Squad Halos - Suggestion

JoeBudden

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] :

Hey so a couple months back the Squad Halos were taken out for lag reduction I believe but personally for me and most people I talked to it didn't do much better when they were removed? So I guess this is a suggestion to bring them back for the reasons I will be bringing up below. They were super useful for most SOC factions and not disliked by anyone in particular. I am not 100% sure if someone had requested for them to be removed and would understand if there was a reason to not add the back. This is just a couple pointers on why they would be useful if they were to be added back to the current game. Thank you.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]:

-Currently squads have little to no use other than squad chat which is basically team-speak because you are in there with your faction anyways

-The halos are mostly harmless? unless they are proved to provide an increase in lag I wouldn't mind seeing them added back?

-During war it would be easier to locate your teammates and be able to tell when they are in a gun fight even without them having to say anything. (once again communication)

-Also lastly, although it doesn't apply to all factions but for SSO when ever we are running an operation (RP scenarios) where we need to be put into positions and be hidden in trees/bushes etc. it would be super useful to be able to see each other and would greatly increase communication. It would be super useful to know when a fellow squad member is getting kidnapped or during a raid where your squad member is located to do some stealth raids.

-Lastly v2 There has always been an option to turn them off so it's really no harm even if it lags for some people

Overall, I believe this is a harmless suggestion to be added back and something SOC factions can benefit from. I don't think anyone was particularly against halos when they were in or would mind seeing them back.

Edited by BuddenJoe
Another Reasoning*
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, JoeBudden said:

During war it would be easier to locate your teammates and be able to tell when they are in a gun fight even without them having to say anything. (once again communication)

I like making people have to communicate, even the mutes.

• Informative 1
13 minutes ago, shrimp said:

I like making people have to communicate, even the mutes.

In normal war scenarios, I agree with this, albeit with that caveat that sometimes I just don't want to talk.

However, during tryouts it would be useful to see how good someone's movement+positioning is.

Going to +1 this.

28 minutes ago, JoeBudden said:

Currently squads have little to no use other than squad chat which is basically team-speak

19 minutes ago, SkaDoo said:

squads are kinda pointless atm

I really do not see how this would be that helpful. Our server may not be a "serious RP" server, however we still have standards. This function would again take away from the small amount of the role play that exists and if role play is really what the server wants considering these latest suggestions made by shrimp, then this would not be helpful. How about we remove the entire squad function as it serves no purpose and we just use TeamSpeak. That would only be if this suggestion gets denied. If this were to be accepted then Squads would have a function again. 

Edited by AwesomeAidan
  • Cringe 2

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines