DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP | Seasonal Map Rotation

Nutter

• The Garnut
Just now, Maple_ said:

I love it, was getting kinda sad that Delta was gone but now I have new hope. Thanks for the update.

No problem! I let many people know that neither Delta nor Taiga will be removed from the server, these two maps consumed thousands of hours of me and Diomonder's free time, and I see them fit for the long term. They will however be modified during each cycle as to accommodate the playerbase's wishes (within reason).

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
22 minutes ago, Garnet said:

playermodels that I'm simultaneously working on

Me, like the only person who likes the GRU models: ...

no but really garnet! You outdo yourself! When I first joined this community I saw you on once over the course of like 4 months! Now it’s amazing to see the constant updates and such. I actually don’t care if my factions models get swapped, in fact if you would like to see my idea of what they could be, DM me, but really I love the new idea of map rotation. Question though, how long will each map be out for? Personally I’m going to say 3 weeks is good, because I’m pretty sure if some Maps don’t have the ATTC and MATCH then we will need multiple tryout docs, so I suggest simply that those be in every map in one form or another. 

Though really man, you are doing a great job! I would love to see more updates on these maps soon!

• Cringe 3

Okay so this is kinda fuckin gamer nigga cause like— tryouts would change per map which switches the flow of it all and would allow faction leaders to be way more creative. 

Depending on how long each map stays for, niggas could restrict some class tryouts to only be available on some maps.

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Cringe 1
Just now, Bishopil said:

Okay so this is kinda fuckin gamer nigga cause like— tryouts would change per map which switches the flow of it all and would allow faction leaders to be way more creative. 

Not if he were to add a teleport let’s say, in a little room on taiga forest. it could bring you to MATCH. Most tryouts only really have sims and MATCH from what I’ve seen. Some others do other things but it wouldn’t be too hard to implement I think. Just time consuming, a small price to have variety

6 minutes ago, Captainswag said:

Not if he were to add a teleport let’s say, in a little room on taiga forest. it could bring you to MATCH. Most tryouts only really have sims and MATCH from what I’ve seen. Some others do other things but it wouldn’t be too hard to implement I think. Just time consuming, a small price to have variety

Nigga the fuck is a MATCH

Other than that, not every leader is going to stick to the same tryout from the previous one, so it would be kinda shit if a different leader changed the entire tryout. Plus there’s probably some other ramifications in doing that, such as disconnecting RP even further with a mf teleporter. I think it’s fine how it is. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Cringe 1
  • The Garnut
1 hour ago, Captainswag said:

Not if he were to add a teleport let’s say, in a little room on taiga forest. it could bring you to MATCH.

1 hour ago, Bishopil said:

Other than that, not every leader is going to stick to the same tryout from the previous one, so it would be kinda shit if a different leader changed the entire tryout. Plus there’s probably some other ramifications in doing that, such as disconnecting RP even further with a mf teleporter. I think it’s fine how it is. 

Leave it to Garnet users to start full-blown discussions about a theoretical situation on an idea. Classic haha

To answer your questions, tryouts will indeed vary, but not as drastically as you might think. Structures such as Killhouse and faction bases will largely stay the same on the interior side, and upon switching maps will be available just as before. The only difference would be the exterior in order to match the new terrain. Sure, the terrain itself will change so if one is utilized in tryouts, leaders would have to come up with new ideas. But to reiterate, killhouse timings will be the same on every map moving forward.

• 300 IQ 1
  • The Garnut
2 hours ago, Bishopil said:

@Phantom I’m really fucking drunk rn but like why u throwing shade nigga just chill out bruh react m to everything with cringe 

All irony aside, I was polite enough to give people like yourself a second try in the community. Step up your English a couple notches on these forums and change your behavior right now or you'll be getting banned again

• 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1
5 hours ago, Garnet said:

All irony aside, I was polite enough to give people like yourself a second try in the community. Step up your English a couple notches on these forums and change your behavior right now or you'll be getting banned again

Yeah I understand. I was actually fucked so I didn’t mean to be retarded. @Phantom Apologies, seriously. Thank god I didn’t post any more past this. I’ll remember to sign out before I start drinking again xd

7 hours ago, Garnet said:

Leave it to Garnet users to start full-blown discussions about a theoretical situation on an idea. Classic haha

To answer your questions, tryouts will indeed vary, but not as drastically as you might think. Structures such as Killhouse and faction bases will largely stay the same on the interior side, and upon switching maps will be available just as before. The only difference would be the exterior in order to match the new terrain. Sure, the terrain itself will change so if one is utilized in tryouts, leaders would have to come up with new ideas. But to reiterate, killhouse timings will be the same on every map moving forward.

Is this KH the one with the water in it? Or is that just an obstacle course and KH is something separate. I’ve heard that objective exists, but I’ve actually never went because wars are always at embassy or silo. I’ve only looked at the course with water like once and didn’t actually run through it. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
  • Friendly 1
  • The Garnut
7 hours ago, Im Dream said:

Are you planning to only use rp_garnet_charlie/delta/echo/etc or do you consider using one of these maps?

These maps are dated and were made when neither me or Diomonder were too skilled, so no, they will not be re-used.

• Informative 2