Take away Teamspeak

dr_Sneakyy

Keep Team-speak or not  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep team-speak

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2020 at 01:10 PM

• The Garnut
6 minutes ago, Yui_ said:

@Garnet are players able to get a Custom chat channel like on TS or will that not be allowed?

Considering it takes 3 seconds to make your own discord group chat/call and that it's free, I don't see why I would do that. The only reason those are available on TS is because I pay to host it.

• Winner 1
1 minute ago, Yui_ said:

@Garnet are players able to get a Custom chat channel like on TS or will that not be allowed?

That would get extremely excessive with the amount on the TS server right now, but I'm sure adding the channels won't be that hard.

I'll put my piece here as I have not yet,

Pros:

- Discord is more popular with the overall gaming community, making it a viable choice for gamers to have an easier experience getting connected with the community
- Discord is more user-friendly (easier, more simplified permissions)
- DiScOrD iS FrEe

Cons:

- Discord does not have the ability to include a description with a channel, a mechanic almost EVERY MRP and personal channel utilizes.
- Discord roles do not get icons
- Discord is easier to DDoS
- Public Discords can get raided by ANYONE
- Locked channels would require a separate role in order to allow entry, meaning if the owner of the channel isn't there, (or someone they trust enough to give channel mod), there's no way for them to enter the channel except getting moved
- Say goodbye to pokes, the only way you can get a hold of someone directly is by PMing them, and if they have permissions set, they have to have you added as a friend to accept messages

That's just what I came up with on the spot, may add more later.

• 2 months later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c12.png

Your suggestion has been Denied,

We have a perfectly working TeamSpeak which is not only user friendly, but lags out low end PCs less than Discord does. We have a Discord, but it is not a means of voice communication; rather a way to contact staff outside of TS/In-Game/Steam. Garnet has told me that he is working on the discord, so please give it some time! Thank you for your suggestion.