Doggo's Staff app

Wilhelm

In-game name: PDSS ENS Doggo

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 16

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:238524366

Warns: None

Timezone: EST

Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | PDSS ENS Doggo has played for 527:07:33.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]  Joe, BatHulk

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] None

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs] Man, I honestly don't know where to start, I've been playing this amazing server for over a year now and more now than ever I feel like I need to do more for the server that has had such a big impact on my life. I think the biggest reason I want to join the staff team is because I know I can do so much more for the community than simply play the game. Besides i'm always finding myself bored as hell during peacetime and I might as well use this time to help the server's health.  I know i'm not the most prominent personality or well known and I haven't done much for the server up until this point which is why I want to be staff and use it as a chance to do my part. I feel like one of my biggest strengths is my work ethic and ability to do anything I put my mind to. I can remember failing PDSS tryouts on MATCH and then practicing MATCH without stopping until the next tryouts and passing without problem. That is the most prominent example in my mind but i can assure you there are more. I don't know much about staff but i'm eager and willing to learn should I be accepted.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: No

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes I think 2 around 4-5 months ago

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: From 3:30pm to around 9:00pm on weekdays but from around all day on weekends

Edited by OG_Doggo
9 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

+1  very active, friendly, one thing is that it’s 2 paragraphs but you have a really good one that’s long so imma give it to ya. 

It wouldn't let me format two properly so i figured one long one would work.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, OG_Doggo said:

How do you plan on benefiting our server?

The goal of this question isn't to explain why you want staff. From what I can see there is only one sentence that actually shares qualities that you have that would be useful for a staff member, everything else is explaining why you want to join the staff team, explaining your previous reputation, and then ending it with a note about how you are willing to learn about being a good staff member if you get accepted.

None of those are negatives, but they don't answer the question either.

I'm not going to be generic and say that your application is too short. Based on the content of the answer, you technically only gave a sentence which is by definition not long enough, obviously. But I personally could care less how much people avoid stuffing in filler to their application. Two paragraphs about how you plan on helping the server is a literal plan of action and nobody bothers to write up that sort of message anymore, in fact I don't think I wrote my answer that way either, but the questions for the application have also changed at one point ("why do you plan" changed to "how do you plan") so there is that. I think if you focused more on writing about your qualities, no examples necessary, that would be a much better answer than what you have currently.

Other than the application, I've never talked to you except for back when you had a poor reputation on US, y'know, prior to PDSS. I can't be a judge of whether or not you have qualities that would fit a staff member, nor could I rate you over another candidate due to that fact.

Because I don't believe in staying neutral and replying to an application, I'm gonna have to -1 this. But I want to note that I am neutral; my decision is on the border and I could change my response to a +1 if I see how much different you act now in comparison to before, maybe a change in your "essay" portion that better answers the question being asked, if I see qualities and skills useful for a staff member, and I'd also like to ask two more things that you don't have to answer but are there for you to think about: Why do you feel like you should be accepted into the staff team over somebody else who may or may not be more qualified? And do you feel at this moment that you'd be a productive and active member of the staff team?

On 10/22/2019 at 12:34 PM, OG_Doggo said:

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 15

May I ask when your birthday is? Should you feel the question too provoking or you do not want to answer, I am fine with that.

At the moment I will not disclose my reasoning for asking, however it is related to the application and the integrity of it, I will reply or edit my post should you make a reply to this question.

-v Edit with my actual post v-

Alright so I asked because on your other profile, your birthday was September 21st.

4369cadedfdbbbd8b7fd7a0c57894741.png

On your first staff app (August 22nd, 2018) you claimed you were 14 turning 15 soon in a month.(Correlates with the time provided with your birthday.

7e6d7203a96a96e8d478d3356fe7eee2.png

Next staff app (September 20th, 2018) you claim you were 15, despite your birthday being on the 21st.(Not a horrible issue).
a08f447292771d1548effea4d8bef130.png

Buttttt.... it's been a full year since when you turned from 14 to 15. So I ask this question, which staff app was there an error. Which staff app did you lie on. Or are you 16 now and forgot to put it?

Also most of you frogmen just got back from like a week of being rather inactive, so personally I don't see it the perfect time to apply.

Edited by Pencil
  • Haha 2

In all honesty I didn’t even know you were on the server, let alone had a conversation or ever seen you on, if you’ve come back from not playing the server for awhile or anything like that I’d highly recommend getting your self situated in the server and with the community, if enough people reply with you being active and well known through out the server than I’ll +1 but right now it’s a -1

Along with what I remember you were kinda mingy when I last knew you but I could be mistaken.

Edited by Harris
  • Like 2
  • Spicy 1

I am not sure who you are or have had a conversation with you but, I have seen you on here and there. For now im going to -1 your application. Once I get to know you some more then I will possibly change my mind but for now its going to be a -1. GL With your application 

• Cringe 1
39 minutes ago, ItzV01D said:

I am not sure who you are or have had a conversation with you but, I have seen you on here and there. For now im going to -1 your application. Once I get to know you some more then I will possibly change my mind but for now its going to be a -1. GL With your application 

Your whole reason for giving a -1 is because you do not know them. Other people have also stated this but have provided other reasons also to be giving a -1. If you do not know the person, have had any interactions with the person, or have anything to say about their application in itself. Then you should stay neutral and not respond. You do not need to provide a -1 because you do not know them. I really have no clue who you are either.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Harris said:

In all honesty I didn’t even know you were on the server, let alone had a conversation or ever seen you on, if you’ve come back from not playing the server for awhile or anything like that I’d highly recommend getting your self situated in the server and with the community, if enough people reply with you being active and well known through out the server than I’ll +1 but right now it’s a -1

Along with what I remember you were kinda mingy when I last knew you but I could be mistaken.

My act has been cleaned up since September of last year and i'm pretty sure I knew you around October and December of last year. And yes, I did come back in July but I feel like i'm in a good spot right around now. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Doggo was always someone I enjoyed playing with when I was in Frogmen. While he didn't make himself too known to the entire community, he was still active.  I can say that from my experience with him, he is perfectly qualified for staff. +1

4 hours ago, GoogleBot2Point0 said:

Doggo for Staff, 2019

+1

Stop doing this, this doesn’t help anyone determine wether he will be good for staff or not, we need constructive and helpful feed back from the community, give us reasons why he would or would not be good for staff.

• Like 1

+1 Wasnt always the most active but definitely has picking up his activity in the recent weeks. Might not have been staff material a couple of weeks ago but that has changed a lot. Very chill and level headed dude who can handle some responsibility. Would have no problem with him as a TMod. Good luck.