DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Salz's Staff Application.

hysteria

In-game name: GRU JSGT hirohito/setogaya
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 16
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:35503671
Warns: 1 from October that happened while I was gone so I have no clue what happened.
Timezone: EST
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | GRU JSGT Setogaya has played for 1571:31:42.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] N/A
Past experiences as staff: I was Staff for another MRP server, I staffed for some various GMOD murder servers, and co-owned some minecraft servers way back.
How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

So I have been playing GGMRP for a while now and one thing that I have noticed in staff members is for them to become stressed/overwhelmed with over how many sits they receive and have to take, and well one might say "well how are you(Salz) any different from others applying?" and that would be my flexibility, availability, connections, and my work ethic. Due to my extensive amount of time on the server I have grown to be more and more proficient in solving problems and issues very quickly and efficiently that occur on the server. I have been in most factions on the server besides Vega and SSO and I have been able to solve many players' technical problems and issues/predicaments that they have with other players in order to reach a conclusion. I have the ability to play for most of the night after school and on the weekends making so that I will be able to take as many sits and solve in game issues that I can.

I have both connections and information about both Russia and the United States so I will be able to have a better understanding of what is going on in case of a country issue or a faction issue. I also believe that I have made myself very known to most players on GGMRP and have built up a good reputation so that players will be confident and entrusting with me handling and resolving their issues/problems efficiently no matter what that issue/problem entails. I try to treat all members with respect so that they feel comfortable and welcome on the server and with me as a person and a player. I love GGMRP and I want to make sure that the server is fun and enjoyable for all that come here and by becoming staff I can help out those who are not only new on GGMRP, but also those that have been playing for a while so that all players can enjoy GGMRP.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details: I have never once been banned on GGMRP.
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Last one was August 19, 2019
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Most days of the week for about 3-4 hours+

Edited by Salz
  • Creative 2
  • Community Director

-1 Back when you played US you were very immature and kind of mingey, recently started playing RU more and I still see many of these behaviors. You're active and funny in game, but I can't give you a plus one for being active and funny. You need to change your mannerisms and behavior. As well I would tone down your comments in OOC. 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 2

I've known you for a while now and have seen you change over the months in many different ways. Just today we were in TS with someone being toxic to you and you keeping your cool, and you can be very mature when called upon (Even if you can get a bit heated, but who doesn't?)

I do think you should have waited a bit before applying, but you have been extremely active and fixing up your act quickly.

+1

• Agree 2
On 1/20/2020 at 2:04 PM, Alex Conway said:

-1 Back when you played US you were very immature and kind of mingey, recently started playing RU more and I still see many of these behaviors. You're active and funny in game, but I can't give you a plus one for being active and funny. You need to change your mannerisms and behavior. As well I would tone down your comments in OOC. 

ugh. I hate having to say this, but i agree with Conway.

honestly, salz your my good friend. But I feel like you and staff don't sound good together. I think your funny and chill to be around, but i do not think you've hit the level of maturity that staff requires. Overall, i think your great, but I dont think staff is in your horizon quite yet. I would improve, then Im 100% gonna +1 and you will most likely be accepted.

• Friendly 1
  • Agree 2

-1 You were pretty mingey on the US side, I can't say how you are on RU due to the fact I rarely play RU however I personally do not see you playing that much or integrating with the rest of the community at all. Also would like to point out the ratio of GRU +1ing compared to non GRU.

Edited by Jake
  • 300 IQ 1
13 minutes ago, Jake said:

Also would like to point out the ratio of GRU +1ing compared to non GRU.

too add on to this. (again I dont mean to flame you salz. I hope we can still be friends after this). I think the fact that two GRU members responding within minutes of each other is a little strange. As Im sure salz knows, you cannot promote your staff application in any circumstance. I remember when I applied Ethan yelled at me (when did he not?) for telling the 3 members of SSO to check out my staff app. I still wish you luck, but because of all the -1 that are just flowing in. Im worried.

10 minutes ago, Ting said:

I think the fact that two GRU members responding within minutes of each other is a little strange.

It’s a trend with the current GRU to back each other up no matter what, I understand most factions do but I won’t really +1 or -1 an app created by a friend or a fellow faction member, if I did +1/-1 it I’d be one of the last to do so though.  Also if you see the people that disagreed with Conway (with the disagree reaction) 5/6 were GRU. 

Salz, -1 From me, before you were in GRU, you left a very bad mark in my mind of who you are. There was some controversy going on between you and another server member, which caused quite a stir and therefore I don’t think you should have staff.

1 hour ago, Captainswag said:

It’s a trend with the current GRU to back each other up no matter what

Not just GRU, just kind of a general community stipulation older than time. When it comes to considering someone for staff, usually, the opinions of people related to the applicant are generally ignored.

1 hour ago, Captainswag said:

controversy going on between you and another server member

People have their ups and downs, and for a player with 1500 hours, it's more likely than not that the player will have a blemish on their track record of some degree. 

That being said, there is one issue that's been glaring me in the face since I read the app a few hours ago.

On 1/19/2020 at 9:03 PM, Salz said:

So I have been playing GGMRP for a while now and one thing that I have noticed in staff members is for them to become stressed/overwhelmed with over how many sits they receive and have to take

Are you sure this is a claim you want to make?  For most of MRP's history, there's actually been a lasting complaint about the sit quota system, and the lack of sits associated with it. Even in recent history, I've seen staff hold off on banning an active MRDM'er until someone reported it, just for the sit count. What the staff team could really use right now is some critical thinkers, and decision makers. If you're applying to be a sit-taker, we already have plenty of those. You can't really be better at making a decision in a black and white scenario than anybody else, because the rules are pretty clearly stated in most cases. The problem arises with the bold statement that you have better decision making skills than most other players which, according to certain detractors in this thread, isn't necessarily the best. The last thing we need right now is another staff member promoting a poor and unprofessional image, or only enforcing the rules when it works in their own favor.

Edited by shrimpus
  • Agree 5

Denied

As old a player as you are, the community doesn't seem to know you all that well. Your behavior in OOC in game can be pretty toxic. I think you should work on your image before reapplying. You have a dodgy past activity wise as well. Please refrain from applying for 2 weeks, take that time to fix your image to the community.

@Alex Conway Lock and move please~