Propblock/Propspam Rules

Cameron

+1 I agree that this should be punished immediately, but I think that they should be brought into a sit to be questioned. An instant ban would be unfair as it would technically be propspam/block and maybe failrp. That should therefore lead to a longer jail sentence or warns. 

I +1 being punished for this but -1 being instantly banned for it

On 4/7/2020 at 5:15 AM, MeLikeFood said:

-1 sorry but most of the players are really new and some have never played dark rp before so they are just learning

I can understand your point, but you can throw that into any sit and they get off the hook. "I didn't know I wasn't allowed to [propblock / rdm / rda / media micspam / etc.]" the MOTD pops up with the rules instantly when you join the server, using the ignorance card in a sit is just foolish.

1 minute ago, Imperator said:

I can understand your point, but you can throw that into any sit and they get off the hook. "I didn't know I wasn't allowed to [propblock / rdm / rda / media micspam / etc.]" the MOTD pops up with the rules instantly when you join the server, using the ignorance card in a sit is just foolish.

I can understand where you are coming from but back when this happened im pretty sure in game rules were broken correct me if i'm wrong

Just now, MeLikeFood said:

I can understand where you are coming from but back when this happened im pretty sure in game rules were broken correct me if i'm wrong

Even if the rules are broken, just about any player could use this excuse. There are players who very well know the rules and just hop server to server to break them. They would appear as level 1 and still are not exempt to the rules. It doesn't matter if they are new and don't understand the rules, the rules are clear and fairly obvious most of the time. Anybody who jumps into a server like this should know to not run around spamming props everywhere, kill a ton of people, etc. 

3 minutes ago, MeLikeFood said:

This is true, which is why the "new players don't understand" argument is invalid, but that's just my personal opinion.

1 minute ago, Endemic_Zed said:

Even if the rules are broken, just about any player could use this excuse. There are players who very well know the rules and just hop server to server to break them. They would appear as level 1 and still are not exempt to the rules. It doesn't matter if they are new and don't understand the rules, the rules are clear and fairly obvious most of the time. Anybody who jumps into a server like this should know to not run around spamming props everywhere, kill a ton of people, etc. 

To add to your post in reference to the video posted by OP, these players were placing the props strategically, and using the stacker tool to place the props at such an angle to block the base members from defending. These players knew what they were doing.

Just now, MeLikeFood said:

im just gonna out this here it shouldent be a ban if its a first time offence(this will be my last post on this topic)

In the situation shown by OP and based on my reply in this post to @Endemic_Zed im surprised you haven't been convinced yet. If you were in a situation where someone was using props strategically to hinder your ability to defend your base, would you want them banned, or would you say "nah, they're probably new, you don't need to ban them." Personally, banning them seems to be the best option, they have no intent to follow the rules given to them at the very beginning of their connection to the server.

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Imperator said:

To add to your post in reference to the video posted by OP, these players were placing the props strategically, and using the stacker tool to place the props at such an angle to block the base members from defending. These players knew what they were doing.

One time i used stacker to make my base  unraidable i didnt know what i was doing and it shouldent be an insta ban when the player is un ware you are not allowed to stacker props into bases(last post for real this time)

Edited by MeLikeFood
1 minute ago, Imperator said:

In the situation shown by OP and based on my reply in this post to @Endemic_Zed im surprised you haven't been convinced yet. If you were in a situation where someone was using props strategically to hinder your ability to defend your base, would you want them banned, or would you say "nah, they're probably new, you don't need to ban them." Personally, banning them seems to be the best option, they have no intent to follow the rules given to them at the very beginning of their connection to the server.

I can agree with this. Anybody doing this in this manner knows exactly what they are doing. Their props were placed to make it easier for them to break in without getting killed. I would want a more severe punishment for these players. With this kind of knowledge, they know the rules regardless if they say the don't. This hsould be unacceptable.

1 minute ago, MeLikeFood said:

One time i used stacker to make my base super unraidable i didnt know what i was doing and it shouldent be an insta ban when the player is un ware you are not allowed to stacker props into bases(last post for real this time)

See I may be wrong but the difference is that while you used stacker to make YOUR base hard to raid, that still seems to be allowed. Youre building your own base and as long as you didn't make it actually unraidable that doesn't seem to break any rules. If you did it to propblock then it would make sense that you should've gotten into trouble. These players couldn't have known what the inside looked like and therefore could've propblocked the entrance entirely. That would be extremely against the rules since it would have made the base unable to enter or exit unless the players removed the prop to let themselves in. I don't understand how you can defend this type of action regardless if they are actually new or not. It is just plain unfair for those in the base.

1 hour ago, MeLikeFood said:

One time i used stacker to make my base  unraidable i didnt know what i was doing

Making your base un-raidable and making someone else's base un-defendable are two completely different offenses. I understand your cause for correlation because they both use the stacker, but other than that they are two completely different situations.

1 hour ago, MeLikeFood said:

and it shouldent be an insta ban when the player is un ware you are not allowed to stacker props into bases(last post for real this time)

I fully understand your opinion on the matter, but the players in this situation were using it strategically. They were fully aware of that they were doing, and they did it anyways. I don't want to continue on this tangent because while the situation in the OP is used as a reference to the suggestion, it is not the entire suggestion. It all boils down to the offender's intentions, did they know what they were doing? In this situation the player knew very well their intentions. In your situation you were probably unaware. When you compare your situation to the one in the OP it is confusing because anyone can see that they are two different sitauations. 

I went ahead and added the ban for mass propspam back into the D3A. There's a very clear difference between when a player is new, and when a player is intentionally abusing the stacker tool in order to raid a base. Players doing anything similar to this should be banned for either mass propblock or mass propspam, either one works. Gonna move this to accepted.

Edited by Chase
  • Like 2