Prestige Weapon Skins

Nutter

+1 I feel like this gives more of an incentive to players who have prestiged in game instead of just 5 more defense or more damage. But, there’s also a thing in the game files itself to already give yourself a skin on your gun, I don’t know how to do it but I’ve heard and seen other players that use it. I would like to also see this as maybe something that can be in the donation store.

• Community Director

+1 It sounds like a very good suggestion however, I see only one flaw. You can download skins client sided for your guns, straight from the workshop. A lot of people already do it, and it's really easy. 

• Cringe 1
  • Informative 1
2 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

+1 It sounds like a very good suggestion however, I see only one flaw. You can download skins client sided for your guns, straight from the workshop. A lot of people already do it, and it's really easy. 

Regardless of the fact that people already do it

I think it's a pretty nice touch and option for simps like myself to be able to have access to.
+1

I'd do some tweaking to the leveling system itself before I started adding incentives to hit prestige levels. Currently you only have 100xp per war kill, the timed 100xp tick, and the rewards which are few and far between aside from the Referral links. 

The other day I mentioned in the TS channel when you were mapping that making it to where a streak of kills might grant you a decent amount of xp. I was also thinking it may be effective to make xp scale with level in some way. At x level you may get more xp per kill during war. Just suggestions to the levels themselves.

As for the prestige skin idea, I think it's a nice idea in itself, although if it were only the base faction weapons that are given the special skins, that would essentially mean they'd have to play on the 2GA whitelist or Army whitelist to use their weapon skin.

And as Conway said 

11 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

Overall though, I do feel like its a step in the right direction to make prestige a more rewarding thing to do.

• Like 1

+1 

This is a pretty straight forward addition that would add more incentive to level up. If you need help with the weapon textures, i would hit up @Im Dream. I know he already has some in stock.

1 hour ago, Milton said:

I was also thinking it may be effective to make xp scale with level in some way. At x level you may get more xp per kill during war. Just suggestions to the levels themselves.

Garnet has already tried to implement something like this in September but has not been able to for some unknown reason. What it would have done is given more XP for a higher level person you killed. I do not really like the idea you described, as it would kinda defeat the purpose of leveling up if every level was as easy as the last level. The system that Garnet would have implemented would have basically given you more XP for killing a more experienced player. This is the link to the leveling system that was made in September but was not implemented. It's sad that this system was not put into the server, but I am sure Garnet has a good reason for that. Sorry for steering off topic a bit here.

Edited by AwesomeAidan

+1

Gives players a drive to prestige meaning that they’ll participate in war more, meaning both sides should have at least 95% of people participating more, rather than just sitting out.

We should also look more into getting other kinds of rewards when reaching prestige ranks, but this is a good start.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines