Regret's Staff App

In-game name: MARSOC MGySgt Regret (Some might know me as SkaDoo)

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:91564367

Warns: One for FailRP it was an accident and was very mutual. Another one for RDM someone played a prank on me and ran right up next to base 3 seconds after the war ended and threw a smoke and I shot him. 

Timezone: Central Daylight Time

Playtime?: | MARSOC MGySgt Romeo has played for 1781:24:40. AFK’d on delta a bit so 

maybe 400 hours aren’t really me playing

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]: YES

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]: None

Past experiences as staff: [Optional]: Was a Moderator on another server

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]: I think I would benefit the server because I know how to communicate and talk to the type of people that get pulled into sits (Minges, Trollers, etc.). I also have a pretty good sense to tell when someone is lying or not. If I became staff I wouldn’t have a prejudice against or for people. I want to become staff because I see the declining of people and staff working together as a solid unit. I think that decline is happening because of lack of staff members trying their hardest, that’s why I’ll try my hardest to fix the deteriorating relationship between staff and players. US needs to have more of a say in things so someone applying for staff who mains US would I think help out more. 

As someone part of Marines and SSO I think I’m well qualified to help out new players in situations. When I get pulled into sits or situations in real life, I’m always honest as honest could be. Also whenever I’m in a sit I try to listen to the other player and try to put myself in their shoes to understand their situation. I always lead by example so I can make sure that everyone else knows A. How to have a good time and B. How to behave. I have a pretty positive attitude but people who know me know I can be serious when it comes to it. I hope you could let me into the community as a new staff member. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP?: I have been banned for hacking. I don’t want to re hatch the argument, I know that it might affect my staff app but please try not to say too much about the situation. 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have not

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: At least 5 hours per day, but I’m usually on longer than that. Just sometimes during the week I’ll be at wrestling practice which won’t interfere much. 

Edited by RegretAlt
  • Cringe 1

Age [minimum 15 y/o]:

19 minutes ago, RegretTheManEater said:

Promise doesn't do much. You need approval from Manager+ to bypass the Age Requirement. Unless Draggy or Gildarts can confirm that you have approval, this should be moved and locked. -1, regardless even if you did get approval. You're by no means mature and quite frankly based on the way you handled being banned for cheating, you're by no means fit for staff.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2
7 minutes ago, Pencil said:

Promise doesn't do much. You need approval from Manager+ to bypass the Age Requirement. Unless Draggy or Gildarts can confirm that you have approval, this should be moved and locked.

Yes, sorry I talked to Viva about it

I'm trying to get approval but no one is on currently to give me the permission

Is it alright if I wait for Gildarts/Garnet to respond to my PM?

1 hour ago, RegretTheManEater said:

I also have a pretty good sense to tell when someone is lying or not. 

This is a red flag for me already. Your ability to “sense” if someone is lying is absolutely misleading. First of all, everything reported needs to be backed up by undeniable evidence, not what you’re “sensing”. Logs are the tool that quite literally tell you if someone is lying or not. 

I want to become staff because I see the declining of people and staff working together as a solid unit.  

This isn’t always a bad thing. Staff involvement should be at a bare minimum and most situations should be handled in game. I’m not sure what you mean by staff and players working together as a “unit”, because they don’t. Staff are a separate entity to maintain the server rules and standards amongst the players. Anyone breaking those rules are doubtful to “work with the staff” regardless. 

US needs to have more of a say in things so someone applying for staff who mains US would I think help out more. 

This is very poor reasoning as to why you should become staff. This statement feels like more of a fall back if anything. Saying as the SA was on US, off reserves, a couple of days ago, I would say that US probably has a lot of say. Speaking of which, this isn’t really a valid point either saying as the staff aren’t deciding on things as a collective. They aren’t deciding on suggestions together, they aren’t deciding anything server changing for either side, and minimal cross examination goes into reports/appeals. Point being, there isn’t a need for staff from one side or the other. 

As someone part of Marines and SSO I think I’m well qualified to help out new players in situations. 

Not seeing one bit of correlation between the two at all. Half of the factions are handpicked, too easy, or just plain poorly directed all around.

If someone gets onto the server and passes a tryout in their first half hour of playtime, that doesn’t mean they’re qualified to help anyone out. 

Your qualifications come from your experience. Which is why as a 2GA PVT, I can confidently say I have more “qualifications” to teach the new guys the ropes than you do. 

When I get pulled into sits or situations in real life, I’m always honest as honest could be. 

Excuse me?

First of all, a sit in real life is a courtroom. 

Secondly, why would I take your word for it? You telling us that you’re “as honest as could be” could literally be a lie. One other thing, if you’re getting pulled into situations in real life on a regular basis, then that makes me question your credibility even further.

I always lead by example so I can make sure that everyone else knows A. How to have a good time and B. How to behave. 

If you always lead by example, then you wouldn’t have those couple of warns on your belt. Going back on this point to my previous statement, this is making me question your “impeccable honesty”. 

I have a pretty positive attitude but people who know me know I can be serious when it comes to it. 

You sure? 

1 hour ago, Pencil said:

You're by no means mature and quite frankly based on the way you handled being banned for cheating, you're by no means fit for staff.

I’ve known Pencil for a while now, and I know he sees things how they are. I trust his word over yours because of his experience.

I have been banned for hacking. I don’t want to re hatch the argument

Instead of rehatching an “argument” about your ban and encouraging nobody to talk about it, I think you should rehatch a constructive and open discussion about it. 

I don’t entirely know what happened with your ban, but you should be open and honest about it. It happened, so own up to it. It looks real bad when you try to dodge history that may reveal vital information that could influence community vote. 

Edited by {GG} Bishopil
25 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Having a previously banned cheater on the staff team in itself leaves a bad impression. Also, if this were to be accepted it would show just how far the standards could drop. One being that you applied without permission and encouraged people to trust you and secondly like I already mentioned you are a previously banned cheater. 

With jackals statement, although i think ur a great guy to hang with and chill with and you haven't been really mingey lately. I still look at the fact that you were banned for cheating which should automatically not allow you to apply but that isnt a rule. -1

7 hours ago, ViziiVfx said:

With jackals statement, although i think ur a great guy to hang with and chill with and you haven't been really mingey lately. I still look at the fact that you were banned for cheating which should automatically not allow you to apply but that isnt a rule. -1

I understand your reasoning but I think me being banned previously doesn’t have much translation as to if I’d be a good staff member. But, I do see how having a previously banned player would leave a bad impression like jackal said.

16 hours ago, Jackal said:

Having a previously banned cheater on the staff team in itself leaves a bad impression. Also, if this were to be accepted it would show just how far the standards could drop. One being that you applied without permission and encouraged people to trust you and secondly like I already mentioned you are a previously banned cheater. 

18 hours ago, Pencil said:

Promise doesn't do much. You need approval from Manager+ to bypass the Age Requirement. Unless Draggy or Gildarts can confirm that you have approval, this should be moved and locked. -1, regardless even if you did get approval. You're by no means mature and quite frankly based on the way you handled being banned for cheating, you're by no means fit for staff.

17 hours ago, Bishopil said:

This is a red flag for me already. Your ability to “sense” if someone is lying is absolutely misleading. First of all, everything reported needs to be backed up by undeniable evidence, not what you’re “sensing”. Logs are the tool that quite literally tell you if someone is lying or not. 

This isn’t always a bad thing. Staff involvement should be at a bare minimum and most situations should be handled in game. I’m not sure what you mean by staff and players working together as a “unit”, because they don’t. Staff are a separate entity to maintain the server rules and standards amongst the players. Anyone breaking those rules are doubtful to “work with the staff” regardless. 

This is very poor reasoning as to why you should become staff. This statement feels like more of a fall back if anything. Saying as the SA was on US, off reserves, a couple of days ago, I would say that US probably has a lot of say. Speaking of which, this isn’t really a valid point either saying as the staff aren’t deciding on things as a collective. They aren’t deciding on suggestions together, they aren’t deciding anything server changing for either side, and minimal cross examination goes into reports/appeals. Point being, there isn’t a need for staff from one side or the other. 

Not seeing one bit of correlation between the two at all. Half of the factions are handpicked, too easy, or just plain poorly directed all around.

If someone gets onto the server and passes a tryout in their first half hour of playtime, that doesn’t mean they’re qualified to help anyone out. 

Your qualifications come from your experience. Which is why as a 2GA PVT, I can confidently say I have more “qualifications” to teach the new guys the ropes than you do. 

Excuse me?

First of all, a sit in real life is a courtroom. 

Secondly, why would I take your word for it? You telling us that you’re “as honest as could be” could literally be a lie. One other thing, if you’re getting pulled into situations in real life on a regular basis, then that makes me question your credibility even further.

If you always lead by example, then you wouldn’t have those couple of warns on your belt. Going back on this point to my previous statement, this is making me question your “impeccable honesty”. 

You sure? 

I’ve known Pencil for a while now, and I know he sees things how they are. I trust his word over yours because of his experience.

Instead of rehatching an “argument” about your ban and encouraging nobody to talk about it, I think you should rehatch a constructive and open discussion about it. 

I don’t entirely know what happened with your ban, but you should be open and honest about it. It happened, so own up to it. It looks real bad when you try to dodge history that may reveal vital information that could influence community vote. 

-1, For all the reasons stated above ^. Sorry regret you're a good guy, but they make valid points and Truth>Bias.

On December 11, 2019 at 7:10 PM, RegretTheManEater said:

In-game name: MARSOC MGySgt Regret (Some might know me as SkaDoo)

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:91564367

Warns: One for FailRP it was an accident and was very mutual. Another one for RDM someone played a prank on me and ran right up next to base 3 seconds after the war ended and threw a smoke and I shot him. 

Timezone: Central Daylight Time

Playtime?: | MARSOC MGySgt Romeo has played for 1781:24:40. AFK’d on delta a bit so 

maybe 400 hours aren’t really me playing

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]: YES

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]: None

Past experiences as staff: [Optional]: Was a Moderator on another server

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]: I think I would benefit the server because I know how to communicate and talk to the type of people that get pulled into sits (Minges, Trollers, etc.). I also have a pretty good sense to tell when someone is lying or not. If I became staff I wouldn’t have a prejudice against or for people. I want to become staff because I see the declining of people and staff working together as a solid unit. I think that decline is happening because of lack of staff members trying their hardest, that’s why I’ll try my hardest to fix the deteriorating relationship between staff and players. US needs to have more of a say in things so someone applying for staff who mains US would I think help out more. 

As someone part of Marines and SSO I think I’m well qualified to help out new players in situations. When I get pulled into sits or situations in real life, I’m always honest as honest could be. Also whenever I’m in a sit I try to listen to the other player and try to put myself in their shoes to understand their situation. I always lead by example so I can make sure that everyone else knows A. How to have a good time and B. How to behave. I have a pretty positive attitude but people who know me know I can be serious when it comes to it. I hope you could let me into the community as a new staff member. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP?: I have been banned for hacking. I don’t want to re hatch the argument, I know that it might affect my staff app but please try not to say too much about the situation. 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have not

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: At least 5 hours per day, but I’m usually on longer than that. Just sometimes during the week I’ll be at wrestling practice which won’t interfere much. 

I see a lot of problems in this application! I don't know where to start. Fix your grammar also there's a age requirement which you don't meet unfortunately I'm going to have to say -1

-1. Your signature literally has "banned for cheating on MRP". You are also under the required age.

And based on your attitude from after the ban-wipe (and prior to the ban-wipe, as well), I do not believe you are capable of fulfilling staff duties in a professional manner. Not a good image for the staff team.