Changing the way factions work giving new people a chance

HAREMKING

Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the changes happen?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you voted no are you a member of a faction or just a home faction

• faction
    • home faction and have a donated weapon
    • home faction

Alright so my in game my name is Forrest Gump im in the russian ground forces and i am an SSP ive been playing on the server for a while now and i choose to stay an SSP so i can join a different faction so i wont be stuck doing demo tryouts and marksmen tryouts and having a disadvantage against people with donated  weapons and higher factions because KST is honestly the same as a simple SGT they just have perms to claim land for a couple mins and host tryouts and promote they get no new weapons which is a disadvantage on this server thing is factions are pretty hard to get in ive tried out for every single faction except for frogmen because they barely host tryouts GRU ive got to sniper hill but as discussed GRUs models broke so head glitching on top of GRU mountains easy when you have high ground ended up killing the guy once the other two times he had high ground so he was impossible to see recently they have changed RUOC to ATTC 1 to make it even harder for new people and im pretty sure they probably switched up some other things aswell for SSO ive actually completed the whole tryout but i guess i came on the wrong day because they ended up doing boardwalk as an extra portion because i guess it was "too easy" so i did the boardwalk sim and failed even tho i clapped throughout the other sims for V Gruppa they give you wiki questions which is pretty simple but going against the head of Vympel and beating him you should automatically become Vega because hes too good to even beat and thats like the first sim but honestly i think the hitbox is just broke because you can get the jump on someone but some how youll still die quicker another reason why being stuck in a home faction being kst is a bad idea you wont have any chance against a nail gunner or enemy snipers with a soldier class demo or marksmen no one even uses marksmen they say its for counter sniping but its a 1% chance youll actually out gun someone with a donated sniper or faction sniper besides all 2GA gets stuck guarding the inside of a base while other factions are allowed to flank and push out half the war all i do is sit on corners waiting for people to come through a single doorway or get shot by enemy snipers holding an ak as 2GA trying to push an obj

My idea to change this

Make it so everyone gets a chance to join a faction based on playtime, order following skills, and question answering tests. Because doing sims isnt based on skill its based on luck in garrys mod mainly because the hitbox

If it is sims make it only one sim and no higher only doing 1v1s and or 2v2s with people under the leader of the faction 

Make it so that you can only tryout if your an SHS or higher and give people cool downs you can only do tryouts once everyday

Make it so that doing a 1v1 against a leader of a faction isnt permitted unless your in another faction and want to join 2 factions at once

Make it so that you can only join two factions or higher if your above PVT and JRSGT in your faction and your in game rank 30

well thats my suggestion i feel like this should be the same thing for the US aswell people already in factions or have donated classes might not like it because it equals the playing field but yea it should be fixed somehow even if its not the ways i listed.

Edited by HAREMKING
  • Cringe 11

I actually talked to a certain unnamed someone about the way SOC tryouts work now and how skill-oriented the SOC tryouts are right now. Lot of uninspired tryouts and everything comes off very samey in some sense. Someone every now and then will try something 'no one has ever done before' but it usually turns out to be some mediocre nonsense. I don't really like it, but I'm not really in the position to do anything about it outside of the faction I'm active in, which I am doing something about it.

That being said, get gud.

30 minutes ago, HAREMKING said:

made my suggetions

Wonderful, let's break down each one.

1 hour ago, HAREMKING said:

based on playtime, order following skills, and question answering tests. Because doing sims isnt based on skill its based on luck in garrys mod mainly because the hitbox

Hot take. The 'hitbox' in gmod, especially this server, is a lot better than you think. The server gets put under the most stress during war with all the things happening and can cause the perceived hit registration to drop a little. That being said, the perceived hitreg outside of war, during these sims you seem to have such a problem with tends to be a lot better. There's no contest in arguing that sims aren't skill based. Any server-hopping skid can answer a few questions and follow orders, but SOC groups aren't for anybody.

If it is sims make it only one sim and no higher only doing 1v1s and or 2v2s with people under the leader of the faction 

I think you might have just had a bad experience. It's a pretty poor assumption to assume that the de facto best person in the faction. If you know anything about the history of certain factions, this is far from the truth. When you're trying to gauge the skill of a player, one sim is often not nearly enough.

Make it so that you can only tryout if your an SHS or higher and give people cool downs you can only do tryouts once everyday

Yeah sure, it's pretty to uncommon to see a SOC do more than one tryout in a given day. Rank requirements can be set by a faction leader, but since everybody right now thinks that the health of a faction is determined by their numbers, it's gonna be pretty rare to see.

Make it so that doing a 1v1 against a leader of a faction isnt permitted unless your in another faction and want to join 2 factions at once

Don't quite understand the whole leader thing still, so refer to my previous points.

Make it so that you can only join two factions or higher if your above PVT and JRSGT in your faction and your in game rank 30

JRSGT? Also, in-game rank is pretty worthless when it comes to an RP aspect like joining a faction. This isn't the type of server where players will ever be forcibly restricted to the amount of factions they join. It's pretty rare to see a player hold an active rank in multiple SOC factions anyways, so there's no real need to regulate this.

Basically, your suggestion boils down to 'I don't want to 1v1 a faction leader because I think that's unfair and sims are bullshit', which is a poor case to make on the Public Forums that Most Faction Leaders actively read. 

To reiterate, get gud.

Also, rules:
rnoDXyZ.png

Edited by shrimpus
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 4
15 minutes ago, shrimp said:

Hot take. The 'hitbox' in gmod, especially this server, is a lot better than you think. The server gets put under the most stress during war with all the things happening and can cause the perceived hit registration to drop a little. That being said, the perceived hitreg outside of war, during these sims you seem to have such a problem with tends to be a lot better. There's no contest in arguing that sims aren't skill based. Any server-hopping skid can answer a few questions and follow orders, but SOC groups aren't for anybody.

I think you might have just had a bad experience. It's a pretty poor assumption to assume that the de facto best person in the faction. If you know anything about the history of certain factions, this is far from the truth. When you're trying to gauge the skill of a player, one sim is often not nearly enough.

Yeah sure, it's pretty to uncommon to see a SOC do more than one tryout in a given day. Rank requirements can be set by a faction leader, but since everybody right now thinks that the health of a faction is determined by their numbers, it's gonna be pretty rare to see.

Don't quite understand the whole leader thing still, so refer to my previous points.

JRSGT? Also, in-game rank is pretty worthless when it comes to an RP aspect like joining a faction. This isn't the type of server where players will ever be forcibly restricted to the amount of factions they join. It's pretty rare to see a player hold an active rank in multiple SOC factions anyways, so there's no real need to regulate this.

Basically, your suggestion boils down to 'I don't want to 1v1 a faction leader because I think that's unfair and sims are bullshit', which is a poor case to make on the Public Forums that Most Faction Leaders actively read. 

To reiterate, get gud.

Also, rules:
rnoDXyZ.png

i mean at this point i wouldnt really care if i got faction blacklisted since ive tried out for each one multiple times and learned that there all bullshit when it comes to tryouts and ive already said that most people already in factions and people with donated weapons wouldnt like changes since it would fix the disadvantage in war its not about if i have to 1v1 one of the leaders or not its about fixing the disadvantage in war against home factions and people with higher tier factions making it easier for people to get into factions based on something else other then what it is now more then one 1v1 shouldnt be a thing because thats based on luck i could whip a kid another time in a 1v1 and lose to him the next time its if you can get lucky enough to beat 4 people in a 1v1 in a row its make no sense and its funny because i did beat 3 people in 1v1s in a row but like i said they changed it the next day and added 4 to make it even more about luck like you can say whatever you want but to a person trying to have fun on the server without money its not fun

7 minutes ago, HAREMKING said:

making it easier for people to get into factions based on something else other then what it is now

Everything about the process of joining a faction is up to its leader. Based on the understanding given to me by the presiding superadmin, I want you to think about it like this; You're not joining a faction, you're joining a friend group. The leader can alter their tryouts on the spot or not do one at all if they want you in. If they don't, well good luck. If they don't like you, or know anything about you, they're going to make it significantly harder to get in, in which case you have to prove how valuable you are. I think it's not a good system too, but there's no use in complaining about it. Take your talents elsewhere if you're 'clapping' all these SOC guys. 

• Like 2

Okay, where to begin. 

First, sims are definitely skill based, if you can't aim you aren't good. As well you need good tactics it's a mixture of mental and physical skills. The whole point of a sim is to see their skills in combat and if we can't do that how else can we see that players skills in combat.

Second, the leaders of the SOC faction make the tryouts with the help of their officers and enlisted, I don't see a point to change that make make it required to take someone in if they are a certain rank, level, or have a certain amount of playtime. Also there shouldn't be a rule that makes the leader unable to sim in THEIR OWN tryouts.

Lastly, dual factioning is a big no-no and the point of joining a SOC faction is to main that faction. 

As a side note you noted the GRU models, here is a suggestion I put to change them and make the fair and balanced. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, HAREMKING said:

-snip-

"Make it so everyone gets a chance to join a faction based on playtime, order following skills, and question answering tests. Because doing sims isnt based on skill its based on luck in garrys mod mainly because the hitbox"

So you want SOF factions to be glorified base factions? The  following orders and  question portions and are meant to weed out people who don't pay attention. 

I'd also like to point out, for our tryouts, you can't use donor weapons. Not sure if that's the same for all faction tryouts though.

Edited by Praetor_Don
sentence formatting
6 hours ago, shrimp said:

Ha, I love seeing how he does this on most suggestions

needless to say -1 even someone like me who had to try out 18 times before getting into GRU still didn’t complain about “oh the leader has thousands of hours and was a tier 1 player” (it was br0ken) I kept going and I eventually learned how to fight in those sims and I got in, so if you want to actually get into a SOC, then you might just wanna get good at combat rather than go on forums and basically ask the server members to make their tryouts easier

Honestly I thought I had autism reading this post.... I feel like your complaining because you can’t pass a tryout, 

would also recommend taking the poll out, feels like your fishing for people to agree with you

Edited by AustinDatDude

-1 SOC factions can do whatever they want in the tryout and it’s their decision to do whatever they want. This whole post just makes you seem mad about failing a SOC faction tryout so you just made this. Also if this is Forrest Gump I believe you PMed me complaining about SSO tryouts and how they should be easier, imma guess that’s why you made this post.

This post is pointless, if you are good enough and you get to know how a certain faction works then youll have a better chance. if you fail a tryout, Practice the certain thing that you failed on. Factions host sims all the time and love to help people improve. Please dont post something like this again, this was completely pointles.

7 hours ago, HAREMKING said:

i mean at this point i wouldnt really care if i got faction blacklisted since ive tried out for each one multiple times and learned that there all bullshit when it comes to tryouts and ive already said that most people already in factions and people with donated weapons wouldnt like changes since it would fix the disadvantage in war its not about if i have to 1v1 one of the leaders or not its about fixing the disadvantage in war against home factions and people with higher tier factions making it easier for people to get into factions based on something else other then what it is now more then one 1v1 shouldnt be a thing because thats based on luck i could whip a kid another time in a 1v1 and lose to him the next time its if you can get lucky enough to beat 4 people in a 1v1 in a row its make no sense and its funny because i did beat 3 people in 1v1s in a row but like i said they changed it the next day and added 4 to make it even more about luck like you can say whatever you want but to a person trying to have fun on the server without money its not fun

Soc factions make you use the faction classes buddy. 

• Cringe 1