Few suggestions (feat. VIP Gu

Guest proggy

1) Make it so [most] weapons don't disappear once you run out of ammo. I could see why a few of them should disappear like grenades and stuff but having it be like MRP where you just have a clicky gun till you replenish ammo would be ideal imo. A lot of noobs get mad about losing their gun bc it could be worth a lot more than they even have to their name.

2) Make using climb swep on another player do 1-5 damage so that climb swep abuse can be tracked (like stunstick abuse can be) and so someone hit with a climb swep can legally defend themselves. We get a lot of sits of people who RDM and their reason is "he climbswepped me" but theres no way to really track that without video evidence or someone admitting to it; and it technically doesn't do any damage so its not self-defense either. Having it do a small amount of damage would be a simple way to make it easier to track and make this less of a gray area. If it damaged them, they can kill them. It would be treated like a punch. 

3) Currently something that hasn't been working on DRP since the data-center migration is the ghosted preview of props when looking at a prop with stacker tool, and the outlines of party members. I really liked that while it was on the server. Would suck to see it go away again for good.

4) Could we change the job rules that show up when selecting a class in the F4 menu to match the job rules in f1/!motd? There are some discrepancies that confuse new players. One example of this is the f4 menu saying raiding classes (except lv.1 thief ironically) have a 10 minute cooldown between raiding different bases, and a half hour cooldown for raiding the same base; however the ACTUAL rules are no cooldown for raiding different bases, and 20 minutes for raiding the same base. I have no issues telling people to always get their rules from !motd, but having these match would be ideal to mitigate confusion for new players.

5) Venom has a keypad cracker but he's not allowed to use it for some reason. Gets an error in top left and a chat message. 

6) What if there was a VIP Gun Dealer class that can sell the donor weapons (Double barrel, Dragon Lore, Browning Auto, etc.) as single use guns (or shipments of them). These guns could be EXTREMELY expensive for the gun dealer to spawn in so that it wouldn't be practical for people to rely on them long term, and people would want to buy them perma after trying them, liking them, and losing them. This is kind of what the Garnet Case does but it would be cool to have a badass VIP gun dealer that can sell really expensive arms like that too. I imagine the high price of the weapons would keep the potent weaponry out of the hands of mass RDMers too because they would be a big investment for something like that. My 1st suggestion on this post would be handy in making sure these guns, and currently expensive stuff in the meta like RPG's don't disappear on people who forget about that quirk. 
I've thought about opening a gunstore that tests this idea by selling stuff from Garnet Crate to players by gifting through the /unbox interface. This would have involved me spending millions on inventory that would likely not sell so I didn't do it lol.

Let me know what y'all think.

About suggestion 1, there's a glitch I know of that you can have 0 ammo inside of a weapon and continuously press the reload button and it will spam the noises and reloading animation and it's super fucking annoying that I just used it for a bit before being annoyed myself.

About suggestion 2, No.

Suggestion 3, I think props are outlined still when using stacker, and yes party outlines would be good.

Suggestion 4, I guess so but you do realize that it's super easy to open up the !motd and it pops up when you join the server?

Suggestion 5, yeah that needs fixed.

Suggestion 6, I would only say this is good if the guns were slightly cheaper than unbox price, sorta like how gun dealers are now. That way it's worth it. Not bad of a suggestion.

These are just my opinion.

• The Garnut
15 hours ago, proggy said:

1) Make it so [most] weapons don't disappear once you run out of ammo. I could see why a few of them should disappear like grenades and stuff but having it be like MRP where you just have a clicky gun till you replenish ammo would be ideal imo. A lot of noobs get mad about losing their gun bc it could be worth a lot more than they even have to their name.

Fixed

2) Make using climb swep on another player do 1-5 damage so that climb swep abuse can be tracked (like stunstick abuse can be) and so someone hit with a climb swep can legally defend themselves. We get a lot of sits of people who RDM and their reason is "he climbswepped me" but theres no way to really track that without video evidence or someone admitting to it; and it technically doesn't do any damage so its not self-defense either. Having it do a small amount of damage would be a simple way to make it easier to track and make this less of a gray area. If it damaged them, they can kill them. It would be treated like a punch. 

Simply removed the punching capabilities of climbswep to fix this abuse issue.

3) Currently something that hasn't been working on DRP since the data-center migration is the ghosted preview of props when looking at a prop with stacker tool, and the outlines of party members. I really liked that while it was on the server. Would suck to see it go away again for good.

That is more than likely gone for optimization reasons with our new update.

4) Could we change the job rules that show up when selecting a class in the F4 menu to match the job rules in f1/!motd? There are some discrepancies that confuse new players. One example of this is the f4 menu saying raiding classes (except lv.1 thief ironically) have a 10 minute cooldown between raiding different bases, and a half hour cooldown for raiding the same base; however the ACTUAL rules are no cooldown for raiding different bases, and 20 minutes for raiding the same base. I have no issues telling people to always get their rules from !motd, but having these match would be ideal to mitigate confusion for new players.

Working on it 😛

5) Venom has a keypad cracker but he's not allowed to use it for some reason. Gets an error in top left and a chat message. 

Fixed

6) What if there was a VIP Gun Dealer class that can sell the donor weapons (Double barrel, Dragon Lore, Browning Auto, etc.) as single use guns (or shipments of them). These guns could be EXTREMELY expensive for the gun dealer to spawn in so that it wouldn't be practical for people to rely on them long term, and people would want to buy them perma after trying them, liking them, and losing them. This is kind of what the Garnet Case does but it would be cool to have a badass VIP gun dealer that can sell really expensive arms like that too. I imagine the high price of the weapons would keep the potent weaponry out of the hands of mass RDMers too because they would be a big investment for something like that. My 1st suggestion on this post would be handy in making sure these guns, and currently expensive stuff in the meta like RPG's don't disappear on people who forget about that quirk. 
I've thought about opening a gunstore that tests this idea by selling stuff from Garnet Crate to players by gifting through the /unbox interface. This would have involved me spending millions on inventory that would likely not sell so I didn't do it lol.

Defeats the purpose of donating for it - simply gives VIPs the added benefit of selling weapons for an inflated price, putting them at an even bigger advantage. Unboxing is too random to be reliable, and it doesn't benefit other players.

• Winner 2