Rust Europe Launch Update [04/10/2020]

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

Hello Garnet Gamers,

Over the years we've had a dozen European players, but never really a significant portion of our playerbase - well, i'm working towards changing that.

Our host had a single machine available in Europe, which is not something that's easy to come by, it is by no means a machine for hosting a high performance server - infact,  it's  quite the opposite being an almost 10 years old Xeon 1231v3. This should yield us about 2x 200 player servers for nearly the same price we're paying to host 6x350 player servers. Did it make any sense to get the machine? no. Will I ever make this money back? No. So why'd you do it? good question.

5x Oscar was ported over and re-configured, the European counterpart for this server is called [EU] 5x Echo.

Connection Information: 208.103.169.215:28015

2x Sierra was ported over and re-configured, the European counterpart for this server is called [EU] 5x Delta.

Connection Information: 208.103.169.215:28016

Since as you guys know, nearly all our rust servers are very much near-vanilla with VERY little donator benefits, and as such, we should be able to get these servers populated fairly easily - from my experience, nearly all the other servers at the top are configured to be pay-to-win servers, making players rely on the store portal on wipes to buy extra items. If any of you guys are willing to take the hit over in the US and play on a European server at odd times of the night for the sake of helping me get the server to pick up a population, I will offer you VIP benefits that would include skinbox, sign artist, and others. Feel free to comment if this is something you're interested in!

• Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • The Garnut
15 minutes ago, Spilq2 said:

I've been waiting for this. As a European I will definitely be playing this server a lot, I hope I can help build up the population towards the amount of players on your current NA servers. 😄 

Man, I completely forgot you're British. Truth be told, our server is on the same premium network that our US servers are on, so while it is by no means a powerful machine and it can only host 2x200 player server, we will have the same god-like ping and networking performance that should bring people in quickly - we just need a handful of active players to start with 😉 

• Friendly 1