Removal of stamina

Description: I am disliking this new system I don't know if everyone is feeling the same. In the Update post Garnet said "In order to prevent people breaking their hit box via jump-crouching, I have gone ahead and came up with a solution which is to repurpose our old stamina system as to only affect jumping." In this scenario I have found a way to break your hit box with the stamina included probably worse than what it was.  I understand that this feature takes time during high pop wars, personally high pop wars I think would be worse thank low pop. 

Reasoning: Due to the stamina system movement isn't the same you can't get on spots that you could before. I know for a fact 2 US factions literally there whole tryout is parkour for filters to know that there  dedicated to the faction.  The movement isn't the same when you are in a sniper battle you literally strafe left and right but the point is everyone is running in a straight line like bots. The video below shows that he misses 3 times before hitting me with just spamming jump crouch. The model in this situation is not the problem because it's one of the best on the server it's just the issue to the stamina bar. I think what is needed to be done is to just completely remove the system and let staff handle the jump crouch situation like it was before. I personally think the problem was people not reporting the issue due to the crouch jump and just letting them do it. 

Additional information: https://medal.tv/clips/21453703/d13371Gth0LE

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

-1 stamina is useful but needs rework. My opinion is stamina should ONLY decrease when you jump. Not when you sprint but as soon as you jump. This will allow people to perform jumps without having to worry about alt walking to the obj before hand. Yes Stamina has it's bugs but we've already banned crouch jump spam so just ban stamina jump abuse. Trying to remove something so early is also not very efficient. Allow more playtime with stamina to allow Garnet to make fixes to the current issues instead of just banning it. 

Edited by Gamma
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

+1, It is really not the answer to the problem of jump crouch spam.  if it is to stay, it needs  a rework that will make its focus on stopping jump crouching and not jumping in general. this is also a very decisive issue and a lot of people have told me that this will effect their future on the server.

• Agree 1

+1  

Everyone has been complaining about this and I did to. The reason I don't like it is because I understand that Garnet doesn't want crouch jump nor jump spam but  making it go down by sprinting smh 

Edited by Kyrie

Like I said previously on Blooms post I think its way too early to be suggesting the removal of the stamina bar already. Now most people are aware of the hitbox's breaking due to jump spamming but instead I think its more appropriate to ask for a rework of the system and have minor changes to the stamina bar (i.e faster regeneration time, lower percent tanking from jumping, etc.). I personally have no issue with the idea of the use of a stamina bar but it does need some major fixes -1

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
59 minutes ago, Romulus said:

One of the only reasons im +1ing this is because of the exploits that have been pointed out with it. If it didnt have any exploits or problems with it I'd be all for it, but currently it creates more of a problem to hitbox breaking than it does fixing it.

We have banned crouch jump spam so then just ban the hixbox abuse here. Not that hard and can be done within a matter of a few days. Allow Garnet to fix the abuse and still have stamina. Just because something has it's issues doesn't mean we should ban it outright. The update just fucking came around lets live with it and allow the Nut himself to fix shit. 

• Disagree 2
7 minutes ago, Gamma said:

so just ban stamina jump abuse

I think this just negates the whole point of having stamina in the first place. Wasn't it implemented so it would be easier to enforce crouch jump spamming because it would make it more difficult? Now we're just adding another thing to enforce, the exact opposite of what we wanted to do.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Gythem said:

I think this just negates the whole point of having stamina in the first place. Wasn't it implemented so it would be easier to enforce crouch jump spamming because it would make it more difficult? Now we're just adding another thing to enforce, the exact opposite of what we wanted to do.

Everything has it's issues but I rather have the broken system now than crouch jump spam. It's not hard to kill these people since they can't ADS while jumping. Yeah sure it's annoying but it's easier to kill them since they are limited to such a small square and just a prime target for bodyshots. 

• Disagree 1

+1 

This will turn into another way to break your hitbox and ultimately make the game not fun to play. With 300 hp classes getting a speed boost when their stamina is low. Now with decreased mobility this will 100% add to the sniper meta to this map. People with nailgunner and rpg will take advantage of this decreased mobility and will solo rpg more then ever.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines