts you made in the referred to thread and some stuff that I kinda remember that may or may not be wrong) of what you had to sacrifice for this server, that is for the most part free to play:

The opportunity cost of you spending hours of your life learning skills that is not likely to benefit outside of Gmod or translate into IRL stuff(skills like Hammer, Lua, Server stuff, etc.)

The opportunity cost of you maintaining his donation portal 

The cost of running your server(server host, website, TS, advertising?, etc)

The opportunity cost of you building a staff team up and maintaining team

Opportunity cost and Cost of designing new features per user(who may have not even put a single dollar into GG) suggestion(coding, new maps, etc.)

and this is just the stuff I came up in like 5 minutes.

Regardless of the kids, trust at least someone attempts to understand the depth of your labor. Anyways, welcome back Garnet its been awhile 😄.

PS: if you do ever decide to shut down the community, I would be willing the purchase the community(forums, server, maps, dev stuff from over the years) if you're interesting on at least recouping some of your costs from over the years.

Edited by Shrugger0
  • Cringe 5

The last thing i want to see is this server disappear, with that being said even of you are not active for the next 30 days there are still people here who can help out massively to avoid the server shutdown. if there is anyways we can help you out with curving your option on the community shutdown please let us know! goodluck to you with your challenge my guy! hope everything goes positively and we can keep out home :,)