Military RP | Sidearm Overhaul

Bendak

Sidearm Overhaul  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be down for a Sidearm Overhaul

Guest Gildarts
1 hour ago, Bendak said:

Shrimps put it very bluntly, but yeah. The point of this was to make it so people will actually want to use pistols in combat, not just to make things look cool.

I'm talking about on the server, dummy. 

No ones going to use pistols EVER unless they are meming they have ZERO use at all, unless Garnet makes them practically a 1 shot which will never happen. People will use a auto weapon over a pistol at any given time. 

Most people also have MULTIPLE donated weapons so a chance of using a pistol is kinda exnayed on that. Like Ide be for it if Garnet had nothing else to do, but like I said its practically cosmetic no one will use them unless they are memeing or they are a medic; and If I saw some dumb asshole running around with a pistol at ANY TIME, ide probably demote them just like on CS desert with the no sniping with pistols rule.

If you can find me ONE good scenario/example that you would need a Pistol for anything of ACTUAL use I might change my mind.  

+1 I want the PM to come back so I can meme and get kills (and I love the “tewk” noise the PB suppressor makes)

but really as gildarts said, only people gonna use this a re low ranking support so I couldn’t really care too much

Edited by Captainswag

To be honest Im gonna side with Gilfarts here. 

The only people I ever see / saw using pistols have been 2GA PVTs, 11B PV1-2, 1MD PVT/PFC. Even then, by that point when they start climbing ranks, they rely heavily on their primary gun for doing the most damage. 

Pistols primary usage was to get better times on like OC right?? 

Dont think its gonna be a necessity for having  work done to sidearms.

8 hours ago, Bendak said:

want to use pistols in combat,

Even with the changes you proposed in your OP, using pistols in combat isnt viable whatsoever. As per the scenario you provided with medic and RU AK, they're outclassed by majority of the primaries that are already given to basic whitelists. Unless youre using a sniper up close? 

Im not sure what statistics can be changed or not, but in the scenario of healing someone and then transitioning to a gunfight, maybe the draw speed can be increased of the pistol? Its in every basic FPS that you draw your sidearm faster than reloading a primary. Then again, I dont know if it can be changed. 

For now, -1

In real life where I do have experince, any engagement you have known risk factors, you will always try to use a long gun, if it's your shotgun, or your ar 15. Your handgun, which varys by agency, is considered your sidearm, and is only used because you don't have your long gun for a situation. In a war zone, its always known risks, which is why everyone would use a long gun in some form. This is a game, so I can understand if you want to buff certain pistols or nerf them, and I like change. That's just an overview of people who use handgun and rifles everyday.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines