Azaziel's-moderator application

azzaziel

In-game name: it is Azaziel

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_1:0:78948663

Warns: I do understand that I have 0 Warns but I may have gotten a few back before I was level 20.

Timezone: EST

Playtime?:| azaziel has played for 299:11:54.00

Do you have access to Team Speak and a microphone?: No, I do not have team speak nor a mic as I am under the age in my state to get a job I do not have the money to buy it when I can buy Teamspeak and a mic I will. I do not want to ask my parents for money for an app since I do not like asking for money.

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes I use Metal (link here: https://medal.tv/download?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=agnostic&ref=bing_agnostic&msclkid=71b32b69243211bdfa707555954736ac)

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Vaelex

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I have never done admin service for garnet gaming before but I have been an admin for a sandbox server know as Emperor Network or EPN.

Why should we choose you over other applicants

Hello! I am wanting to become an admin for Garnet gaming. Here are a few reasons I think I am applicable for this position. I do have a history with being an admin for a server Called EPN. I also wish to be and because I am fair to everybody I do not hold a bias to anyone. I do wish to be an admin because that I do enjoy Garnet Gaming and I have been wanting to be an admin for a while. Other members of the community have also suggested to me to become an admin. Another reason is that Garnet Gaming has a lack of admins and they need more people to fill the roles of the admins.

I want to be an admin so I can help people. Also, this is not the main reason it is just a plus I do want the VIP offer that was said to be given to people who sign up for admin or moderator. That wraps this up what I have to say sorry if this is short I did not think of many other reasons that would not make me repeat myself.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

No, I have never been banned or punished maybe jailed once a few months ago.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Never before

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I will attempt to do an hour of duty a week.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Well, I do enjoy creating building small video games. I do also enjoy playing the piano. also anime LOT OF ANIME

Sorry if it seems all over the place I am A.D.D meaning jump from topic to topic I will attempt to avoid this, however.))

Edited by azzaziel
fixing a few grammar errors

Hard to understand a lot of your application because the grammar is all over the place. Also when it asks you how much time you have to contribute it means give an estimate of how many hours a day you think you'll be able to get onto the server for. 

Paragraphs are generic and bland. Not much detail or good reason for being a staff

you have good hours and a good referral yet your paragraphs lack a lot. maybe rewrite them? theyre too small and we want to know what you can bring to garnet as a staff member

im going to stay neutral but my opinion may change if he listens to the feedback given.

Quite a lot of things wrong with the app.

Exact playtime needs to be listed. Use /playtime (name) in game to find your exact playtime. 

You don't have access to teamspeak, a mic, or both? It's unclear. You need to have teamspeak to communicate with the rest of the staff team, and the sooner you get a mic the better (though not necissary).

Can't record Gmod videos? Shadowplay and OBS do exist, as well as alternatives such as Medal.Tv and whatnot. There's already a clear lack of readiness for the staff position. 

Big does not mean good. You making your paragraphs a proportionally bigger font than the rest of your app doesn't look good. It just shows laziness, as you give off the illusion you have written more. On the topic of writing: you have exactly 9 sentences, if you could even call them sentences. All you say is "I have friends on the server" and "I will be a good admin". You also talk about suggestions - yet a user can suggest things for the server. This argument is always used in weaker applications, as you are listing something a user could and should already be doing. 

The fact you can't understand the question "How much time can you contribute to this role" doesn't look great either. 

You didn't even finish the format. You're missing something at the bottom of your application. Yet another red flag

Your application is RIDDLED with gramatical errors, spelling errors, capitalization and punctuation errors. This is especially detremental as you state you don't have a microphone. Staff typing is already slow as it is. I don't want a typing staff member who can't type a coherent sentence solving sits on DarkRP.

You need to put serious work into your app. Simply having friends and being "good at suggestions" doesn't make you a candidate. That's all the qualities a user should have. Even if you fix your application, my -1 will stay. I genuinely think you need more time to adjust to the server and learn what the staff team expects from applicants. 

Edit: You just edited your app as I replied, and I cannot say that it's for the better. "Bye Luci I'm watching you owo". Why would you ever feel the need to put that in an application? Ever? Yes, I'll give you credit: you did make the paragraphs longer! But the content in them is just as bad, if not worse. I cannot follow a single thought you put down as it's constantly changing from sentence to sentence, and the thoughts being put down are incoherent and irrelevant. Sorry, but you aren't ready for staff. 

Edited by eXg-Buddha
  • Agree 1
29 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

Quite a lot of things wrong with the app.

Exact playtime needs to be listed. Use /playtime (name) in game to find your exact playtime. 

You don't have access to teamspeak, a mic, or both? It's unclear. You need to have teamspeak to communicate with the rest of the staff team, and the sooner you get a mic the better (though not necissary).

Can't record Gmod videos? Shadowplay and OBS do exist, as well as alternatives such as Medal.Tv and whatnot. There's already a clear lack of readiness for the staff position. 

Big does not mean good. You making your paragraphs a proportionally bigger font than the rest of your app doesn't look good. It just shows laziness, as you give off the illusion you have written more. On the topic of writing: you have exactly 9 sentences, if you could even call them sentences. All you say is "I have friends on the server" and "I will be a good admin". You also talk about suggestions - yet a user can suggest things for the server. This argument is always used in weaker applications, as you are listing something a user could and should already be doing. 

The fact you can't understand the question "How much time can you contribute to this role" doesn't look great either. 

You didn't even finish the format. You're missing something at the bottom of your application. Yet another red flag

Your application is RIDDLED with gramatical errors, spelling errors, capitalization and punctuation errors. This is especially detremental as you state you don't have a microphone. Staff typing is already slow as it is. I don't want a typing staff member who can't type a coherent sentence solving sits on DarkRP.

You need to put serious work into your app. Simply having friends and being "good at suggestions" doesn't make you a candidate. That's all the qualities a user should have. Even if you fix your application, my -1 will stay. I genuinely think you need more time to adjust to the server and learn what the staff team expects from applicants. 

Edit: You just edited your app as I replied, and I cannot say that it's for the better. "Bye Luci I'm watching you owo". Why would you ever feel the need to put that in an application? Ever? Yes, I'll give you credit: you did make the paragraphs longer! But the content in them is just as bad, if not worse. I cannot follow a single thought you put down as it's constantly changing from sentence to sentence, and the thoughts being put down are incoherent and irrelevant. Sorry, but you aren't ready for staff. 

100% Spot on.

I think everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves, so if you follow what Buddha says and edit the application, I’ll consider  changing my decision.

Good luck regardless.

Edited by garnetgamer
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, azzaziel said:

Bye Luci im watching you owo

Screenshot_20200206-192055.png

These examples of his maturity alone should be grounds for an insta deny. You simply are not ready for the staffing position. Sorry man, but better luck next time. 

Edited by eXg-Buddha
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

-1 I'm not sure what gave you the idea I gave you a referral. I think you're a decent guy and I told you about where to apply but that does not make me a referral of yours. Your app needs some serious grammar checks and beefing up. Seriously though, putting my name there wasn't very thoughtful, you hadn't even asked me. 

Sorry this seems a bit harsh, got a little annoyed when I saw my name on this. However if you improve your application, maybe even try reapplying at a later date with a better overall app and some real referrals, you would be better off. I would appreciate if you'd take my name out though, another time and maybe you will get my referral. 

Edited by Vaelex
  • Informative 1
14 hours ago, azzaziel said:

when I can buy Teamspeak

Teamspeak is free?

14 hours ago, azzaziel said:

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Vaelex

As Vaelex said, he did not refer you please remove this.

15 hours ago, azzaziel said:

I will attempt to do an hour of duty a week.

I do not think this is near enough to what we would want.

The paragraphs don't have the best in them, please improve them.

You... don't have a section for the staff rules? Did you read them?

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, eXg-Buddha said:

Screenshot_20200206-192055.png

These examples of his maturity alone should be grounds for an insta deny. You simply are not ready for the staffing position. Sorry man, but better luck next time. 

Is this even English? -1

• Agree 1

Denied

We need staff who are willing to correct their mistakes, and be active on in-game AND on the forums.

Your application hasn't been edited in nearly a week, after multiple staff pointed out problems with your app.

You may reapply in 72 hours, but please come back with a stronger app if you do make one.

Also, be responsive to any changes that need to be made next time.

Having some small errors in an application isn't a big deal as long as they are fixed quickly after being pointed out.