Learning how to skin weapons :D

• The Garnut
14 minutes ago, Duglas said:

?width=400&height=225?width=400&height=225

like 4th and 5th attempt at AEK

Not a big fan of just tossing random textures/images over guns man. You should look into a better way of doing that, IE: lower opacityi/soft apply/any other photoshop effects 🙂

4 hours ago, Riskii said:

Can you do fever dream next ? 😄

I could most definitely try the next time I do this

38 minutes ago, Ting said:

2e6cd017b2859e7d8b0c497f4fe8b036.jpg

A few of us ( @huskaii ). Have had a LOT of fun adding skins to our weapons... This one is most likly my favorite.

But Garnet, really good work here. Im a little confused how you would be able to make these skins server side, but i'd assume its possible.

It's simple, they're not going to be attachable skins through the context menu, they're going to be their own weapons.

1 minute ago, Doof123 said:

spacer.png

This is my personal skin, shout-out to @Zephyr for teachin me how

oh lord haha

• The Garnut
47 minutes ago, Im Dream said:

fuck you mean nigga? I told you I'm literally working on the orsis frontside misty. The reason it takes time is because I do it from scratch and I don't just slap a texture on it like that: 

Bitch no you didn't haha. You muted yourself on TS after I was trying to figure out if you wanna do it and how much you'd charge. (putting aside the  2 weeks before that I'd message you on TS)

48 minutes ago, Im Dream said:

and FINALLY you show me what you mean by "just a gold texture, no reflection"

me my gold looks like that, the diffuse/albedo texture is just a flat yellow brown, I'm sure if we take your texture + the reflection like on my skin = the perfect gold

kaUmaD9.jpg

Yeah, I actually put in a ton of effort into my gold texture, I really do wanna see it with the reflection you've got going over there 😮 looks really cool

49 minutes ago, Im Dream said:

Note: they are rendered in EEVEE without screencast reflection (no cubemap baked and not even indirect lighting because we won't see it, we don't have mat_specular on 1 on the server, and we don't even have cubemaps on the maps, yikes)

Client fps :^( you'd be surprised how bad mat_specular is, and while I do love good aesthetics, we're obviously aiming for performance on Garnet

All your screenshots are literal eye-candy, why don't you post a skin to the CS:GO workshop to try and get it properly implemented into the game?

• Agree 1
22 hours ago, Im Dream said:

fuck you mean nigga? I told you I'm literally working on the orsis frontside misty. The reason it takes time is because I do it from scratch and I don't just slap a texture on it like that: 

TU5dbWP.png

Anyway to stay on topic I'll post some of my shit.

Note: they are rendered in EEVEE without screencast reflection (no cubemap baked and not even indirect lighting because we won't see it, we don't have mat_specular on 1 on the server, and we don't even have cubemaps on the maps, yikes)

For MRP:

Here are the orsis:

2cq4obc.png

lsim11L.png

vmayavd.png

sh2ZpLo.png

APKtqPL.png

The G3A3 skin that I made of Captainswag (there was originally a model modification but the skin also works on the original G3 model)

Qzxy6xH.png

For DRP (also rendered in EEVEE, same parameters)

Famas, I ported them from csgo to gmod and btw most of them are not available on the workshop:

Some of them are more paterns and the colors can be modified to something else.

nxoObOX.png

u9M17SP.png

4jCbOjx.png

mtlQY4B.png

Yo4fH4Z.pngXovHaCg.pngGvwT41S.pngRZS6hQP.pngZyKQS8w.pngBXCz5qx.pngBS3hSRh.png

The glocks:

OZGmC5a.png

tGzhMG2.png

9ZqL7GB.png

8EJFiFv.png

cHZB5VR.png

Rt8dVd9.png

0KyeX3l.png

VfWy0ht.png

UA6xq8I.png

0JQZMsK.png

4LdWYxh.png

There's also the aug but for some reason I can only find this one

eMRsyfC.png

And there are many more (ak47, awp, etc)

For the knives skins I ported some (MRP and DRP)

yaugwUe.jpg

FJZhOmJ.jpg

XMDenat.jpg

But I won't go over all of them, there's a lot and there's different models (karambit, bayonet, etc) , the most impressive thing about the knives is that I changed the models (btw those don't have animation bug, as opposed to anyone else who tried):

HLTP8KI.jpg

VkrOr8D.jpg

E2zo1ua.jpg

and FINALLY you show me what you mean by "just a gold texture, no reflection"

me my gold looks like that, the diffuse/albedo texture is just a flat yellow brown, I'm sure if we take your texture + the reflection like on my skin = the perfect gold

kaUmaD9.jpg

pathetic overlay of a texture onto a uv map and calling it "art"

+ forgetting to render in the normals in your shitty eevee screenshots

+ posting unrelated csgo skins that don't even correspond with the ingame CW2.0

you really don't know what you're doing do you

• Cringe 5
  • 2 weeks later...