Possibility of Map change? V2

Nutter

Public Poll  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Map options

• Echo - Keep the current map
    • Delta - map prior to Echo, well made, optimized desert map, timed killhouse, modern features
    • Chaharikar - Dusk desert map low detail, town objective, heavy fog, missing textures
    • Taiga V3 - Fall map | re-skin of Chaharikar with extra details and trees - lower FPS
    • Siberia - Snow night-time map, atmospheric, optimized

Ive only ever really heard good about Chaharikar. With Taiga and CSdesert it's always some level of controversial opinion. So I myself am all in for Chaharikar, and if Garnet actually has a desire to work it to be even better in the future, I can't see any reason as to why I shouldn't give it a shot. I don't have nostalgia brain on this, and i've never played maps older than Delta, so as a player who came in just 3 maps ago... My vote is Chaharikar.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Milton said:

Ive only ever really heard good about Chaharikar. With Taiga and CSdesert it's always some level of controversial opinion. So I myself am all in for Chaharikar, and if Garnet actually has a desire to work it to be even better in the future, I can't see any reason as to why I shouldn't give it a shot. I don't have nostalgia brain on this, and i've never played maps older than Delta, so as a player who came in just 3 maps ago... My vote is Chaharikar.

I voted for Siberia, a snow map seems super dope

Seeing as I can't go back to change my vote, which in reality it was a tossup between V3 and Chaharikar to begin with, I'm going to state here, +1 for Chaharikar coming back too.

Both maps were big, Fun as all hell, and remind me of times that were better for the server.

• The Garnut
1 minute ago, Im Dream said:

Also what do you mean by missing textures for Chaharikar? I never had this problem and I don't remember people talking about it. Or maybe it's something else.

The earliest iteration of the map had alot of dev textures in places such as bases, and the entirety of killhouse.

1 minute ago, Im Dream said:

I have good news 

Sooo when is that going to be on github 😮 

13 minutes ago, Im Dream said:

Here's a thread showing more screenshots/map overviews of Chaharikar and Siberia for people who haven't seen them.

Also what do you mean by missing textures for Chaharikar? I never had this problem and I don't remember people talking about it. Or maybe it's something else.

I have good news 

Until you realize the white snow burns your eyes and the snow is "slippery" making it very annoying in combat situation.

I didn't know 😞 that sounds bad

4 hours ago, Garnet said:

ok i'm really down for Chaharikar now, I might be nostalgic. Can we start voting for that thx.

Garnet... just swap between those two maps every month, I think that’s the best idea. As most people make posts about reverting it to Chaharikar or TaigaV3, so why not appeal to both.

and if we use them again a lot we (meaning soc factions) can make new tryout docs. One for each map, if we were able to do tryouts without match and all in the past, we can do it again. I myself voted for TaigaV3 but I also want to see Chaharikar so hope you (and others) take this into consideration 

+1 for Chaharikar

Pretty recently (3 months ago?) I downloaded the map file for Chahrikar because @Cheasterman72 wanted to show me it. So, after about 20 mins of loading all 1000+ add ons that he had, I hopped onto the map with him. He took me through every obj and location in base, showing me what happened where. I am not +1ing Charharikar because of “where everything was” but instead, the excitement. He was so damn passionate about that map, as you could tell in his voice. after I heard his excitement I was disappointed with myself for leaving garnet in 2016/17 to play R6. 

I believe that EVERYONE can agree with me that MRP is dying. Last night my Tab menu was not even full, we had about 50 players max on a thursday. Like CSDesert, if Garnet were to bring back an old map (who cares if it doesn’t look “good” it’s Garry’s Mod. We aren’t expecting AAA game graphics) it would BOOST the player count to oblivion. Even after the previous posts, this is supported even more. 

I joined back on Taiga Forest, so i might have some bias. But either way, i think by adding Chaharikar for even just a month will improve all aspects of the server. And that’s was MRP needs rn. 

TL;DR: The excitement that came with Chaharikar is great, MRP needs more players so adding a nostalgic map would bring old players back. 

• Winner 1
  • Agree 2

Say if you brought Chaharikar back would you keep RU and keep it like it is now or would you bring Afghanistan back? I personally voted for Chaharikar because I would like a PVP based map because it's one of the best things to do on this server because we have so many skilled players. 

13 minutes ago, Im Dream said:

Old players won't come back for Chaharikar, they would rather come back to cscdesert

I can say as an old player, that aint it chief.
We're sick of CsDesert now.

would you keep RU

It's the map that we initially switched to RU on, So I assume Garnet would?

Edited by Homast