New Jobs: lawyer + Judge

Skeletron

New Jobs: lawyer + Judge  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be a thing

• Great idea, would work really well.
    • Alright idea but needs some work.
    • Not very confident with this idea.
    • I hate all the ideas you've ever come up with.

Lawyer: If there is two lawyers online and a judge, when someone is arrested they would go to court and would have the option to pay the lawyer to back them, or to take the sentence/prison time. If the suspect chooses to pay the lawyer there would be a debate whether or not the person is guilty. The police officer who arrested the player would have to explain why he did, and both sides would explain their case. There should be two available slots for players to be lawyers so there could be a for and an against. The lawyer job would start at level 30(not VIP exclusive).

Judge: The judge would have the final say in the matter. There should only be 1 slot for the judge. The judge job would start at level 40 (not VIP exclusive).

As there needs to be at least 2 lawyers and 1 judge active for this to work, both jobs should be highly paid giving incentive for people to chose this job.

I can think of a lot of things going wrong with this system e.g. bias judges and lawyer however the demote system should be applied to these jobs meaning that if they are corrupt they can't stay as them. This is like the real world to be honest with all this corruption. However, I just feel like this would be a great addition to the selection of jobs there are. 

I don't really see this really benefiting the server in any way, Because even if this is something that happens yeah it adds a little flavor but I don't think a lot of the people that are going to be hiring lawyers especially because they can just wait in jail for the three or five minutes. What would make them want to do this especially if they're going to be wasting more time doing this really especially if they have to pay a lawyer, they're better off just waiting the couple of minutes in jail

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1

Your suggestion has been Denied,

With the current playstyle of DarkRP, I cannot see this happening. However, you are free to experiment with built in classes and create RP environments. If tested and shown to work well, this may be accepted one day. Thank you for your suggestion.