DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Is Water Wet?

Like for real someone help me out. Can water be wet? what about ice? can ice be wet? these are big questions that need answering. I think it is stupid that the world is focusing on Syria when in reality we should be focused on the question at hand here.

1 hour ago, Zaroni Pepperoni said:

Water is wet, as it is what causes things to be wet. Ice is wet as well because it makes other things wet. Syria is fucked as the us has spotted oil in its borders. Gg Assad 

Can you prove any of that? Screenshots? logs?

1 hour ago, Zaroni Pepperoni said:

Water is wet, as it is what causes things to be wet. Ice is wet as well because it makes other things wet. Syria is fucked as the us has spotted oil in its borders. Gg Assad 

YES! This is what I tell everyone! If water gets things wet, then its wet! 

6 minutes ago, YeetMeister said:

You can wipe water off of a table, making it dry, but can you wipe water off of water? No, WATER. IS. NOT. WET.

But at a molecular level it would still be classified as wet. So theres no way to let the table dry without air. So water can make things wet. But isn't wet itself. Because water cant be wet... Prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, IAreNemesis said:

Fuck's sake. Is fire on fire? No.

Fuck off.

but it could be technically... it is possible for two fires to be seperate and still be on fire. Potassium, zinc etc. depending on the variation of the chemistry.

Wet = "covered or saturated with water or another liquid." .Water Is not wet, you cant saturate water with water, nor can you make water more wet (wetness is measurable). Wetness is caused by coming into contact with water,  just because it makes other things wet doesn't make it wet itself. 

The icecube though, can definitely be wet (even as it melts). Extremely frozen ice feels dry and kind of sticky to the touch, pour water on it & it becomes wet & slippery (sounds hot).