Exterior TDM area.

Snapdragon

+1

Wow, I can’t believe this is the first time I am hearing of an such an ambitious idea like this. Not only would this help new players easily train to get better, this would also leave a huge chunk of the player base less bored and give everyone something to do in between wars. Boredom has always been something that players have brought up and I feel like this could be an amazing fix if done correctly. 
Some people may think that this would make war seem boring compared to the TDM Zone but I think on the contrary. On our server, war is all about working as a collective to capture an objective and eventually defeat the opposing forces. This TDM zone would be all about working as an individual to kill other players. I believe that if war is lead correctly, players will still feel the same gratification from winning a war because of the fact players work as a collective and not an individual.

+1 

Like Aidan, I am shocked that I haven’t heard this before. I honestly think that including a section of the map in which it is a FFA would be so much fun. Normally in between wars nothing happens so I think that adding this is great because it requires minimal effort. Maybe to add on to this suggestion, make the FFA give you XP when you kill someone. But, that could be exploited so maybe not. 

this is basically making it a 24/7 tdm server, which is the core difference between GG and other servers. if this is really something the community wants, we might as well go ahead and change our name to icefuse while we're at it 

• Cringe 1
  • 300 IQ 2
53 minutes ago, shrimp said:

this is basically making it a 24/7 tdm server, which is the core difference between GG and other servers. if this is really something the community wants, we might as well go ahead and change our name to icefuse while we're at it 

If our "core difference" is sitting around all day waiting for the next war, I'd rather just play a different server. There's no point in making the server more boring just because it serves "our identity."

Edited by Snapdragon
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 5

Huge +1 to this. Adds more stuff to do between wars. It'd be cool if you spawned with random guns on the server with a "loadout" like 1 AR 1 SMG 1 Sniper. 

1 hour ago, shrimp said:

we might as well go ahead and change our name to icefuse while we're at it 

This is nothing like that server. Just because we add an TDM arena to do something between wars does not mean we are icefuse. They have a "constant" war that has different ROES between the US and INS. That server works way different than Garnet and has a different gameplay. What snap is suggesting is just an area where people are bored during peacetime to go and try to improve their skill or just fuck around and kill people. Lot different than what you were saying

4 hours ago, shrimp said:

1 hour with only "RP" and Duels to pass the time isn't really cutting it right now as far as keeping people entertained goes. As it is we don't even have duels right now, and the methods of RPing on this server are incredibly stripped of any substance. When the event server comes through, things will probably be a lot more fun. But as it is, there's little to do between wars for the general player aside from fuck around with vehicles.

+1 to the suggestion. Having more to do during peacetime is always a + in my mind, and like others have said I'm suprised I haven't seen this kind of thing suggested before. It would be great if there was a bit added onto it, maybe a small XP or $$$ reward for the winning team? Either way I'm excited to see more community feedback from this thread.

Edited by Milton
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The Garnut

Going to unfortunately have to deny this because we are at the brush limit for every map we had ever made, and it's impossible to build in the void without updating the map. Take duels for a "DM area" albeit, not TDM.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines