DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Vending machines

D_Rose

the addition of the vending machines back in US and RU base.

Unfortunately i do not have screenshots of the old vending machine.

There isn't much use on server for our in-game money.  Adding the vending machines back would give players the opportunity to use their in-game cash for certain donor weapons before they actually consider buying them. Players could buy the weapons with the in-game cash giving the cash more of a use with also getting the benefit of getting to use donor weapons that they either don't have the money for or just want to test something out. This will also give the in-game money more of a value to players even though there is no Duel NPC people can do sims for the in-game money with bets.   With the addition of the vending machines this time though, would probably be best without any sort of jump boosts or health boosts, just the weapons or throwables such as grenades or smoke grenades. But as i said i feel this would be a good addition giving more use for the in-game cash that we have.

• Friendly 1
  • Disagree 4

Was going to Instantly -1 due to the fact that In my opinion, The Vending machines were absolute aids.

But your idea to implement them as a way to test out donor weapons before buying them is actually a pretty great idea.

Imma go ahead and say +1

-1 more donation weapons will be added to the credit menu as well as a lot of weapons not in the donation pool so this would be useless. Also the fact that in-game money would be worth something is also false. We had the machines back on v3 and Delta and money was still 1 USD for every 10k. Money has not changed with the addition or loss of machines and credits. People just aren't interested in cash at the moment. Now maybe interest would spike back up but we have credits that give you 5k every 10 hours and it pays for itself. So people probably would just go for credit money instead of trading for donators. 

21 minutes ago, Gamma said:

-1 more donation weapons will be added to the credit menu as well as a lot of weapons not in the donation pool so this would be useless. Also the fact that in-game money would be worth something is also false. We had the machines back on v3 and Delta and money was still 1 USD for every 10k. Money has not changed with the addition or loss of machines and credits. People just aren't interested in cash at the moment. Now maybe interest would spike back up but we have credits that give you 5k every 10 hours and it pays for itself. So people probably would just go for credit money instead of trading for donators. 

i meant as in people using it more because with credits yeah you can buy cash but different weapons could be added to credit menu as well as vending machines so that people would use them.

36 minutes ago, Gamma said:

We had the machines back on v3 and Delta and money was still 1 USD for every 10k.

I think the premise of "worth" in this case isn't Actual Monetary value, but more of What can be done with the money in game.

• Agree 3

+1 to the idea of adding something that uses money. -1 To the way vending machines were on delta for the little while they were added. Adding some sort of weapon system or maybe smoke/flash grenades would be useful. Money right now is absolutely useless other than having a large amount to flex. If not vending machines something should be added as a money sink.

Edited by JoeBudden
  • Like 1

I'll be taking a look into a few things in the coming days/weeks and try to get the money dilemma sorted out for good in a way that doesn't fuck up war balancing or progression. I've got some ideas already, so stay tuned.

As far as vending machines on server, probably not gonna happen. The problem with making donor weapons temporarily purchasable is that some players have such an abundance of money from Shuga incidents or just sticking around for so long that they can essentially get perma weapons for in-game money, without making a donation to the server.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...