RPG CQC Meta

{GG}otham

Description: Right now we're in the meta where explosive support classes "RPG/Nail-gunner" are being misused by players to create a unintended
advantage in war. The classes are meant to be used to breach areas from afar with explosives for allies to move in and CQC. What it has become
is people using these classes with other donator classes to be able to soak up bullets and become unkillable. By using weapons such as the MP5A5
and the FMG, RPGs have turned into "final bosses" mowing down everyone in their path close up. I'm calling for Nailgunner and RPG to be limited
to only their White listed weapons.

The misuse of RPG and NG drives players away from the server. Why try and snipe if there is an RPG using an orsis. Why try and go and cap the point
when there is an RPG mowing 5+ players down in CQC with an MP5A5. As it stands, one RPG can sway the results of a war, as an RPG with MP5A5 or
an FMG can take on a whole base faction on a point.
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jackal l GarnetGaming.net said:

I wouldn't call it a meta if only maybe 5 people use the class combined on each side.

5 people on RPG and Donator weapons = atleast 1 base faction and some change. That's meta.

3 minutes ago, Jackal l GarnetGaming.net said:

Also if they personally weren't meant to CQC they would simply have 100hp and a RPG. However, they have 300hp and a impeded speedboost so I am sorry to say they are meant to breach.

They are meant to be able to sustain damage while they launch their rockets. Not to sustain damage whilst mowing 10 enemies down with the mp5a5 and still having +100 HP

4 minutes ago, Jackal l GarnetGaming.net said:

As for the matador itself it's underwhelming in damage depending on the situation.(In regard to raw DMG) Also just saying it's really impossible and really odd to make RPG/NG the only classes to have restrictions on available weaponry.

Not even close to intelligent. Any weapon that can blow up 5+ people at once on an objective is by no means "underwhelming"

6 minutes ago, Jackal l GarnetGaming.net said:

However, entry level factions are inexperienced players majority of the time so they more than likely don't realize that RPG is even a thing resulting in them being caught by surprise.

With 300 HP, the RPG or nailgunner can be caught by suprise, turn around, and still get the kill. 

7 minutes ago, Jackal l GarnetGaming.net said:

This isn't really a suggestion for RPG this is a nerf to anyone who decides to donate for other donator weapons alongside that class.

Entirely false. This suggestion is about the unacceptable power granted to someone with 300 HP, and a hand full of other neat weapons that compromise the balance of the server grotesquely .

-1. Jackal literally took the words out of my mouth.

4 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

They are meant to be able to sustain damage while they launch their rockets. Not to sustain damage whilst mowing 10 enemies down with the mp5a5 and still having +100 HP

Not even close to intelligent. Any weapon that can blow up 5+ people at once on an objective is by no means "underwhelming"

With 300 HP, the RPG or nailgunner can be caught by suprise, turn around, and still get the kill. .

You're not reading, (or rather comprehending,) the things that Jackal has said. You haven't really counter those points other than "it's op!!!!!!"
In real life, RPGs are used for breaching and clearing.

Also, we all know that this is just a childish retaliation to the Medkit nerf suggestion lol

Edited by PaniniV2
Another counterpoint
1 minute ago, Panini said:

You're not reading, (or rather comprehending,) the things that Jackal has said. You haven't really counter those points other than "it's op!!!!!!"

Also, we all know that this is just a childish retaliation to the Medkit nerf suggestion lol

I simply disagree with the first statement. And for the latter, i'm appalled by your sheer idiocy. We're all trying to balance the server together.

2 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

I simply disagree with the first statement. And for the latter, i'm appalled by your sheer idiocy. We're all trying to balance the server together.

Is that a diss?
But in all seriousness, that was kind of rude.

41 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

I'm calling for Nailgunner and RPG to be limited
to only their White listed weapons.

2 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

And for the latter, i'm appalled by your sheer idiocy.

Ironic.

You're not nerfing anything, you're limiting what donators can do.

Edited by PaniniV2

Disabling donor weapons from RPG/NG is out of the question.

From my experience palying on RPG/NG, you can easily be 1 tapped by a 1-shot sniper with full health if it is to the head, or quickly melted down by a MP5. It's not as OP as you think. 

An RPG/NG is just another mere mortal when pushed up on by multiple enemies, assuming they coordinate and don't push in 1 by 1 to feed kills to the beast. 

NG just got a health buff to 300 to match RPG relatively recently, and with the way SMGs (not just the MP5) are set up, it can easily melt a NG/RPG in a CQ situation.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

53 minutes ago, sbens said:

This is a pathetic counter to the medkit suggestion.

-1 Never been a problem and as phantom said it isnt that hard to blow its hp really quickly if you have the skill to do it.

Edited by Pump
22 minutes ago, Pump said:

-1 Never been a problem and as phantom said it isnt that hard to blow its hp really quickly if you have the skill to do it.

Skill... It should be fair towards new players aswell like it shouldn't require a donator to kill another donator. 

Try as a 2GA soldier to go against a nailgunner with an MP5, it wont happen. 

Currently it requires someone with an orsis or an MP5 to take down someone with for example nailgunner or RPG as they most likely also have a few donor guns which leaves new players at a HUGE disadvantage. 

Conclusion: People shouldn't be required donate just to even out the ods. 

1 hour ago, Holmander said:

leaves new players at a HUGE disadvantage.

1 hour ago, Holmander said:

People shouldn't be required donate just to even out the ods. 

Yeah, but considering how many Donator weapons and classes that have been bought already, Garnet cannot revert this. That means that we have to compromise. You said yourself in "The Self Healing Meta" thread that Garnet could lose out on money for a change being made to guardian/defender, why would you come on this thread to argue for a even more drastic change?

3 hours ago, {GG}otham said:

now we're in the meta where explosive support classes "RPG/Nail-gunner" are being misused by players to create a unintended advantage in war.

You could quite literally say this about any Class that is used with a donator weapon. 1MD Marksman? Whoa he's a Marksman, why the fuck does he have an AEk? The removal of Donator weapons from a specific class completely ruins the purpose of donator weapons. Players spend money on an extra permanent weapon that they can use on any class, this is why Jackal made MP5 nerf suggestions and med kit suggestions instead of saying "Let's disable the mp5 for Guardians/Defenders.". I'm surprised you posted this and are getting support.

Donator weapons were obviously made for income instead of combat balance on the server, War is never going to be "fair" with donator items, and they're not being removed.

Edited by Fupert
  • Like 1