Wire Frame Fences

Cameron

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

Allow for the use of the wireframe material on fences

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

Purely aesthetic and are actually more see through than the standard fence material

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

Boring 

hWrSI2y.png

Pleasing

BVJhbWE.png

Again, I had just had you fix this. There's ways to exploit wireframe and other materials. When it was first removed, a lot of the staff complained and campaigned to allow it but it never succeeded. We'll have to see what the supers think about this. My vote is -1.

• Informative 1
Just now, Entity said:

There's ways to exploit wireframe and other materials.

If you could explain how one could exploit a wireframe material that would be appreciated if one person could exploit one material they should be able to exploit all materials. A lot of servers allow materialization on fences as long as you can see through them sorry I just dont see how it would hurt anyone.

I've seen it manipulated with stacking and other things that essentially make it a one way material. Many users add props on top of the fences to deflect bullets and then stack another fading door on said prop. Many materials also allow for a similar issue when they're compounded. Currently, it's a level playing field with no chance of manipulation so I'm going to need to -1.

• Informative 2
1 minute ago, ZachDLC said:

Many users add props on top of the fences to deflect bullets and then stack another fading door on said prop

This shouldnt be the materials issue more the model itself and why not ban 1 way props if thats the issue? 

On 1/31/2020 at 9:51 AM, ZachDLC said:

I've seen it manipulated with stacking and other things that essentially make it a one way material. Many users add props on top of the fences to deflect bullets and then stack another fading door on said prop. Many materials also allow for a similar issue when they're compounded. Currently, it's a level playing field with no chance of manipulation so I'm going to need to -1.

I've seen people do this with regular, unmaterialized fences too, so I'm not sure this opinion holds up. 

Personally, +1.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Garnet has already removed the exploit of these one way fences, with his own colour addon. And having just the normal chain link fences don't seem fun, it would be much better to at least have wireframe.

+1

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Accepted,

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.

• Winner 1