[MRP] Attachments (but more.)

shrimp

Description: Hey, me again. It's another one of my many threads about adding an attachment or two to a gun that needs it, but this time, it's more so about increasing the potential and variety of the suggestions I can make and more specifically, the attachments that I add as part of my ongoing passion project to delve deeper into the manipulation of CW weapons and by extension; the improvement of the server. Today I'd like to talk about a certain addon that's been on my wish list for quite a while: The (Unsupported) HK416. What's important to note about this addon in particular is that it's not just another SWEP that can be tagged onto a class or donor page, but a metric boatload of attachments that can be put all over the goddamn place in order to create entirely new variants of weapons from the mash of things we already have on the server. CMAG's, rail covers, actual backup sights, and two very important sights: The EOtech 3x, and the Leupold MK4.

Reasoning: For one, I'd like to implement a lot of the attachments unique to the addon on a very broad scale. Certain White Snow SWEPs (JNG-90, PPSH, etc.) already utilize some of these attachments. The aforementioned important sights, will allow some very neat things to happen that I'd have a hard time replicating without the actual addon. The Leupold has a rangefinder built into the scope itself, which would add a functional distance element for complex callouts, allowing both the bearing system and a rangefinder function to work in conjunction for good callouts. The EOtech 3x is a magnifier version of the backup sight, with the additional feature of it stacking with a normal optic, like a reflex sight. This would basically allow for typical rifles to rapidly change zoom during combat to compensate for variable distance, and give more use to the weapons at extended ranges.

Additional Information: 
Here's a link to the addon.

And here's a brief image of the attachments:
QRet2a0.jpg

TL;DR: This addon will add a lot of attachments that I would very much like to get goofy with and experiment, as well as add to weapons currently on the server. 

Edited by shrimpus
  • Agree 8

+1 

this is a great idea to bring to the table. Having a meta on a server is always going to happen, however this gun and vast amount of attachments would bring change to the server and allow a change of play styles. This way you can do new things and maybe change how wars are played out as the enemy may have a counter. 

• 2 months later...